Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: No dk in top 100. What happened to death knights?

Well this is good news, maybe this is it, Blizzard finally top balancing the game after 2vs2...

"oh, i saw the mind freeze animation" *moves slightly* "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

god i love that one bit of broken DKism more than anything else in the world ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    You must be fighting terrible death knights.
    Not really, grounding totem to counter deathgrip and earthbind grab to keep them still, wait till they blow trinket and strangulate and anti magic shield, heal through their diseases or dispel them, blow them up with a lava burst, chain lightning, frostshock or just kite them and wait for them to sac ghoul. Ele counters Dks pretty well.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

You must be fighting terrible death knights.
    Probably, yeah. But i haven't come across a single good one yet who actually went 1v1
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Also, I see 4 death knights in the top 100

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofmirrors
    Not really, grounding totem to counter deathgrip and earthbind grab to keep them still, wait till they blow trinket and strangulate and anti magic shield, heal through their diseases or dispel them, blow them up with a lava burst, chain lightning, frostshock or just kite them and wait for them to sac ghoul. Ele counters Dks pretty well.
    Because I'm going to let you grounding ANYTHING especially my deathgrip :

I think the dispel protection is movement in the right direction but still does nothing to change the fact that without an MS effect most healers *cough* druids *cough* will still just shrug off your damage.

Top 100 is a completely worthless list. If there's 100.000 players out there, 10.000 playing each class and DKs where a bit just 0,1% behind the others, how would the list look like? yes. You could not tell from a Top-100 list if someone is 0,1% or 80% behind.

Blizz once said "dont tell us buhuhu were so weak~, but tell us in which situations you feel weak."
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

The past is not the present.

A lot of people replying here seem to have trouble with this simple concept. Feel free to make a post called "DKs were imba back in season 5" if you want to discuss that but it is kind of irrelevent to any discussion about the current state of DKs.

top 100 is the worst way to mesure how good a class is.

Why? Cause Dks are balanced, but you cant get into top100 without a good 5v5, and dks isnt hunter, disc, hpala, shaman, rogue, lock or mage, so they cant do 5v5.

Just gimme back Degeneration so i can go stalk resto druids >.<

I actually agree with the OP, my DK might not have full wrathful yet, but sitting in full relentless with a IL 251 weapon and appropriate gear and gem choices I struggle to kill any equally geared healer. To the point it was downright impossible as unholy and more in the range of possibility as Blood(with good RNG)

As i've seen tho recently doing such this leaves you without the control an unholy brings.

But whens all said and done, i agree DK's heaven forbid Do need a buff

PS: As a priest i don't die to DK's Ever

Rather be terrible at PvP, than having a bunch of retards rolling my class and giving it a bad name.
    This.

I love my DK as it is now. Where's the fun when you know that not you but your class wins your games?

Quote Originally Posted by makominami
    I actually agree with the OP, my DK might not have full wrathful yet, but sitting in full relentless with a IL 251 weapon and appropriate gear and gem choices I struggle to kill any equally geared healer. To the point it was downright impossible as unholy and more in the range of possibility as Blood(with good RNG)

As i've seen tho recently doing such this leaves you without the control an unholy brings.

But whens all said and done, i agree DK's heaven forbid Do need a buff

PS: As a priest i don't die to DK's Ever
    Disc is hard brah.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    So, all the death knights that somehow managed to stay in the top 100 are now completely gone.
    Cant see any Enh Shamans, but I'm not making QQ posts about it :S

Quote Originally Posted by Segasik
    Cant see any Enh Shamans, but I'm not making QQ posts about it :S
    I'm rather stating a fact than QQing about DKs. I'm not even interested in the class anymore.
    Alas, it could be any class that is in that state, and at least there are shamans in the list. I dont see any sub rogues either btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

I just wish they would buff the DK's damn tanking survivability. But that's never going to happen as long as PvP is helping to fuck it up. As long as DKs are able to tank or dps with all three of their trees, getting survivability talents that don't become overpowered in PvP will be like pulling teeth.

In Cata they need to just make Frost their prot tree, take away some of the damage and up the threat so my tanking doesn't suffer because of people doing team duels in the small box you call arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Propain
    Disc is hard brah.
    Quite abit harder then playing dk.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeries
    Quite abit harder then playing dk.
    You are getting confused with the difference between complexity and difficulty. A disc priest may use more buttons than a DK in arena but the fact remains that it is much easier to attain a high arena rating with a disc priest than it is with a DK. That makes playing a disc priest easier even if it is more complex.

Even on that I don't buy that disc priest is harder to play. The only difficulty in being disc is you have to constantly switch your heal targets and be able to effectively heal 3 or 5 people. To succeed as a DK however you need to target switch as often if not more often than the disc priest does but you need to do this onto enemy targets which I would contend is much more difficult. In fact, I would contend that it is far easier to keep renew and PW:S up on 5 targets than it is to keep Chains of Ice up on three.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    To succeed as a DK however you need to target switch as often if not more often than the disc priest does but you need to do this onto enemy targets which I would contend is much more difficult.
    Plenty of addons will give you name plates for the other team. At that point you are in the same boat as the disc priest. You both have to worry about LoS and range of the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    Plenty of addons will give you name plates for the other team. At that point you are in the same boat as the disc priest. You both have to worry about LoS and range of the target.
    Even so, DKs are under stricter range-requirements than a priest would be