Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Will we kill another Old God after Deathwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    C'thun--bronze
    Yoggy--blue
    Maelstrom--green
    Trisfal--black
    Darkshore--redBecause the watchers were what ultimatly kept yoggy in ulduar. Those specialized rooms weren't created by yoggy , they were made by the titans .:When the watchers were under the influence, yogg had the nessicary tools to escape. On top of malys death, it's amazing you were able to down it. That was probably the most powerfull state were ever going to fight a old god, reason why we had Titan help for the fight
    Thanyou for proving my point. Yogg corrupted loken, loken corrupted the rest and yogg starts to break out. aka loken broke yogg out. Yogg had broken out long before mally died. At level 78 u see his tentacles grab thorim.

If you have a link that connects yoggs release to mallys death i would love to see it.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Loken

everything in there implys loken's corruption happened a long time before we even showed up in northrend let alone killed an aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by goodchicken3
    So I have been reading posts around the forums saying that each dragonflight binds an Old God
    would this mean that when we kill Deathwing, we will have to kill another Old God, kind of like what happened with Malygos and Yogg-Saron?

/discuss
    No this theroy means when we kill an aspect an old god goes free. It also assumes that The bronze flight leader was the one connected to c thun......do you remember killing Norzdomu(sp)???? I dont.

if you know Blizzard you know they will put out more boss to kill to lvl Cap 100.

Well, we have killed few "old gods" already, burning legion demons, those "time keepers" (aka dragons of any kind), and also, afaik, few titans and ther creatures....so, yes, we will kill all at LOS who can rule our world :P gods, demons, titans - dost rly matter, we will kill em all to be only one who can canhge our world w/o our help

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

dragons that can be killed by 10/25 playable characters that aren't nearly as OP as 1 NPC, so to put a wimpy dragon in charge of an old god that corrupts people is a dumb concept.

Old Gods > stronger than everyone except SS2 Malfurion.

1 (old god) = 1 (titan) > (5 dragons)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyplay
    I have an idea for a new ability that Warlock could get in Cataclysm.

Upgrade/change Banish
    As you cast Banish on your enemy, the enemy will be bansihed to Twisting Nether where he/she would burn for eternity (just for few seconds).

Quote Originally Posted by imkitingulol
    dragons that can be killed by 10/25 playable characters that aren't nearly as OP as 1 NPC, so to put a wimpy dragon in charge of an old god that corrupts people is a dumb concept.

Old Gods > stronger than everyone except SS2 Malfurion.

1 (old god) = 1 (titan) > (5 dragons)
    I can see a few things wrong with your post...

1. We had the help of the red dragonflight for maly
    2. We are technically more OP than most NPCs, aside from lore heroes, because we are the heroes of Azeroth
    3. if 1 old god = 1 titan, it wouldn't have been as hard for the Pantheon to chain them. If an old god and titan were to go up against each other 1 on 1, the old god would most likely win
    4. Malygos was also insane, do you really think he had full control of his abilities and powers? I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Hauroch
    I can see a few things wrong with your post...

1. We had the help of the red dragonflight for maly
    2. We are technically more OP than most NPCs, aside from lore heroes, because we are the heroes of Azeroth
    3. if 1 old god = 1 titan, it wouldn't have been as hard for the Pantheon to chain them. If an old god and titan were to go up against each other 1 on 1, the old god would most likely win
    4. Malygos was also insane, do you really think he had full control of his abilities and powers? I don't think so
    Regarding point 4, Malygos had actually regained his sanity by the Nexus War.
    "The reign of a nation is infinite, where as the leader is finite."
    -The Commander

SPOILER bits from upcoming Lore

You guys know that we arent going to kill Ysera? and Nightmare in Emerald dream is under control the corruptor was sealed away or something cool like that :P

and so so We wont kill Ysera + who wants to kill if she is as hawt as her sister Alex... who would wanna go roflpwn her ???

and furion is coming back yey nightelves rejoice but Tyrande and furion is prolly going to honeymoon somewhere where there are old gods so we find where they are

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

we're gonna kill al akir so far i know dont know if he's a old god tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    we're gonna kill al akir so far i know dont know if he's a old god tho.
    No, he's an Elemental Lord, on the same level as Ragnaros (though the weakest of the four). We won't "kill" him, just as I don't think we "killed" any of the Old Gods. Rather, upon defeat he'll be banished to the Elemental Planes.

- Loken didn't free Yogg. Vordrassil, the world tree planted by the Druids in Northrend, grew so large it's roots penetrated Yoggs prison, that is why the tree became tainted and the Druids had to destroy it. The damage had been done and over the next few thousand years Yogg grew in strength and ended up corrupting those around him, namely Loken.

- Aside from Deathwing we will likely never fight another dragon Aspect. Remember, Neltharion succumbed to dark whisperings leading up to the events around the Sundering. So he was corrupted by an Old God. During that war he killed the entire blue dragonflight, leaving only Malygos who went insane because of it. The blue dragonflight was eventually restarted using some eggs found by a couple of time travelers but the damage was done and Malygos needed to die in the end.

The Aspects were created to protect the living and so far they have, at least Alexstrasza, Ysera, and Nozdormu have. Ysera happens to be off fighting the Emerald Nightmare and Nozdormu has rarely been seen across Azeroth. As far as I know the dragons weren't assigned to guard the Old gods at all, at least not a specific brood to a specific prison. Nozdormu lead the charge against C'thun because that is what his job is. He sits in his chamber of time until he is needed, then gathers his brood and fights. Then goes back to track the flow of time so all goes well. He knows where he will be needed to change events(again C'thun and not Yogg) and protect this world has he was assigned to do. I'd guess we will see him come Cata. Alexstrasza has lead the charge in Wrath because she was the only one able too, plus Arthas being the King of the undead and she is the Aspect of Life it was natural for her to oppose such a threat to this world. Also it's said Alexstrasza may be found in Cata defending Nordrassil(on Mount Hyjal) against Ragnaros who wants to see it burn.

