Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted

Re: Deathknight tanking is a fail or ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan
    Asking if my "gearscore" is good, implies that you know the deal with it.
    If you are wondering why it's in my signature, I like the way it looks. (the signature that is, couldn't care less about the gearscore part)
    then why the hell put it in your signature? show off much?....

who votes we turn this thread into casual conversation?

“He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Stop feeding it, dumbasses.
    Stop being the Trolltown Gatewatcher, jackass.

But seriously, DKs take like way more damage than equally geared Paladins/Warriors. or it could just be that the best DK tank in my guild has 54k hp buffed but has craptastic avoidance and therefore gets face pounded compared to my Paladin with 10k less hp that co-tanks with him in ICC10.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish
    who votes we turn this thread into casual conversation?

My DK that has been 80 for all of 10 hours played loves the casual free gear system. Taking all of one day to get a semi-decent tanking set rules!

Quote Originally Posted by conscript
    My DK that has been 80 for all of 10 hours played loves the casual free gear system. Taking all of one day to get a semi-decent tanking set rules!
    i dont think that's what i meant but 'casual' but i've been wrong before.....not usually on what i'm thinking, but shit happens
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account

But seriously, DKs take like way more damage than equally geared Paladins/Warriors. or it could just be that the best DK tank in my guild has 54k hp buffed but has craptastic avoidance and therefore gets face pounded compared to my Paladin with 10k less hp that co-tanks with him in ICC10.
    Blood DKs will take noticably more damage than other tanks, but they will also heal themselves for a noticable amount. A frost DK in a raid will take roughly equal damage to other tanks, unless he fails.

In the long run, the healing requirement on all tanks is usually within RNG level, assuming appropriate and similar gear.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Thetry
    Shoud dk even tank ? ???
    Yes, but not you.
    Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    yes, Blizzard hates Jesus Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    You need to leave the house to actually meet people, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan
    Asking if my "gearscore" is good, implies that you know the deal with it.
    If you are wondering why it's in my signature, I like the way it looks. (the signature that is, couldn't care less about the gearscore part)
    The mere fact that you typed it in means you care a lot about it. Are you this bad at lying IRL too? :-P
    Tripawd 80 Druid <Blood Faith> Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Pkite

To those stuck up people, if you want to feel special then find the cure for cancer. I heard no one got the achievement yet.

Stop being the Trolltown Gatewatcher, jackass.

The differences between tanking styles is what makes DK tanking so unique. Even with-in DK tanking styles you can differ between Blood, Frost, or Unholy. The main difference between Blood and Frost/Unholy (Yes I know Frost and Unholy are not the same style), is Blood has the higher EH and Frost/Unholy have a higher amount of Mitigation from Bone shield/UbA and Imp Frost.

Back to the OP, in heroics I've found that yes my DK will take more damage than my warrior tank from the lack of the block mechanic, but on boss fights it balances out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetry
    the point of this topic wast about shield tbh
    But as far i can see the dk tank take most dmg is there any good way to fix that like gem alot dodge or deff or shoud i just go and gem full stamina gem.
    One time i tanked old kingdoom and i pulled 2 grps of mobs they were around 10 mobs and after 5 sec i was dead and the healer blamed that i got 2 shooted. maby healer just said so becouse he didnt know how to heal, or i just took to mutch dmg.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ___
    I bet that was the pack just before the 1st boss which has 2 static packs and 1 roaming, each pack having the caster narubian in it which still hit for a SH*T load. and yes if your tanking 3 of there spells u are dead, AMS might save you on 2 hit from there nuke but, other tanks would die out right.

my dk is 50k before buffs and still they hit me to 30% if i take there spells with out AMS or interups.

Quote Originally Posted by Nektarious
    The differences between tanking styles is what makes DK tanking so unique. Even with-in DK tanking styles you can differ between Blood, Frost, or Unholy. The main difference between Blood and Frost/Unholy (Yes I know Frost and Unholy are not the same style), is Blood has the higher EH and Frost/Unholy have a higher amount of Mitigation from Bone shield/UbA and Imp Frost.

Back to the OP, in heroics I've found that yes my DK will take more damage than my warrior tank from the lack of the block mechanic, but on boss fights it balances out.
    EH actually runs about the same between blood and frost, it's just frost is more the armor/DR side and blood is more health. Healing by way of healers should run about the same, though, as blood heals back far more of its damage taken than frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nektarious

if you are taking more dmg than warriors on trash than you should be more liberal with cooldowns. they have short cooldowns for a good reason my good man
    well unless you are blood. in which case you suck up more damage, but you also heal a lot back yourself

I find DK tanking is more fun and manly since you block with your face instead of a shield. More Chuck Norrisy imo. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by mofi
    then why the hell put it in your signature? show off much?....
    Hmmm, what's there to show off?
    If I log on my server, I can find at least 10 people with higher gearscore in Dalaran.

1) DK tanks are not fail. L2Use CDs. You can practically use the every other pull.
    2) Fail player make a fail class. Thats how great players took Ret to a great lvl in TBC.
    3) Gearscore Addon has actually improved. If your on a server (like US-Proudmoore) were 20 ICC pugs are being ran at the same time, its good to see the gear level in your chat window and the be able to (in game) check their progression. Alt Tab to Pugchecker.com or to Armory them. But like the GS note saids "THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE PLAYER IS COMPETENT" or is "AN ALT CHARACTER"
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

the no shield argument is stupid.. sorry but in frost presence we have roughly just as much,(i have 29k armor on my dk) as a tank with a shield have and unbuffed im at 29% dodge and 21% parry and i dont feel like im taking excessive dmg compared to other tanks^^

I have no problem tanking anything in the game... except the damn black balls on Blood Princes... stupid balls...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    All you're really going to gain is a slightly higher rank on world of logs, which is fine if that's what you're into. You know what I'm into? AFKing in dalaran while hot bitties swoon around me and my good looks.

What's that? It's a bird!, no, it's a plane!, no, it's Kumduh on his flying moderator motorcycle of banhammerness to use his powers to save the day and lock the thread while making a giant run on sentence! Huzzah!

o, and the OP is getting a ban because he has about 10 topics just like this one created throughout the other class forums.

/locked