Poll: Do you like the idea of 40 man hardmodes in cata?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Make 40 man hardmodes too in cata?

All the people complaining about people going afk, too hard to fill the raid etc., you are all people who failed at vanilla. Any good guild didnt have any of those problems, and failers were replaced or just kicked from the guild.

10+ Year Old Account

I would LOVE to see 40mans come back.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

15+ Year Old Account

That's a 50 DKP MINUS!

Oh, and currently I have my doubts on wether the already often laggy servers would perform with cross calculations between mobs & 40 simultaneous players, intead of mobs & 25...

Wintergrasp is a nice example of what it means to try and fit 6x40 bees in a hive for 4x40...
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

So guilds would need to recruit and gear an extra 15 people, plus cover for abscences etc, for no reason other than a 'few' 40 man bosses? why would anyone want that?

We all know how hard the transition can be for guilds from 10 man to 25 man (how many guilds died in TBC between Prince and Gruul?) and I'm delighted they alleviated that problem in part in Wrath (provision of continuous 10 man content for those guilds moving towards 25). If we then add 40 man as another tier, it's going to leave guild structures shot to pieces.

Armory Link
    Life's like a salmon swimming upstream - Hard work, and sometimes you get eaten by bears.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    I could see one for nostalgia reasons but I'm glad they took them out. Getting people was hard as it was, getting 40 COMPETENT people was much harder.
    getting 25 competent is already a pain.. :'(
    10 is slightly less.. but still painful

Quote Originally Posted by Imbashiethz
    All the people complaining about people going afk, too hard to fill the raid etc., you are all people who failed at vanilla. Any good guild didnt have any of those problems, and failers were replaced or just kicked from the guild.
    You mean to say the top guild on every server didn't have problems with raiding in vanilla. The rest of the guilds had those problems. Most of the servers I have looked upon had only 1 guild raiding naxx40 and couple of them in AQ40, rest were in a bad spot with people always jumping to better guilds asap they got decent gear. That was a huge problem for guilds and was much bigger then it is now or how it was in tbc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Most 25 man guilds have to run a tight ship just to keep 25 people on schedule. Hell, even putting together a 25man PUG is a nightmare half of the time. Dealing with 40 people is just that much more difficult. It was hard to do in Vanilla and it would be hard to do now. It'll never happen, but if by some chance they implemented a 40man raid it would must likely be an Ony/OS encounter not tied to tier progression.