Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sigil of the Hanged Man

Anyone else having issues getting this thing stacked 3 times and keeping it stacked? Seems like no matter what I do it falls off about 1-2 GCD's before I Death Strike again using the current Blood rotation.

Re: Sigil of the Hanged Man

Maybe because it isn't bis for blood?

Its bad for blood.

Semi upgrade for the other 2 on tank and spank fights.

when i use blood spec myself with this trinket i get the proc after my first 3 hs/ds

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    Maybe because it isn't bis for blood?

Its bad for blood.

Semi upgrade for the other 2 on tank and spank fights.
    I know its definitely not BiS, but I figured it would atleast be better for fights like Festergut, but I can't get it to stack.

Quote Originally Posted by Urass
    when i use blood spec myself with this trinket i get the proc after my first 3 hs/ds

Thats interesting considering it doesn't proc off HS.........

From my experience, the Sigil of the Hanged Man certainly is not BiS for blood. With most UH rotations, you get to use the attacks that trigger the effect alot more frequently. By the time the stacks are about to drop off, you will refresh them with yet another Scourge Strike. Blood rotations usually include about 2 death strikes at most ( bear in mind this is the rotations I've been going with ) and due to the slow speed of blood, this just isnt enough to keep the stacks up. I suggest using the Sigil of Virulence whenever you go blood. I just switch back and forth every time i change my specc. Hope that helped.

Sigil of the Hanged Man probably isn't worth taking until you've got everything else you'll want from Frost Emblems, even if you're Frost or Unholy. On static boss fights, it still has the ramp-up time and at the end of the day it's only a 19 STR increase over the triumph badge one. If there's even a slight amount of downtime or movement involved, the chance it'll drop off will make Virulence the winner.

use deathstrike priority
    with max 2 deathrunes and use death runes asap.
    when frost uh rune pop up instantly deathstrike wich has high priority.

also make sure blood runes are down constantly so your rotation suffers minimum delay as posible.

really tough blizzard should take a look at this sigil is intended to be working for blood asswell.
    remember they added deathstrike to sigil of virulence to 1 point.

my self i have minimum issues with this sigil.
    happends rarely to me that it falls off no reason unless i'm moving even a little.

i would still advice to get 4/5 t10 asap then cloak and other stuff you after get sigil of hanged man always last as blizzard failed on this sigil this time.

Quote Originally Posted by UhmHi
    From my experience, the Sigil of the Hanged Man certainly is not BiS for blood. With most UH rotations, you get to use the attacks that trigger the effect alot more frequently. By the time the stacks are about to drop off, you will refresh them with yet another Scourge Strike. Blood rotations usually include about 2 death strikes at most ( bear in mind this is the rotations I've been going with ) and due to the slow speed of blood, this just isnt enough to keep the stacks up. I suggest using the Sigil of Virulence whenever you go blood. I just switch back and forth every time i change my specc. Hope that helped.
    If you using 2 deathstrikes already in a row then you already doing it wrong.

having 4x death runes up and using all 4 death runes for 4x heartstrike kills your dps regardless off what sigil you use.
    as you un sync your runes bigtime this is cous it adds up like 5 sec delay between frost uh runes after.

Use the Sigil of Virulence for Blood DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0K3wL
    use deathstrike priority
    with max 2 deathrunes and use death runes asap.
    when frost uh rune pop up instantly deathstrike wich has high priority.

also make sure blood runes are down constantly so your rotation suffers minimum delay as posible.

really tough blizzard should take a look at this sigil is intended to be working for blood asswell.
    remember they added deathstrike to sigil of virulence to 1 point.

my self i have minimum issues with this sigil.
    happends rarely to me that it falls off no reason unless i'm moving even a little.

i would still advice to get 4/5 t10 asap then cloak and other stuff you after get sigil of hanged man always last as blizzard failed on this sigil this time.

If you using 2 deathstrikes already in a row then you already doing it wrong.

having 4x death runes up and using all 4 death runes for 4x heartstrike kills your dps regardless off what sigil you use.
    as you un sync your runes bigtime this is cous it adds up like 5 sec delay between frost uh runes after.
    I have all the pieces you listed. So what is the actual rotation then? I just use the "accepted" blood rotation that has worked and I've never been able to get this thing stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by sacredkhaos
    I have all the pieces you listed. So what is the actual rotation then? I just use the "accepted" blood rotation that has worked and I've never been able to get this thing stacked.
    It doesnt matter, he is wrong. What he is describing is a dps loss and the loss is much greater than the 19-40 strength you gain.

I just won't buy it then and just save my badges for saronite or something.

on ANY movement fight, Sigil of Virulence is BiS. For blood, Virulence might as well always be BiS. Getting 3x stack takes too long for it, and has too many opportunities to fall off.

On some fights, hanged man is better for frost and unholy, but It requires constant boss dps.

15+ Year Old Account

The current rotation for Blood doesn't allow the thing to stack to full. The duration is too short. We knew this when it was first shown, nothing has changed.

As it's been said, never better for Blood, rarely better for Frost/Unholy ( Although, I hear Awareness is still awsome for Frost )

if adapted my rotation actualy tough my rotation is so long and complex.
    its much simpler to just explain my priority's rather then writing down rotation.
    i dont even think i could write it down at all :P

maybe record it but thats it.

another thing tough to keep in mind just give up really spamming deathcoils their lesser dmg anyway.
    if got a gcd free press blood tap and hit 1 more heartstrike instead.

also if i have 2 death runes up used 1 and uh frost rune popped up i just deathstrike instead off popping my next heart strike first.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    Use the Sigil of Virulence for Blood DPS.
    This

It's terrible for Blood.
    BiS for Frost and Unholy, but terrible for Blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    Clothes are merely a setback!

Quote Originally Posted by Gulo
    It's terrible for Blood.
    BiS for Frost and Unholy, but terrible for Blood.
    BiS for unholy, awareness is BiS for frost

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Memm

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0K3wL
    if adapted my rotation actualy tough my rotation is so long and complex.
    its much simpler to just explain my priority's rather then writing down rotation.
    i dont even think i could write it down at all :P

maybe record it but thats it.

another thing tough to keep in mind just give up really spamming deathcoils their lesser dmg anyway.
    if got a gcd free press blood tap and hit 1 more heartstrike instead.

also if i have 2 death runes up used 1 and uh frost rune popped up i just deathstrike instead off popping my next heart strike first.
    Do you think adapting an rotation for +19str is really worth it? I dont.

Using the GoD blood rotation on tank and spank fights it is very easy to keep the stacks up but I still dont use it cause I dont like the feel of it but thats just me