Need help with a couple macros

So Im not good with macros, and thats why im hopeing all the wonderful people here will help me out. So, first I would like to use my engineering glove tinker off every cd ( hyper speed ), I want it macroed in with my Storm Strike (Enh shammy) since its off the gcd, that way while im smackin ss it will use the tinker automatically when it comes off cd. Next, and im not sure if this is possible or not, I would like one that, with out any modifiers, will cast Fire nova if there is a magma totem present and if no totem ,cast magma totem and then continue on with fire nova until it has to cast another totem. Like I said I'm prolly the worst person in the world when it comes to macros, so if you all could help me out that would be great. Thanks :P

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Deleted

Re: Need help with a couple macros

#showtooltip stormstrike
    /!attack
    /use 6
    /cast stormstrike
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

'6' is the slot number for your gloves, so /use 6 is the command to use hyperspeed accelerators.
    I can't remember if Fire Nova is on the GCD or not. If it is

#showtooltip
    /cast fire nova
    /use magma totem

will work since the second line will only operate if the first fails. If Fire Nova is not on the GCD then this won't work since it will re-cast magma totem every use.

Edit: Looks like Fire Nova has a GCD so the above macro will work fine.

Awesome, ty so much, I'm gonna go try these out right now =D

Edit: The ss one worked for the most part all I had to do was change /use 6 to /use Frost Witch's Grips,

The Fire nova one does not seem to work tho, it will cast fire nova just fine, but it wont drop magma totem for some reason. Anyone know how to make that work ?

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Anyone know how to get the fire nova/magma totem to work ?

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Guessing at macros is really bad. Anyway, for the first one, 6 is the belt slot not the glove slot..

#showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Stormstrike
    /use 10

For the fire nova one, honestly the best solution would be to use a modifer, otherwise you're stuck with a castsequence that will make it difficult if you need to redrop your Magma totem.

Either with a modifier: (You can use control, alt, or shift and it will redrop Magma)

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod]Magma Totem;Fire Nova

Or a castsequence which can get tricky. I armoried Tumble and saw that you don't have the Glyph or Improved Fire Nova talents, so your 10 second nova can be fit twice in this.
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=11 Magma Totem,Fire Nova,Fire Nova

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble
    Anyone know how to get the fire nova/magma totem to work ?
    Shouldn't the line be /cast Magma Totem ? Using a totem is actually a spell, is it not? I haven't played my Shaman in a while, and I have no way to check my macros at the moment, but switching /use to /cast should clear the above macro up just fine.

Edit: Going with lawomous' macro is probably a better solution, though. The one mentioned earlier may mess up or not work properly, whereas the mod macro will work perfectly every time.

Thanks law, I guess I will just have to stick to a modifier.
    But just incase anyone here does know how to do one, thats cast fire nova always unless there is no magma totem present then it should cast magma totem and just continue on with fir enovas until magma totem is gone, that would be great. Thx heaps for all the feed back and help so far.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lolzmoonfire
    Shouldn't the line be /cast Magma Totem ?
    Yes. I had my conventions back to front.

#showtooltip
    /cast fire nova
    /cast magma totem

It should work fine. There is no opportunity for it to 'mess up'. Either you have a fire totem down, in which case the first line executes and the second gives an error which is blocked by the macro, or you don't in which case the first line gives the error and the second line executes.

The only time an issue could arise is if you try to use Fire Nova before it comes off cooldown, in which case you'll re-deploy magma totem early. Other than that it's just a matter of mindlessly pressing it whenever FN is off CD and it will take care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    Either you have a fire totem down, in which case the first line executes and the second gives an error which is blocked by the macro, or you don't in which case the first line gives the error and the second line executes.
    That is not the way macros work...

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator