first time shaman

hi guys i have just made a shamanand have no idea about what is the best lvling spec to go for what do you guys think?

thanx

Re: first time shaman

Depends on if you like melee combat or if casting is your thing. Speaking for myself I loved enhancement leveling and I love it at endgame but its entirely player preference. Both are good for leveling.

15+ Year Old Account

Enhancement is faster since there is a lot of downtime with Elemental, but the difference aint that big :P

Yeah, down to personal preference completely, if you can get BoA gear then I doubt the down time will be noticeable with Ele, especially if you got 2 trinkets, but Enhance is pretty fun and a lot more interesting in my opinion.

It really just depends if you want to throw boulders of lava and lightings or slice stuff with an axe and smash it with a hammer.
    Both specs rock at levelling, even though enhancement will be easier for beginners. (also your wolves help soloing elites much)
    You will put out large crits in both specs and stuff dies fast. Mana will be less of an issue as enhancement too (after level 20) because you are in melee anyway so your water shield gives constant mana back from being hit. As elemental it happens that mobs don't reach you to hit you before they die.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I leveled as elemental - and still am. I wouldnt say downtime is a problem at all. Or at least I dont remember it to be. Ofc you do have down time as a caster - but that goes for all casters. You can work around that rather easy tho. Dual-wield those Discerning Eye of the Beast and your down time is as good as gone. Ofc remember to keep that water shield up.

But as jswivel said - I guess its all a matter of taste, if your a spell caster at heart (like me) or if its all about melee DPS for you.

[EDIT] Arf - I guess I shouldnt press reply and then go pour me a cup of coffee. Dessan beat me to my point [/EDIT]

10+ Year Old Account

Spec for Resto and just go to random dungeons. It's as easy as that.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

I always leveled as enhancement however both should be good leveling specs. Depends on what you like most.