Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Haste as Discipline

Im ending alot of fights with around half mana so around 15k but it depends on the fight. Stuff like Deathbringer which are a near constant spam with 2 healers, I'm not sure how you're managing to last entire fights without any real mana regen.

Is it like 2 sets of gear for mana and healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Malania
    Im ending alot of fights with around half mana so around 15k but it depends on the fight. Stuff like Deathbringer which are a near constant spam with 2 healers, I'm not sure how you're managing to last entire fights without any real mana regen.

Is it like 2 sets of gear for mana and healing?
    Well... It's always worthwhile having a few pieces to swap around depending on whether you need more throughput or regen. I just haven't found much of an issue outside of LK. In normal 10-man Saurfang, I have no issues 2-healing it in regular 10-man w/ a holy pally, and it hasn't been a problem in heroic mode alongside a holy pally and resto druid.

But as to 'real' mana regen, well, most of it is from replenishment / rapture / SF-HoH, all of whose mana returns are based on your mana pool. The difference of 3k mana unbuffed between our gearsets adds up to a considerable amount. If I'm concerned over a fight, the most I'll usually adjust is switching from my crit/haste helm w/ ESD to the tier helm (crit/spirit) w/ IED.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

You need to keep in mind as well that your gearing up in a 25 man raid with other cloth casters who want that haste and haste/crit gear. Disc uses spellpower as our primary stat. Thus taking the crit sp high ilvl gear is better than taking haste haste/crit gear away from dps that benefit more from it. A good example are the bracers off rotface or the belt from Festergut. Crit belt which is not as good stat wise to the belt off marrowgar but noone wants it since haste > crit for all casters.

**Unfortunately our 4pc healing set stats suck...

You won't need regen.

So you'll skip pieces with spirit or mp5.

What's left? Items with Crit and Haste.

Haste may not be the best for everyone, but when you've to choose between it and regen, as Disc, you'll always want Haste.

stacking haste wouldn't be a bad idea. i say go more if you want. there are a lot of fights where you need those quick heals