how do you get your guild to raid more then 1+ day of icc 25 man per week

my guilds problem in the current has proven to be getting in the 2 days a week for 25 man icc progression because on the first day everyone signs up and less then half sign up for day to (or appear) were stuck at 7/12 because by end of day one abomination brothers and blood princes are all downed.
    . the dates are not the factor (tues,weds) because if lag happens everyone shows up Wednesday instead
    .guild leader has yet to attempt extend lockout because the first 7 bosses drop good gear

anyone have a recommendation as to how to get people to actually come for day 2
    edit
    if curious about raid times its 5:30-9:00 pm
    loot system is loot council (which in current wont put the people who are willing to work on progression ahead of those who are in the farming part

Re: how do you get your guild to raid more then 1+ day of icc 25 man per week

your raiders are clearly not motivated to progress... Get raiders who are.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

Can't say it any better than this.

Give a DKP to the people who show up, even when the raid is cancelled.

Sounds like a pretty casual raid guild, which most likely will remain casual. It's pretty tough to incent people who aren't serious about raiding to become serious. You can try prioritizing loot for the more reliable people, but that may have the side effect of causing the less serious to stop showing up altogether. TBH, if you're looking for a serious raid guild, you should join one. If you want a casual, sounds like you got it. In my experience, it's pretty tough to get casual raiders to show up 2-3 nights a week. I'm sure you've made some friendships, and developed some loyalty to the guild, but it may be time to move on if the raid aspect is important enough to you. Generally I've found that you have to seek out what you're looking for in a guild. Molding an existing guild into what you want rarely works.

my old guild had one cool thing
    on wednesdays you received 10 DKP each boss
    on any other days you received 50 DKP each boss

this kept the slackers from coming only on wednesdays and stealing loot from ppl who actually raid and want to progress
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586
    OH NOES !!!!! CASUALS GOT ALMOST THE SAME GEAR AS ME !!!!!! MY GEAR DOESN'T INCREASE THE SIZE OF MY PENIS ANYMORE !!!!! QQQQQQ

its really quite simple. leave

pointless post is pointless.

Sounds like a bunch of loot whores or lazies who don't like to work for their bling.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted

i need not read anything else but the topic to state that you should

find a new guild.
    if you have friends in your guild that arent slack jawed daffodils then take them with you and go on the hunt for a RAIDING guild
    your guild is not a raiding guild if they raid 1 day a week. im jus' sayin

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    Sounds like a bunch of loot whores or lazies who don't like to work for their bling.
    ^

as said by many, you got some really shitty raiders in your guild man. you'll be stuck at 7/12 in there till the buff reaches 15-20% or more unless you either start kicking people who refuse to show any other night than just after resets, or simply leave and find a better guild.

Quote Originally Posted by warlocked
    my guilds problem in the current has proven to be getting in the 2 days a week for 25 man icc progression because on the first day everyone signs up and less then half sign up for day to (or appear) were stuck at 7/12 because by end of day one abomination brothers and blood princes are all downed.
    . the dates are not the factor (tues,weds) because if lag happens everyone shows up Wednesday instead
    .guild leader has yet to attempt extend lockout because the first 7 bosses drop good gear

anyone have a recommendation as to how to get people to actually come for day 2
    edit
    if curious about raid times its 5:30-9:00 pm
    loot system is loot council (which in current wont put the people who are willing to work on progression ahead of those who are in the farming part
    My recommendation would be leave some loot on the table for day 2. If you go in and clear everything you know you can kill on day one the motivation to show up for day 2 is a lot lower. You are most likely going to fail a lot and may not even manage to kill anything. If you go straight to blood princes and then practice queen until you kill her or run out of time for the night you've still got loot from the abomination brothers to get the next day. This should give people more reason to go. Heck skip things you know you can kill entirely after the lower spire and head straight to the third wing even.

In our guild we rank players based on their attendance. People of "Raider" rank must make 80% of raids and get much higher priority on loot than members, apps, or socials. We -were- having issues with people showing up on progression nights, but we started giving higher points for attending progression days and now it's fixed.

My other suggestion is to defeat each wing boss, before starting the next wing. Instead of killing Fester/Rotface/Princes/Valitheria (whatever her name is), kill Festergut, Rotface, then use the rest of your night to work on Putricide. When you kill him, then you go kill rest of farm content. Next week, start with blood wing and get Queen down before the rest of your farm content. Same goes with Sindragosa. That way, you get a bit of progression on your first day of raiding, as well as keep easy bosses up to entice people to come back a second or third day.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Enforcing an attendance policy could help. My guild doesn't really have any issues but we still have a 50% attendance rule, which is pretty lenient. Those who fall below 50% are demoted to a lower rank and their spot is filled by a more dedicated replacement. If a member has irl issues, vacation, etc. they can just make a post on the guild forum to notify an officer and they won't lose their position.

Simple, dont declare which raid instance you're doing (although not really a big deal these days, who does Naxx anyways!) then when all the loot whores turn up to do easy ICC25 bosses say "we're going Naxx" that puts a spanner in their works!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Casualness as its best.

If they just want to have 1 raid/week to get some purples, just let them be and leave

Don't kill all the easy bosses. You have a full raid, go work on some new boss. Clearly you need to kill some of the easy ones, but to me there is no reason why you are killing Rotface/Festergut when you can work on Blood Queen.

in my experience, it's better to just punish the ppl on tuesday by doing all the new stuff, and do all the farm content on the last raid day of the week, then if they dont show up for the first night of the week, revert back

just keep it switched up so that they pretty much HAVE to show up both nights in order to make sure they get the easy bosses, worked for us waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when ppl would show up for BT but stop showing up for swp... we started doing swp first, then bt last day of the week, worked perfectly,

You kill 7 bosses so I'll asssume 1st wing + plague or maybe rot fester and princes or something.

So:

Day 1: 1st Wing + Progression bosses you can't kill yet

Day 2: All other bosses you farm kill + progression bosses.

Don't kill all farm list on 1st day.

Also give more dkp\ep for people to show up on nights where you cancel raids.