Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Another ARP Thread. However, it's more to it!

Quote Originally Posted by B@nj0 P3do
    exacly. It ist worth it anymore, after the Arp nerf of 3,1
    So let me get this straight, if i have NES how much armor pen should i have? im abit old school, i normally gem for ALL agility +8, +10, +16, +20, +34. and now i have hunters telling me "Gem to 100% armor pen its max dps for MM hunters!". and i also seek advice from most of you top hunters, my gear and dps is not bad but i know i can put out more. so any private messages are welcomed.
    this is my hunters please criticize away i need it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Deadlysins

It shouldn't overvalue haste with the rotation test enabled.

Hardcapping ArP is max DPS potential for MM hunter.

Gemming when you have less than 800 on gear will result in a DPS loss. The sockets on your gear when gemmed with ArP do not become worth more than Agility until you can hit around about 1200 ArP. At this point you are ignoring enough of the bosses armor, to make up for the lost AP and Crit.

I always thought this was a fairly simple concept to grasp.

The numbers im quoting are variable and should just be used as general guidance

Quote Originally Posted by Deadliness
    So let me get this straight, if i have NES how much armor pen should i have? im abit old school, i normally gem for ALL agility +8, +10, +16, +20, +34. and now i have hunters telling me "Gem to 100% armor pen its max dps for MM hunters!". and i also seek advice from most of you top hunters, my gear and dps is not bad but i know i can put out more. so any private messages are welcomed.
    this is my hunters please criticize away i need it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Deadlysins
    Don't gem for arp if you can't hit the hardcap. If your unable to hit hardcap, then gem agility.

(hardcap beeing 1400)

Deleted

Such different advice being thrown around concerning ArP, look, when in doubt use the spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rindolor
    How do you decide if you want to gem for Agi or ArP? Well first of all, remember the basics: A ArP focused MMhunter will outperform an Agi gemmed hunter on high armor target fights with little movement (Think Festergut). An Agi-gemmed hunter will outperform an ArP gemmed hunter on low armor fights that require lots of movement (think Deathwhisper).
    Low armor fights? Raid bosses in Wotlk all have the same amount of armor. We're still talking about wotlk right?