Rotface Slime bug

Hi, My guild and I last week with the new nerf and buff one shot Rotface finally. So this week, we came in expecting the same result only to be denied.

For some reason the little slimes (and occasionally the big slimes) right as they fell off or merged would make an automatic b-line to the raid and someone would die.

We've never had this happen before and it happened repeatedly on various attempts, so I wonder if this is a bug or if there's some other rng we're not seeing, thanks.
    -Proud Owner of a Blood Elf Warrior-

Re: Rotface Slime bug

What is b-line?

anyway dunno if you ment this but if for example mage gets the slime and uses mirror images, iceblock or something the slime will immediately pick another target and go straight to him. The big slimes were most likely a hunter trying to MD it to the tank or healing aggro. I've noticed that hunter MD's wont work for the big slimes

b-line is like dashing from point a to point b. In this case person with infection gets to the wall gets cleansed and the slime goes straight back to the raid for no reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Renotarshil
    b-line is like dashing from point a to point b. In this case person with infection gets to the wall gets cleansed and the slime goes straight back to the raid for no reason at all.
    bubble/block?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aegwynn&cn=Zerate

This used to happen quite often for my guild as well.

The problem is not a bug. The problem is people running back immediately after they believe the Oozes to be merging, causing one to chase the other into the raid.... This really shouldn't lead to a wipe, however, if your kiter knows how to pick up the big blob, it's just going to be a lot of AoE damage to people nearby.

EDIT:
    In this case person with infection gets to the wall gets cleansed and the slime goes straight back to the raid for no reason at all.
    If this is the case, that they run off immediately after cleansed and not when merging, it's because the person 'tanking' the Ooze uses an immunity or something to drop their threat completely.

Aye, any sort of threat removal like FD, bubble or block removes the threat and redirects the smile to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier10101
    Yep, humans went around in those days casting balls of nature and stars at each other, and healing each other on the battlefield with thrown leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Hi, My guild and I last week with the new nerf and buff one shot Rotface finally. So this week, we came in expecting the same result only to be denied.

For some reason the little slimes (and occasionally the big slimes) right as they fell off or merged would make an automatic b-line to the raid and someone would die.

We've never had this happen before and it happened repeatedly on various attempts, so I wonder if this is a bug or if there's some other rng we're not seeing, thanks.
    Not a bug, but a really retarded game mechanic.
    You know how the small slimes drop those small puddles of greenshit on the floor?
    Yeah, since its a random rate of which they spawn these it can be ALL over the room, in some cases on the other SIDE of the room. Therefore it can happen that when it spawns from the dispelling it goes straight there, drop a puddle and goes back to the "owner" of the slime.

That's what my guild has found out at this point. Might be a bug in game mechanics. No idea, hope to see a fix on it soon since it CAN cause annoying raidwipes.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRet
    "This server shutdown was so epic not even Illidan was prepared for it"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight
    I wanna hold hands with the pretty alliance people and skip through fields of daisies!
    Look now to your defenses, my son. For the champions of justice gather at your gates!
    Then let them come... Frostmourne HUNGERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.QuackAlot
    in some cases on the other SIDE of the room. Therefore it can happen that when it spawns from the dispelling it goes straight there, drop a puddle and goes back to the "owner" of the slime.
    I'm the kiter of the Big Blob for my guild, and so I spend a lot of time with small oozes, and getting to know each one of them(I even named one!). The slime puddle they drop is a ranged, very inaccurate attack, shot in front of them, not below them.

This is also why the kiter can't just back-peddle all the way around the room, as s/he might have to avoid slime being shot into the kiting path.

What you mentioned there, is definately a bug

No, bee-line. Like a bee.

We're currently doing Rotface and they're still acting up we had our mage run out to the wall and when he was cleansed the slime made its way to the healer. Last attempt we even had a slime aggro onto me while I was tanking Rotface.

We're currently doing Rotface and they're still acting up we had our mage run out to the wall and when he was cleansed the slime made its way to the healer. Last attempt we even had a slime aggro onto me while I was tanking Rotface.
    Mages have got three ways of dropping threat as far as I know; Mirror Images(he might not know that this drops threat?), Iceblock and Invisibility(something I doubt he's using).

The small slimes spawn with 100k threat on the target with the disease, so there's no way anyone else can get aggro from them unless their target either dies, or uses a complete threat removal ability. Mages using Ice Block to avoid damage during the Slime Spray with the little slime on them are going to be causing a whole lot more trouble than getting a few ticks.

Note that when the small slimes do drop their target, they will have a normal threat table(though not tauntable), so your kiter can throw a ranged ability or, if possibly, run up and give it a huge smack in melee range(assuming you're not using a Hunter). If one of your healers are doing a huge amount of threat and the slime sticks to that person, have him/her run out to merge the slime with the big one.

Ive had the problem on 25 man

I had a small ooze and when it merged with another it first went into the raid before merging.

Still downed him tho