Thread: what boss mod?

what boss mod?

hey what is the best boss mod for raiding?

Re: what boss mod?

Deus Vox Encounters or BigWigs.

dbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deadly Boss Mods.

10+ Year Old Account

DBM is your friend, use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    dbm
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuno
    Deadly Boss Mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinderwurst
    DBM is your friend, use it.
    yes
    There is this thing called being so open-minded your brains fall out.

-Richard Dawkins

Deus Vox Encounters is easily the superior boss mods these days.

DBM is the most common, it's also the most bloated.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    Deus Vox Encounters is easily the superior boss mods these days.

DBM is the most common, it's also the most bloated.
    What makes it superior? I think that's the first I've ever heard of it honestly. Only other one I knew of besides DBM was BigWigs.

DBM is by far and foremost the WORST boss mod. Its often out of date and, while I'm not sure as i haven't used it for like a month, misses important features the other mods have. I started using BigWigs on LK and trust me, turning your screen blue everytime you have to move/do something is such a help you cant imagine.

Bigwigs = DVE >>> DBM

And i've been using DBM since early BC

Quote Originally Posted by Jonisawsom
    What makes it superior? I think that's the first I've ever heard of it honestly. Only other one I knew of besides DBM was BigWigs.
    A proper, well calculated proximity meter; always correct 3D arrows on where big events you should be far away from are taking place; imo better audio cues.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

VisionBossMod, BigWigs or DXE. I'm using DXE at the present and its nice.
    PC: 3770k @ 4.6 / Noctua D14 / 16GB 1600mhz C8 Mushkin / Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H / MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III / 2x Dell U2311H / Lian Li A71FB / Mushkin Chronos 120GB - Seagate 2TB Green - WD Caviar Black 500GB / RAID0: Samsung F3 103SJ 1TB (x2) / Samsung SH123L Blu Ray
    Audio: Ultrasone PRO 2900s / Audio-GD NFB-3.1 / Neco Soundlabs Mosfett Amp

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

There. Is. No. Best. There is only "what fits with me and my guild."

DXE, at least as far as I can tell only includes the wotlk raid instances, no 5 man dungeons, which is the only reason I am not considering that over dbm yet.
    If you do not consider one useful for 5 mans, or even older content then it is a possible for you.
    Personally that is a feature I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account

your all noobs for useing a boss mod, just pay attetion.

Enable ingame sounds and learn what skill the boss is going to use when he says "LET THE LIGHT CONSUME YOU!!11oneone" == Don't use bossmods.

Quote Originally Posted by ericyeahright
    your all noobs for useing a boss mod, just pay attetion.
    THIS... nooot
    well then you would say 99% of wowplayers are stupid? well i respect you for beeing that elite and stop your watch on every bosscounter and look that... OH GOSH in one minute there is defile! :P :

Best thing is BRAINZZZ. But if you wanna be an lazy m*therfucker I would say Big wigs I tested once DBM and BW i found BW beter.

15+ Year Old Account

I tried swtich to DXE from DBM but I failed few times because DXE have (in my opinion) very lackluster warnings -ie Shroud of Sorrow at Blood Queen so my advice is go with DBM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    I tried swtich to DXE from DBM but I failed few times because DXE have (in my opinion) very lackluster warnings -ie Shroud of Sorrow at Blood Queen so my advice is go with DBM.
    Why would you need a warning for shroud of sorrow? I'm going to assume you're talking about swarming shadows, I don't think the DXE warnings are lackluster at all. They just require you to be awake and not drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    DXE allows you to set a visual and auditory que, so if your having trouble with these warnings you need to stop drinking while you raid, and put in the effort to check the warnings are turned on as not all are deemed necessary by DXE so it won't have them all on by default.

EDIT:- DXE has a much more customizable feel so I am going to say DXE.
    Daenerýs

“It's fear of the unknown. The unknown is what it is. And to be frightened of it is what sends everybody scurrying around chasing dreams, illusions, wars, peace, love, hate, all that--it's all illusion. Unknown is what it is. Accept that it's unknown and it's plain sailing. Everything is unknown--then you're ahead of the game. That's what it is. Right?” - John Lennon