To Shadowburn, or not to Shadowburn, an Affliction 3.3.3. question

So, when 3.3.3. is up and our LifeTap will scale with spellpower, I don't think Dark Pact isn't it worth anymore, since Improved Lifetap will give us more Mana for a simple GCD.

So, I have a Talentpoint left, but what can i do with it?
    I don't think Cataclysm or Fel Synergy will be worth it and then I came up with the idea to put it into Shadowburn.

Well, shards are never ever a problem as Affliction and i just want to use it when I move.
    It's just a marginal Dps boost, but you can cast something in movement phases (when you have enough mana and DeathCoil is on CD).

Here is the Build: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...0KAba6r,,11623

What do you guys think about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Aion is merley a setback!

Re: To Shadowburn, or not to Shadowburn, an Affliction 3.3.3. question

Improved life tap will still give less mana than dark pact and here's why:

Life tap scales with HALF your spellpower (1490 base + 0.5* Spellpower)
    Dark pact scales with almost all of your spellpower (1200 base + 0.96* Spellpower)

Adding 20% doesn't make life tap better.

Fel concentration really isn't a worthless talent, spell pushback = dps time lost. Put your points there and in suppression, it's better to have less hit on your gear and throw some points in there (as opposed to the alternative of ~10% threat reduction for 2 points).

15+ Year Old Account

Shadowburn is only useful while moving, otherwise you are spending GCD time casting a spell that does less dps than shadow bolt over the same period.

It's a pvp talent for burst. Keep thinking outside of the box though.

Cataclysm is the usual place to put it for the mana savings since Affliction can have mana issues if you're not careful.

R.I.P. YARG

You will rarely if ever use shadowburn in a raid as affliction as you will always be draining soul to finish off fights.

It is however an amazing talent if you do arenas or pvp battlegrounds, if so its worth a point for getting those quick killing blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Shebaa
    You will rarely if ever use shadowburn in a raid as affliction as you will always be draining soul to finish off fights.

It is however an amazing talent if you do arenas or pvp battlegrounds, if so its worth a point for getting those quick killing blows.
    You're not understanding his question, he's intending on using shadowburn as a filler while he is moving. As in, he has to move and he doesn't need to pact or refresh an instant dot. He'll shadowburn instead, and yes it'll waste a shard.

It'd be totally worth doing it if the talent point for it didn't cost as much. But it's better served elsewhere.

If the shard cost is not an issue, and you really do have nothing else to cast during that time then yes it does have potential, but I find certainly in pvp I have major issues with numbers of shards.
    If you can pull off good execute phases with drain soul then perhaps the cost will not be an issue, but I feel it is better spent elsewehre, say like more into fel concentration for the slim chance of spell pushback mechanisms, or even better into fel synergy so you can keep your pet alive pretty much passively meaning less need for a healer to do it.
    Must be nice to not need any points at all in supression.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Shebaa

PvP almost requires 51/11/0 as a skeleton for affliction (haunt + soul link are vital) making 10 points in destruction the most you'll ever put in there. The cookie cutter pvp spec for affliction right now is 54/17/0, which has no points in destruction.

ISB - 5% improved crit chance - useless in pvp.
    Reduced cast time on Shadow Bolt or Immolate - useless in pvp since immolate should not be used as afflliction, nor should shadowbolt outside of a nightfall proc.
    Molten skin is the first talent with some usefulness in pvp, but you have to spend 5 points in worthless talents plus another 3 to get it, so shadowburn in affliction for pvp is not worth the points to obtain.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.