Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: All rogues open ticket!

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...08205229&sid=1

8. “Impossible” simultaneous actions.
    Examples: Rogue Vanish being broken by attacks, Two mages polymorphing each other, Paladin Divine Shield being dispelled as it is cast.
    Because of the Client-Server nature of the game it is possible for two mutually exclusive actions to occur at the same time resulting in some unexpected behavior. Although efforts are made to minimize these situations they will still happen on occasion.

Also, are you stupid enough to think that the developers are the ones answering tickets? You send a ticket to a Game Master, they say "thanks", they close your ticket. Nothing else happens. Because they already know. And they don't need you to point it out to them.

Unless you feel like building a new internet with absolutely no latency and giving it to Blizzard to fix vanish, get over it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

i have played a rogue so long and so much, i noticed the failing of vanishes with or without CoS immediately after a series of sub-spec nerfs in 2008 going into fall. i started asking about it in trade chat, many said no issues, use CoS. imo.....CoS should only be used for what it is intended. overtime i started seeing more rogues also asking in trade chat....what happened to vanish and would laugh

i did GM tickets....3 different ones, detailing what happened, etc. each time was told "working as intended" and a lot of denial. Blizz censored and deleted many wow forum posts concerning the issue. it took over one year before they officially admitted vanish has issues and came up with a fix, that they reverted leaving vanish still unreliable not working as: intended, stated and still broken

i copied player to PTR on the supposed fix....still failed. did a PTR GM ticket detailing how i vanished was out of combat then reaquired by a level 18 mob along with what occurred. was told they are aware of the issues, they have issues within the game code that still requires research and modifications.

one of the most aggravating examples was in shattered halls in a group in 2008 after wotlk release. we where in shattered halls....tank pulled too much aggro. tank/healer died. i hit sprint then vanish no DoT's popped out with no one on me yet, mobs were coming, still showed in combat hit CoS and second vanish showed removed from combat. mobs ran thru a hunter that shadow melded.....found and killed me, ran back thru the hunter and reset. i have had other times in similar situations where vanish worked....but rare

Quote Originally Posted by Jibaro

I think that if i would accept your statement as per taking the skills away all together, then we might think they might take the whole class away? No way.

If doing what you suggest is to sit back and enjoy or simply accept it will never be fix and learn to live with it, no way.
    We need to speak up and let one/many be heard. If not it will sit in the back burner for ever, simply left to get fixed when we get to it, because no one cares.
    Vanish wouldn't be the first skill that was removed from the game for not working as intended.

If I'm not mistaken mages lost invisibillity and later got it back working differently. heroic leap was not brought to live servers because it could be abused in several ways. There are several other skills that have been on test-servers but later got pulled or reworked.

Yes - Vanish would be a special case since it's been on live for so long. Still if rogues start a sabotage campaign against the ticket system spamming tickets about a skill that Blizz have already admitted that they know it is not working properly, have tried to explain why and have even tested a couple of fixes for without success you might push them to say that "Fine. It's not broken. It's gone. Since it 'never' works you won't miss it!"

What would be even more funny is that they could actually do that in response to ROGUE QQ - not everyone else whining about it being OP...

Edit: Just remebered - rogues themselves already lost "swirly ball" (Detect traps) way back in the dawn of times.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon

Examples: Rogue Vanish being broken by attacks, Two mages polymorphing each other, Paladin Divine Shield being dispelled as it is cast.
    Because of the Client-Server nature of the game it is possible for two mutually exclusive actions to occur at the same time resulting in some unexpected behavior. Although efforts are made to minimize these situations they will still happen on occasion.

Also, are you stupid enough to think that the developers are the ones answering tickets? You send a ticket to a Game Master, they say "thanks", they close your ticket. Nothing else happens. Because they already know. And they don't need you to point it out to them.

Unless you feel like building a new internet with absolutely no latency and giving it to Blizzard to fix vanish, get over it.

Mages polymorphing eachother is a neutral spell, so neither one of them are taking damage and it's not effecting anyone. If a rogues vanish breaks it's game over. Diveine storm has been fixed. Nice try though.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity..and I'm not sure about the the universe." -Albert Einstein

----------------CLICK SIGNATURE FOR ARMORY----------------

Ticket doesnt make miracles, they are already working on it.

15+ Year Old Account

My vanish is working as intended. It serves its purpose. Dont go changing it for if it wont help both parties.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wooshiewoo
    Making yourself immune to anything a boss can do to you is OP. It trivialises the encounters for rogues with half a brain.

Anyone with a really good brain on them would take a few days before they find out how to exploit the immunity to the extreme.
    Except for the part where it already does this without the .5s buff discussed. I vanish big abilities all the time. Vanishing Big Bang on Algalon's "enrage" gave us a few kills back when Algalon was serious business. Vanishing tear gas is great for if you accidentally push with a slime up on PP. Vanishing Rotface ooze explosions makes for a sweet dps increase. Vanishing pungent blight is amazing if you're too lazy to grab spores. Vanishing sind's blistering cold is cool if you need it.

ya... evasion, cloak, vanish immunity, prep. do it again... not op.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon

This is pretty much it, Blizzard know about the problem, and if it was an easy fix it would have been done with years ago, but it isn't.

Instead of getting a group of people to spam blizzard reminding them of a problem they know quite well off,
    put on your thinking cap and try to figure out some way of making vanish work without making it ridiculously
    overpowered.

Locking thread.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."