Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Healers crying for a mana break.

I just carried a party with 3 awfully geared people, and 1 PvP geared healer through heroic the nexus..
    And the healer kept crying for a mana break.. I didn't stop, of course cause I could keep myself alive without him. But he seemed to get pissed over it eventhough we never wiped or even got close to wiping.

Quite honestly, I feel this happens often with healers who can't manage their mana properly, and this guy actually left.

Anyway, what's your opinion on the matter? Should I stop and wait, eventhough I can take care of myself while he drinks. Or should I just oblige and wait, slowing down the run for no real reason other than the healer's ego?

Re: Healers crying for a mana break.

As long as you or the others in group don't rage at the healer if you do wipe, then I see no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trivial
    yes, hunters have a melee spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous
    yes they do it's called:
    Unguilded

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    I just carried a party with 3 awfully geared people, and 1 PvP geared healer through heroic the nexus..
    And the healer kept crying for a mana break.. I didn't stop, of course cause I could keep myself alive without him. But he seemed to get pissed over it eventhough we never wiped or even got close to wiping.

Quite honestly, I feel this happens often with healers who can't manage their mana properly, and this guy actually left.

Anyway, what's your opinion on the matter? Should I stop and wait, eventhough I can take care of myself while he drinks. Or should I just oblige and wait, slowing down the run for no real reason other than the healer's ego?
    Just run if you know you can handle it, he will go completly oom eventually and see that you can survive without him

If you don't need him to heal you while you run the heroic, then why is he going OOM in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account

If he's OOM, then wait for him to drink? This is so stupid. Only because you're overgearing the heroics doesnt that mean he will. It's normal to take mana breaks if you're blue/pvp geared.

So then, grow up and be patient. There is more stuff in this game than steamrolling through mobs.
    Vol'jin fanboy

I'd say keep going. If you can keep yourself up, then who cares if the healer takes a break, if you die, then oh well. If he's pvp-geared then he should not be fucking pvp geared I'd rather keep a tank that moves quickly and knows what he's doing then some pain in the ass healer. If he's legitimately new, and is just having trouble keeping up, maybe a more polite approach of

"Hey, don't worry about your mana breaks, take them when you need them I can handle trash pulls without heals here and there"

I did a H-HoL the other day, after first boss died, without a hitch, our healer left. Nothing said, no whispers. Just dropped group. I'm primarily a healer, and when I was first doing heroics, if I needed mana, and asked the group for a break, and they just decided to pull anyways, I have DI. Edit: If I was in my pvp gear then I have it coming.

Side note: When I played FFXI, it was a better learning curve. On my White Mage, if I'm low mana, and you pull, hopefully you can handle the mob by yourself until i'm full mana again, otherwise its a painful death for you (coupled with XP loss with each death)

Yes, I'm still level 80. No I don't have cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam
    It's normal to take mana breaks if you're blue/pvp geared.
    Blue geared, yes. PvP geared, you shouldn't be wasting other people's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Dragon
    As long as you or the others in group don't rage at the healer if you do wipe, then I see no problem.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Thesphinx
    If you don't need him to heal you while you run the heroic, then why is he going OOM in the first place?
    and this.

I don't see the problem really. was the healer new to the game?

Mana Regen in Heroic Nexus? :-\

Ofcourse you should wait because you aren't nice enough to tell him that you can keep yourself up while he is drinking otherwise he would have been drinking while you were fighting instead of getting up to heal you since he thinks you need it

15+ Year Old Account

When healing in a heroic where a tank rarely needs healing, I DPS. That costs mana.

mana regen, what is it and where do i get it?

I've had so many elitist groups in the LFG system it is amazing. I was in a PoS Herioc and the healer wasn't the best, but she wasn't bad either and you could really tell she was trying and kept almost everyone up. But the tank (who ran ahead of her and out of range and pulled way to many mobs) bitched her out after we wiped and told her if she could please leave so we could get a real healer because she was the worse he had seen and then proceeded to vote to kick. Then when we got another healer who was geared and the tank proceeded to yell at him for being too slow to get there.

Most of the time is people that just think they are good, and they are rocking the not to great gear.

People seem to forget that you used to NEED crowd control. People actually had to DRINK and instances didn't just take 5 min.

TL;DR Next time don't be an ass and wait for him.

wtf man im so sick of ppl with good gear that think they r too cool for school and especially tanks u think they can boss every1 around because of the uniqueness and rarity of tanks and wtf does slowing down mean? if u wanna do it at your pace just make 4 other toons and just play on your own or just find some ppl that r too l33t like u

rnt u just complaining cause of your own ego? cause u want the run to go just as u want not every1 in randoms has icc gear....

u seem to 4get u used to lack gear urself and u r just bitching about nothing important and maybe u dont need heals but the others might do and also if u dont need healer why dont just 4 man it since the healer left?

get a facking life man seriously.... (fyi i play a holy priest and im not just bitching myself)

User was temp banned for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    When healing in a heroic where a tank rarely needs healing, I DPS. That costs mana.
    Would you cry for mana or suck it up, HoH,fiend and get on with it.

TBH I don't know how a healer could go oom given a geared tank, even in PVP gear. Maybe a priest without meditation?

I said he's wearing PvP gear, meaning he has terrible mana regen.
    Even if I can take care of myself, I still take damage which he attempts to heal.

There's also minor AoE damage on the dps, which he will heal as well. He also didn't use anything but riptide and lesser healing wave(No earth shield, no chain heal..) which is an awfully inefficient way of healing.

He was also throwing in some damage spells and totems.

I suggest you think before you post stupid shit like that.
    Better yet, roll a healer of your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Madd77
    Stop being a prick and wait for him?
    This is fine if he is a fresh 80 healer.

Not that I care very much for PvP healers, but if the guy was a new 80, then yes he can go OOM, and even if you are hard as fucking nails, some instances have plenty of AoE. Especially if the dps is as poorly geared as you say, then they'd nearly die on every random target spell.
    Mea Culpa Lord Valthalak.

What exactly is wrong with being PvP geared? Those heroics are designed for people in blues. Someone with full ilvl 200 pve epics is already outgearing the hc. So someone with all 232+ pvp gear is going to have more than enough stats to be capable.