Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

1200g/hour Selling JC items to Vendor for Profit

I know it has been documented a couple times in the guides section (which is now gone) and this is just another variation of the saronite shuffle but I thought I'd post a <a href="http://www.wowconfidential.com/profe...rofit/">little case study</a> I did the other day.

Quick summary of the method

Buy up green gems - chalcedony, sun crystal, huge citrine, bloodstone for 1g each from AH
    Buy eternal earths and crystallized earth for under 50s each (eternal earth = 5g each)

Craft these items into:
    Bloodstone Band – Bloodstone
    Crystal Chalcedony Amulet – Chalcedony
    Crystal Citrine Necklace – Huge Citrine
    Sun Rock Ring – Sun Crystal

They all sell for 3g 14s 78s each to vendor, and if you can make your total cost under what I posted above (2g each) you'll be getting 1g14s78c profit per craft, 5sec to craft each = 720 made in an hour = 826g/hour

I have been fortunate on my server to get eternal earths for 2g each = 0.2s or 0.4s bringing my total cost to 1.4g each = 1,258g/hour profit

Greatest thing about this gold making method is that it's instant profit and can be done while completely afk.

You can read my case study on <a href="http://www.wowconfidential.com/profe...ofit/">selling jewelcrafting items to vendor for profit</a> here where I posted some additional information like macros to sell to vendor in bulk, automailing these items to your alt to Disenchant etc..

I know DEing these items would probably yield higher profit but I don't have an enchanter atm and this can be done by jewelcrafters alone.
    Current Gold Total - 297,624g (April 19, 2010)
    Daily WoW Gold Making Articles On My Blog - www.WoWConfidential.com

Re: 1200g/hour Selling JC items to Vendor for Profit

Too bad these uncut green quality gems go for at least 6g each on my server

Welcome to 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Grundy
    Too bad these uncut green quality gems go for at least 6g each on my server
    Same, some like red and blue even more...

Quote Originally Posted by Kraklin
    Buy up green gems - chalcedony, ... for 1g each from AH
    That's where I stopped reading.
    Casual Vs. Hardcore?
    It's a false dichotomy, premised on a noobish attempt at a dialectic argument, whereby people can vent their various prejudices by creating what's known as a "straw man" against which to contrast their theoretically superior moral character.

To get any meaningful g/hour estimate you have to factor in the time it took you to find, buy and loot the items from mail. However, g/hour is kind of pointless value since this scheme is limited by the availability of materials and not by time.

doesn't work atm on my server, prices have gone up too much :o I did for about an hour and it yielded me about 120gold (prices aren't that great atm as I said).

I check daily the AH for decent prices though in case something slips by. (Managed to get the holydin ICC belt for 2k and sold it for 2 Primordial Saronites (sell for 2k on my server).
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

green gems for 1g? Wait...then a stack of cobalt ore costs 8g on your server? Where do I have to transfer to? (even if it costs 16g, your economy is pretty f*d up and you're better of being a blacksmith)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    green gems for 1g? Wait...then a stack of cobalt ore costs 8g on your server? Where do I have to transfer to?
    I'm not tellin, you'd be stealing mah profits

Current Gold Total - 297,624g (April 19, 2010)
    Daily WoW Gold Making Articles On My Blog - www.WoWConfidential.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kraklin
    I'm not tellin, you'd be stealing mah profits

Nah keep your green gems I'm interested in your cobalt ore prices.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Yes this is funny - i've been doing this for the past couple of weeks (although i could do with those auto selling macros - i'll go look it up).

Red, Orange and Yellow gems are <1g, but blue are 6g+. Eternal earth strangely ranges from <5g to >15g (and it is strange as is not 'seasonality' based).

However enchant mats are an all time low. Dream shards are <4g, infinte dust 16g per stack. Saronite ore has crept up from 14g per stack (=massive profit) to 20g per stack (=loss).

Dont have a BS so cant take advantage of cobolt ore.

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

associate with a BS buddy and share profit
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

exactly for my server all green gems are 12g+ chalcedony are 15g+ per

illusion dust is still 40g a stack on my server, so the 2-3 dust (and chance at ess) is better then vendor price (atleast for me.

Thanks for the guide!

Another vendor profit idea is to sell forest emeralds after they are cut. On my server an uncut forest emerald is nearly worthless and sells for around 1-2G, whereas the cut version sells for 4g 50s to a vendor. Give that a try.

didn't think of that one, thanks for the head's up !

Azharok - Dalaran EU

I didn't think of this before. This actually works for me because I have a ton of those gems and eternal earth in my bank that i was just keeping for no particular reason that now i can sell and buy the Primordial Saronite.

Thanks.

Deleted

Hmm I used to do these items for disenchanting but since ench mats prices dropped (Abyssal shatter, change so you get more dusts/essences and DE option in dungeons) I stopped, never really thought of vendoring those. Well all green gems I could find on our AH for the required price (1g>) are 10 stacks, not much profit there, but more might come over the weekend.

Ok, so I just tested this method on 103 Sun Crystal / Huge Citrine crafts, results :
    - took me ~10-15 min
    - the mats cost me an average of 1g34s17c (that is 3.9g per ETERNAL earth, 50-70s per gem)
    - for my 103 crafts, I have a net gain of 186 gold

I'm quite happy with this method, however :
    - the 1.2k gold/hour does not account for the time you spend buying mats (on my server, there were no 20 gem stacks, bought 103 gems 1 by 1)
    - it is boring
    - on my server, 103 gems was all that was on the AH, if I consider it being "constant" and refreshing everyday that's still 190 gold per day for doing nothing

Conclusion : it's nice, but a bit time consuming (and brain consuming... "should I buy these 20 earths @ 78g or buy these 7 @ 13g + 6 @ 12g50 + 7 @ 2g a piece ?" you know what I mean).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

I was gonna try this, until I saw that Doomhammer prices are stupidly high. 8g per gem, 15g per eternal -.-