Leveling as enhancement, few questions concerning heirlooms?

I'm starting a new shaman, and will be soloing as enhancement and doing dungeons as restoration. I just have a few questions about which heirlooms/enchants i should use while soloing.

1. From 1-40, before dual wield, should I put 25 agility or crusader, or hell, even a 20 haste counterweight on my heirloom 2hander?

2. from 40 onward, what enchant combo should i go with for my weapons? Crusader/Crusader, 15 agil/15 agil, or Crusader/15 agil?

Also, this is less important, I can figure which I want to use by swapping them out since i have 2 of each, but would 2 haste trinkets or 1 haste/1 spell power for better efficiency(2% health and 2% per kill) be the better trinket combination?

edit: Not even a "yes?"

Deleted

Re: Leveling as enhancement, few questions concerning heirlooms?

i have a lvl 57 shaman (armory in my signature) and he has double crusader and double HP return trinket. it is great for leveling. if you kill mobs a bit lower level, you never have to heal.

before lvl 40 (DW level), crusader is also best.

and haste trinkets are terrific, they consistently give enough haste to reduce your astral recall spell to 9.64 second cast. you don't need SP trinkets for enh.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    i have a lvl 57 shaman (armory in my signature) and he has double crusader and double HP return trinket. it is great for leveling. if you kill mobs a bit lower level, you never have to heal.

and haste trinkets are terrific, they consistently give enough haste to reduce your astral recall spell to 9.64 second cast. you don't need SP trinkets for enh.
    Cool, ty.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall

I'm going to argue a bit here. 25 agility to weapon is far more attack power on average than crusader. The heal on crusader is great, but depending what heirloom 2h weapon you use the ppm could be great or it could be terrible, and as you level it will mean less and less. At very low levels the haste counterweight will be your best enchant, it will be overtaken eventually though I just cannot say when. An extra perk to the counterweight is that haste rating will make your spells cast faster, heals, astral, lightning bolt etc. If you level like I did and pull with LB you will probably fall in love with it combined with 2x swift hand trinkets. I would expect that to be about 30% haste in the first 10 levels, probably stopping around 15% by level 40.

I leveled a druid with crusader on the mace, with the 1.0 swing speed of cat I really regret not going for agi, I'm leveling a warrior with the axe and crusader, it feels like it's up all the time. The main reason my warrior feels like this is because all my attacks are considered weapon attacks, unlike a shaman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    I'm going to argue a bit here. 25 agility to weapon is far more attack power on average than crusader. The heal on crusader is great, but depending what heirloom 2h weapon you use the ppm could be great or it could be terrible, and as you level it will mean less and less. At very low levels the haste counterweight will be your best enchant, it will be overtaken eventually though I just cannot say when. An extra perk to the counterweight is that haste rating will make your spells cast faster, heals, astral, lightning bolt etc. If you level like I did and pull with LB you will probably fall in love with it combined with 2x swift hand trinkets. I would expect that to be about 30% haste in the first 10 levels, probably stopping around 15% by level 40.

I leveled a druid with crusader on the mace, with the 1.0 swing speed of cat I really regret not going for agi, I'm leveling a warrior with the axe and crusader, it feels like it's up all the time. The main reason my warrior feels like this is because all my attacks are considered weapon attacks, unlike a shaman.
    I'm using the 2.9 speed mace..do you think it would be best if i went 20 haste on the 2h, and then dual crusader after 40? After that I'll be attacking more often, the weapons will be 2.8 speed each, and ill have stormstrike, and soon enough, lava lash.

Edit: Also, can i put 30 stam and 15 resilience shoulder enchant on the heirloom shoulders? I thought i saw it on this page - http://www.wowwiki.com/Heirloom at the bottom, where it gives a list of enchants to put on heirlooms, but i dont see it anymore. I thought it said something about the enchant not becoming active before 70. Does this mean the enchant will just be red and while wearing the shoulders i wont get that bonus stam and resil until 70, or does it mean i wont be able to equip the shoulders until 70 if I put that enchant on it?

2xHaste also because you get enough mana from water shield. Mana is never an issue once you reach level 20 (except you heal *really* much inbetween).
    Can't say anything about the weapon, just wanted to advice not going for lower leveled mobs then necessary. "Your Level" to "Your Level + 2" at best. More exp and if they really have the time to make damage to you, you can just heal yourself. No need to go for weak mobs.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Imreallybadwithnames
    I'm using the 2.9 speed mace..do you think it would be best if i went 20 haste on the 2h, and then dual crusader after 40? After that I'll be attacking more often, the weapons will be 2.8 speed each, and ill have stormstrike, and soon enough, lava lash.
    Yep that is exactly what I would do in your case. By the time you get to 30ish when the haste enchant starts to become less OP (make no mistake the haste enchant is OP for the first 10-15 levels) the 25 agility or crusader enchants would be nearly useless. I'm assuming you also have the BoA chest and shoulders so you'll have lots of AP and the 100 you get from crusader or the 25 from the agi enchant won't really be all that much.

