Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Best class for world pvp (while at the same time being good at farming)

I'm just getting back from a hiatus and was thinking of making a new toon. The choices are currently Feral Druid (Probably coupled with engineering), frostmage, affliction warlock or shadow priest.

How are these classes compared to others nowadays? I've been hearings lots of good about frostmages but not much about any of the others. I remember druids being fairly crap at 60 and priests melting faces.

tl;dr what class to choose for farming and world pvp?

also in before "Pick what you think is fun to play". I'll have fun with all of em, I just want to kill people while killing pixels on the side.

Re: Best class for world pvp (while at the same time being good at farming)

Frost mages have an insane amount of control abilities.

Frost mages are the ultimate class.
    A tauren warrior once told me "You may have won the battle but you haven't won the battle". It was only a small portion of the Horde's wisdom.

First i'd like to ask why this would be TL;DR :P. And second off I'd say it all comes down to what you enjoy the most. Frostmages today are really powerful due to their amazing CC and amazing damage they deal. As to world PvP it's totally dead, might depend from server to server though but at least on my server the last time I saw some pvp action was when peole grinded rep with Sons of Hodir. And that wasnt even a lot of world pvp. The closest you'll get to world pvp is through Wintergrasp which works a lot like Haal'a in Nagrand. But it's more like a battlegroudn that starts every 2 hours now... But as to best farming and most fun world pvp I would say rogue or druid. Rogues are in my opinion the most fun due to their stealth and craftyness. But the druid has heals and a lot of tricks, also they got their flight form to escape whenever feels fit. And I don't know if it works anymore but you could also specc boomkin and typhon people off their mounts when they are afk in the air for some laughs and giggles.

Affliction Warlocks are amazing in arena now, shadow priests are pretty good also and... Well lets face it, it all comes down to what you enjoy playing the most.. I think I've had my say in this and I can't really make the decision for you. But I would go for a druid or a rogue.

Hope this helped.

The good thing about druids, is the fact that they have flightform. Allowing you to instant 'mount up', making it extremly easy to hit and run. Just run out of combat and you're safe incase something goes wrong. Stealth is another addition to that ofcourse.

The other classes have more control (fear/sheep etc). The druid should have most survivability.

A lot of people would most likely disagree, but I had lots of fun doing this kind of stuff on my retribution paladin. But depending on who you meet, it might be good with a few trips to icc10/25 for a good weapon. Most likely my opinion i colored by the fact that I've played paladin since beta and despite all the ups and downs the class has been through, it's the one I enjoy playing the most.

If I have to stick with the classes you mentioned, I'd probably go with frost mage, purely because it's the class I have the most trouble killing as a ret paladin. Lots of CC, can remove curses, iceblock, deliver some mad burst and otherwise kite like no other, combined with fair survivability (mana shield/ice barrier/blink etc)

Just my 2 cents of course.

15+ Year Old Account

ret paladins

crusader aura 20% faster travel, and you rarely see anyone take on a pvp ret pally 1 on 1. worst case scenario watch them trinket repentence and then HoJ them, mine your node, and fly away :P

if you can't do that, theres always bubble hearth if you don't feel like GY running
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

Bad players are always going to deflect their failures onto someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa
    ret paladins

crusader aura 20% faster travel, and you rarely see anyone take on a pvp ret pally 1 on 1. worst case scenario watch them trinket repentence and then HoJ them, mine your node, and fly away :P

if you can't do that, theres always bubble hearth if you don't feel like GY running
    My resto sham never lost to a ret pally on 1v1.
    peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumlord
    peace.
    Bad paladins on your server then
    Only class I've had noticeable trouble killing is frost mage.

There is a class and spec combo that never needs to run away, never has to worry about being kited or snared etc. The thing can even heal itself. Nothing stands in world pvp like the way an affliction warlock does.

Quote Originally Posted by Alorn
    Bad paladins on your server then
    Only class I've had noticeable trouble killing is frost mage.
    Could also say bad Shamans on your server.

Deleted

Lots of good answers here. People seem to be leaning thowards frostmage and druid. For me the biggest draw with the druid would be the fact that I could do some emergency healing when playing with my friends, AND the fact that I could have it as a tank and have instant heroic queue. Mages on the other hand nets me with aoe and big numbers on top of immense control.

To the people suggesting paladin and such, plate is completely out of the way after spending all of TBC as a warrior/pally and with all my friends having plate mains.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Drumlord
    peace.
    how is that even relevant to what i just said.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

Bad players are always going to deflect their failures onto someone else.

Deleted

Druid or Paladin. Choose between 336% mount speed (372% with a 310% mount) or instant mounting. It totally depends on what your farming though, herbing/mining or mobs?

Paladin
    310% mount
    + crusader aura
    +aura mastery
    = win

I love my rogue, but that might be because i played it since vanilla. I can pick my targets and i have good chances to back away if the situation is bad(well here i must rely on a working vanish or else i'm done for, a side note to this: i don't get it why they blame lag for vanish, i can't remember in vanilla and even in bc to have such a high chance to fail on vanish)

Another fun class is hunter tbh, hard to master but add eng to the class and it will give u a nice experience.(also very good at farming but you will have some problems to retaliate while farming because, maybe only me, you will get a boring/robotic feeling that will cut your reflexes)

Keep one thing in mind though, if you chose a hybrid class (druid especially) you will start gathering gear for all your speccs and easily become very stuck ni the game since you will always have something to do. Just a heads up from me. "Omg I can tank, nah tanking is boring ill go kitty DPS.. mehh melee dps sucks ill go boomkin!! omg that was lame ill go healing, ohhh wait I can go feral arena!" and so on.. :P At least that's what happened to me and what happened to about 80% off the hybrids that I know of!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by omidmash
    rogues?
    I'd love to play a rogue, and deck it out with JC and engineering, but I'd miss being able to heal myself up, hence the feral druid option.

And guys paladin isnt an option, really isnt. My current main is a resto/ele sham though, and I'm looking to mix it up a bit.

Warlock definitely... Demonic circle just do wonders, the places you can put it up.... pfft, be creative. ( top of the pillars in the VoA room in Wintergrasp, you can either DoT them from there or jump down, dot them up, then Teleport leaving them WTF ! )

I believe best is Frost mage mate
    You can't use this while stunned.