PvP gear for tanking

I've started to gear my druid for tanking.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rever+Faithful

Some spots is hard to fill doing hcs+badges. So I was thinking how "bad" would it be to use the PvP back or belt instead of what I have?

10+ Year Old Account

Re: PvP gear for tanking

Personally, I have http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41833 in my tanking set, simply because it has more Stamina and agility than anything else available to me. PvP gear isn't terrible for tanking since it has loads of stamina, but that comes at the cost of offensive stats. This is very aparant on the cloak. It has asstons of stamina, but no agility/strength, and very little else in the way of producing threat. More survivability, but lower threat.

So to answer your question specificly : Yes. PvP gear can fill slots where you're struggling to get good pieces. Plug your character into Rawr, enable the PvP pieces in question and see what it says. It might be that http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45829 is better for you than a 245 PvP belt.

BTW. Unless I'm completely wrong, the two biggest upgrades you can get from Frost badges concidering your current gear would be the i264 cloak and belt, seeing as your current two are i200's. The cloak is the best one out there, short of 277 gear, and the belt is quite solid too.

Thanks for the answear mate.

Well, atm I'm saving up for the trinket for frost badges.

Totally forgot about the lvl 226 itemlvl stuff.

I figure since I do some WG and BGs every now and then for fun I might as well buy some stuff for it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchos
    I figure since I do some WG and BGs every now and then for fun I might as well buy some stuff for it.
    Gems, man. Between honor from stonekeeper shards and WG, and downgrading the EoT you get from doing the daily, I haven't bought a gem on the AH since 3.3 launched.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchos
    Well, atm I'm saving up for the trinket for frost badges.
    That trinket is good and all (especially since they doubled the amount absorbed), but seeing as your belt and cloak are so low level, and since there is a very good trinket buyable from EoT, I would advise you to buy the belt/cloak first since they're a bigger upgrade than the Key. I would probably even hold off on buying the Key until after you have 4t10, even. The Glyph and Heart are very strong trinkets.

Again, Rawr is your friend. Learn it, use it, love it. Chose the items you have available, and those you are concidering purchasing and use the Optimize feature. Then look at which of them gave you the biggest overal upgrade. That way you can make a pretty accurately prioritized list of what to buy in which order.

Deleted

Just wanna point out, i maintanked voa25 in 3.2 with full hatefull

It's not a bad option, especially if you don't do much 25. ICC 10 man basically has a lot of iffy tradeoffs, often loaded with armor pen and missing other likeable stats like hit and expertise. I'm wearing the 264 bracers myself. Even with the threat tradeoff, the pieces aren't bad for having as standby survival gear for fights when threat isn't really an issue. I would suggest if you are going to go for a PVP item though, go for the max honor one.