Edit: Also, can i put 30 stam and 15 resilience shoulder enchant on the heirloom shoulders? I thought i saw it on this page - http://www.wowwiki.com/Heirloom at the bottom, where it gives a list of enchants to put on heirlooms, but i dont see it anymore. I thought it said something about the enchant not becoming active before 70. Does this mean the enchant will just be red and while wearing the shoulders i wont get that bonus stam and resil until 70, or does it mean i wont be able to equip the shoulders until 70 if I put that enchant on it?
    I believe the rule is that this enchant can no longer be applied to BoA shoulders. I think people who managed to get it on their shoulders can keep it on their shoulders but it doesn't activate until level 70. They messed around with shoulder enchants because twinks were abusing Zandalar and PvP enchants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    2xHaste also because you get enough mana from water shield. Mana is never an issue once you reach level 20 (except you heal *really* much inbetween).
    Can't say anything about the weapon, just wanted to advice not going for lower leveled mobs then necessary. "Your Level" to "Your Level + 2" at best. More exp and if they really have the time to make damage to you, you can just heal yourself. No need to go for weak mobs.
    The haste enchant is 2h weapon only.

Mass grinding of mobs 1-2 levels lower than yourself is by far the best way to mass grind. The loss of experience is negligible compared to the additional damage you put out when your attacks don't glance and your spells aren't subject to partial resist. That said I like a challenge so I usually try to tackle quests way above me and mobs that are massively above me. I think my record is probably when my warrior chain pulled several mobs level+6 in STV. At that point it feels like every hit you put out glances and every hit you take is a crushing blow.
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

The haste enchant is 2h weapon only.
    I think he's talking about the trinkets.

I think he's talking about the trinkets.
    My bad.

Anyway, thanks everybody for the suggestions. I think I'm going to go with 20 haste rating until 40 and then pick up crusader/crusader, and I'll stick with 2x haste trinket.

Went with crusader on the 2hd mace w/ heirloom chest, shoulders, and trinket (only 1 atm) and laughed my way to 40. At 40, I picked up dual 1hd maces and put +15 enchant on both w/WF on 1 and FT on the offhand (even though you're really supposed to go dual WF, according to most).... again... laughing my way through levels atm.

I rolled my first Sham in vanilla WoW. I levelled 1-60 as Resto... solo + instances. I'm not an 80 enhancement on my main and decided that I wanted another Sham... another server. I did the smart thing and am levelling enhancement this time around. It's a lot of fun (PVE).

I'm now going to have to pick up another haste trinket... you really have me wondering how big of a diff this makes!

necroing my own thread to ask another question! :-X

I have plenty of time to farm up emblems, my shammy is just sittin in an inn right now gathering rested xp and I'd prefer to level him with a friend whose not always on. Anyway, I got everything I need for him except his dual wield weps for 40, been rockin out with my repurposed lava dredger w/ iron counterweight, but I wanted to know, should I use a bloodied arcanite reaper from 30-39? Some people say it's better at that level because of windfury. Also, if I do go that route, what enchant should I put on it? At 30 should I just go with 25 agility, crusader, or should i stick another 20 haste counterweight on that sucker? My haste topped out at like 87% at level 10(was in the 70's at level 1, then kept going up as my trinkets scaled, until 11 where haste apparently starts costing more rating to get the same effect), at level 11 it went down to ~55%, and now at 12 it's like ~44%, so I dunno if a haste counterweight will be worth it at level 30.

Oh, also, its not a hassle to get the axe because I'm gonna need it for my lvl 71 Paladin when I decide to level him, so I won't be wasting emblems for 10 short levels. Money isn't a concern either, I'm fine with switching out the enchants.

necroing my own thread to ask another question! :-X

I have plenty of time to farm up emblems, my shammy is just sittin in an inn right now gathering rested xp and I'd prefer to level him with a friend whose not always on. Anyway, I got everything I need for him except his dual wield weps for 40, been rockin out with my repurposed lava dredger w/ iron counterweight, but I wanted to know, should I use a bloodied arcanite reaper from 30-39? Some people say it's better at that level because of windfury. Also, if I do go that route, what enchant should I put on it? At 30 should I just go with 25 agility, crusader, or should i stick another 20 haste counterweight on that sucker? My haste topped out at like 87% at level 10(was in the 70's at level 1, then kept going up as my trinkets scaled, until 11 where haste apparently starts costing more rating to get the same effect), at level 11 it went down to ~55%, and now at 12 it's like ~44%, so I dunno if a haste counterweight will be worth it at level 30.

Oh, also, its not a hassle to get the axe because I'm gonna need it for my lvl 71 Paladin when I decide to level him, so I won't be wasting emblems for 10 short levels. Money isn't a concern either, I'm fine with switching out the enchants.
    Since you're planning to level a paladin go for it on the axe. While the stats on the axe are inferior to the mace the stats matter a lot less than the massive difference in weapon damage. The only thing I can see as a potential problem is that you might be wasting a lot of damage overkilling mobs when windfury procs, but given the situation you described I'd say its worth the gamble just for the fun factor. As far as enchants goes crusader is still not going to proc all that often but 100 ap should still be noticable at that level. Honestly this level range would be where I suspect all the weapon enchants to be roughly equivalent, more flavor than anything else. If I had to guess I would say that Agility might be the better one, but not by much.

Since you're planning to level a paladin go for it on the axe. While the stats on the axe are inferior to the mace the stats matter a lot less than the massive difference in weapon damage. The only thing I can see as a potential problem is that you might be wasting a lot of damage overkilling mobs when windfury procs, but given the situation you described I'd say its worth the gamble just for the fun factor. As far as enchants goes crusader is still not going to proc all that often but 100 ap should still be noticable at that level. Honestly this level range would be where I suspect all the weapon enchants to be roughly equivalent, more flavor than anything else. If I had to guess I would say that Agility might be the better one, but not by much.
    Thanks for the input, sounds good.