- Going back to the topic I would imagine an old god will show up either at the end of Cata or the expansion after that. Given the fact that Deathwing is a major figure and already the star of the next expansion I don't think Blizz would upstage him by releasing an old god before him in 4.0. I think what will happen is this. Blizz has said Queen Azshara will be apart of the expansion(look at the Cata site and she is a central figure). Plus the plain that separates the elemental lords has broken so they will be loosed.

That will likely mean dealing with those lords first, then at some point the maelstrom spits out Azshara and she needs to be dealt with. Finally leaving Deathwing who is trying to reestablish his brood as the dominate force in the world. Uldum will be thrown in there like ToC was.

- While all this is going on there will be hints at a driving force behind all of this. Who turned Neltharion? Who saved Azshara? That will help usher in the next expansion which will deal with the Emerald Nightmare.

No one knows exactly what the Well of Eternity was. I think it was a way for an old god that was banished or thought dead to communicate with Azeroth. While the Sundering took place and Queen Azshara's palace was being pulled into the well, tentacles emerged from its waters and pulled the palace under. No one knows who created the Naga either but an old god is generally believed to be their creator. That same old god corrupted Xavius making him the Nightmare Lord in the Emerald Dream. There is a dark presence that has been trying to enter the Emerald Dream via the Nightmare, and I think it will be an old god and the future end boss of the 5.0 expansion.

i dont remember where but i heard taht deathwing and azshara or w/e her name is are/will be trying to summon sumone to azeroth a.k.a. the one who corrupted deathwing a.k.a. the one who saved azshara a.k.a. a old god
    probably will end up like the ICC patch
    <a href="http://wow.magelo.com/en/profile/1783919" target="_blank"></a>

I will say it once, and once only. (Spoilers about the emereld dream)

In the book Stormrage, it reveals that Xavius is behind the nightmare. In the end of the book, Xavius gets WTFPWNED and the nightmare (pretty much) is something of the past thats almost a war thats been won. The book reveals that there IS an old god somwere in Azshara, possibly towards the maelstrom. This is a perfect place for an Old God, Its in the perfect position to have corrupted Neltharion, the black dragon aspect, and also to create the sapient Naga race from the night elves lost in the maelstrom. Now logically, this to me sounds like THE god of old gods, i mean what have C'thun and Yoggy done in their potential release? C'thun got some bitches to serve him and pretty much ruin the suprise of his release, resulting in him not being released. Yoggy played it abit safer, he corrupted his watchers, which yes is very smart etc etc and was thought out, but not enough to bring about his "return".

So this old god in Azshara, not released in the world (as far as we know) and before even letting ANYBODY know about him being concious and working etc, he corrupts the emerald dream (via xavius), creates a whole new race of Naga during the well of eternity implosion, and on top of that, corrupted on the Great Dragon Aspects neltharion. This old god, i believe, will be very much so the hardest old god we will EVER face.

I agree that the old god who helped create Deathwing and the Naga will be the most powerful old god we have faced yet.

That doesn't mean C'thun and Yogg were beneath him though and the Nightmare God was their leader. C'thun was actually destroyed by the titans but was able to hold on to a bit of his power after it and over many years was able to come back, albeit very much weaker than he was before. Yogg was still imprisoned. The enchantments that helped weaken him were still in place which is why he was still locked inside his prison and unable to escape Ulduar.

Blizzard has a way of getting around the fact that a few dozen people with swords are no match for a creature that is called a god.

We've got ahem only one problem. We can't kill the Old God , we only can weaken it. Even the Titans were not able to kill them , they imprisoned the Gods because destruction of the Old Gods was going to cause the destruction of Azeroth.

Sorry for bad english, it's not my native language.

15+ Year Old Account

Where did everyone get the idea that the maestrom god corrupted deathwing? When he was getting whispers from him he was in grim batol, closer to trisfal than the maestrom. Trisfal and maestrom are different, while maestrom and emerald dream are the same. I don give a danm about Stormrage, xavius alone did not corrupt the dream, it was a old god and it's still there.
    The well of eternity was created by the titans to hold the old god under the sea, and when it blew up, that old god was able to communicate. Because I don't feel like repeating myself with a massive wall of text, it can all be found in my Well of Eternity thread I made a while ago.

well c thun is a big part of the expansion with the twighlight hammer and cho gall

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log
    well c thun is a big part of the expansion with the twighlight hammer and cho gall
    Tbh I dont think C'thun will come back so we can fight him again even if we only weakened him since you cant kill an old god.

If there will be a raid instance after Deathwing in the next expension it will only be a minor as Ruby Sanctum. Adding an old god after Deathwing will just change the expansion. By that means I dont think we will see a new old god untill the next expansion after Cata.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    I bank on us finding out alot about Nozdormu and possibly even kill him, hence releasing the next old god. The deathwing old god will likly be in the next expansion. We will then go to the Emerald dream, kill ysera, kill the old god/dream corruptor and move on to kill alexdsraza in the Crusade to Argus expansion, which will in-turn release the next old god, who opens a temporial rift to Argus.
    That's Yogg-Saron, I'm pretty sure it was confirmed to be him that corrupted Deathwing, will have to find the information to back up my statement mind you......
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.