Thread: Balance help

Balance help

Hello new here so be nice

Alright well I got enough frost emblems today to get the hands(http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50822) for my four piece set. The thing is I'm already grossly over hit cap and this will put me even further over hit cap. If I didn't get the hands I could get the belt(http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50994) which would help put me a little less over hit cap. Also getting the hands would break my two piece T9.

Just wondering if the 4 piece T10 is worth being so over hit cap and breaking 2 piece t9? Or should I go with the belt and try to cut some more hit somewhere?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Belldarkmoon

Deleted

Re: Balance help

Upgrade your chest, hmm?

Also, when you are above 315 hit, you can safely remove a point from Balance of Power. Use it somewhere else for a minor boost.

I would agree with Qieth when it comes to getting rid of unnecessary hit. However, your tree seems pretty filled up; the extra point may not have a place to go.

In my personal opinion, I'd say get the Frost hands (breaking your T9 2-piece). The 4-piece bonus is much more dps in the long run. If you still have too much hit, I'd recommend getting one of the two Frost cloaks for casters, either http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50468 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50469, since neither of them have any hit at all.

Xarantaur, Guardian of Cenarius (Archimonde)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Xarantaur

Ah! Thank you both so much...completely forgot about the emblem hands! I very much appreciate the help.

Deleted

In either spec, he can actually put plenty of points around. There is no reason to have points wasted in Balance of Power if he doesn't need the extra hit, and he has 1 or 2 points in Intensity depending on his spec - at this point he can probably live without. That gives him at least 2 points in Owlkin Frenzy, or 3 if he doesn't want typhoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    That gives him at least 2 points in Owlkin Frenzy, or 3 if he doesn't want typhoon.
    I've heard mixed reviews of how much Owlkin Frenzy actually procs, especially in ICC. As someone who's obviously still learning, could you clear this up for me? Thanks

Seeing as you have the 245 T9, I'd personally stick with that until you can get the 264 tier 10. For me it's working out as a very small upgrade going from 2 T9/10 to 4 T10 (245-251). The badge belt is a nice place to drop hit, and I'll second dropping points in Balance of Power. By the way, you can get the 264 tier hands and legs from VoA 25, so you might want to hold off spending badges on the gloves.

Owlkin Frenzy however... I've read the same mixed reviews and I have to say, the best way is just to put a couple of points in and see for yourself. Pay attention to (or find an add-on to track it), when it procs, what procs it, and if you get a chance to use the proc. For example Vile Gas on Festergut procs it, but you never get to use the proc because you're busy puking. :P

I have one point in Owlkin Frenzy to help you here. In ICC it seems to proc often enough for me. It tends to proc at the prefect time but i maybe just lucky. I dont see why have more then just one point in that talent.

but the best thing i can tell u is play around with it and see what u like the most.
    Im No nomral Chicken, Im no Extra Crispy Style. Im Extra Spicy BoomChicken Lazer of Doom.

I'd save up and get the Tier chest myself. Upgraded it's BiS. Basically tier 10 wise you're better off ignoring either the hands or the legs, and since you have the legs, get chest, save up after that for frost gloves. Handful of mediocre hands within ICC itself that you can use in meantime.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kaliara
    Seeing as you have the 245 T9, I'd personally stick with that until you can get the 264 tier 10. For me it's working out as a very small upgrade going from 2 T9/10 to 4 T10 (245-251). The badge belt is a nice place to drop hit, and I'll second dropping points in Balance of Power. By the way, you can get the 264 tier hands and legs from VoA 25, so you might want to hold off spending badges on the gloves.

Owlkin Frenzy however... I've read the same mixed reviews and I have to say, the best way is just to put a couple of points in and see for yourself. Pay attention to (or find an add-on to track it), when it procs, what procs it, and if you get a chance to use the proc. For example Vile Gas on Festergut procs it, but you never get to use the proc because you're busy puking. :P
    251 tier 10 is always better than 245 tier 9. The set bonuses on tier 10 are a bit stronger, and the pieces are better itemized. There is no reason to not upgrade them, but whether he wants the belt, or the set bonuses first, is really up to him.

On the topic of Owlkin Frenzy, it is not a very strong talent. It is, however, the strongest filler talent we have, compared to Genesis and the like. It helps a little bit (more than genesis and more than mana regen you dont need), and on some fights it is very powerfull.

In my personal opinion, i have chosen not to buy the pants or gloves until i have spent my frost in every other area i possibly can on my moonkin ( even for getting Primordials to craft my deathfrost boots ) just because i will have to spend frost on these items anyways, and if i spend the frost on the gloves or pants and then they drop in voa, i'll kick myself. So for me its not a problem of waiting it out until i have bought everything i need with frost, and then saved up 155 frost emblems, and then if they still have not dropped i'll spend the frost.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...st&cn=Oldegreg

(you can see with my hit rating atm why i would want the deathfrost boots :P)

Edited: =/

Deleted

Hand OR gloves? Interesting..

Anyways, the argument is getting old. Sure, the crafted stuff might be good, but probably not better than getting tier 10 pieces that are perfectly itemized for our class, as well as an awesome 4p set bonus.

You have about a 1/40 chance of something usefull dropping for you. That is counting tier pieces and pvp gear. Now, you might get lucky, and kudos to you if you do. But in the time VOA has been up, I have never, ever, ever had anything drop for me, main spec or offspec. If you want to reduce your potential, and hope for these odds to be in your favor, then be my guest.

And whats the worst that can happen? You buy the 251 pieces, and then you get a drop from Toravon 25. Great, you save yourself a sanctified token that you can use on something else. You have the 264 pieces and an identical one drops? Care - isn't it more important that you are already geared up? Even considering that you are so low on hit, you should have bought the gloves as soon as you had the chance - thats another 63 hit rating right there.

TL;DR: Dont wait for Toravon drops. The chances are low.

Furthermore, considering your very low hit chance, you could at least gem your yellow sockets with hit to make up for some of the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    Hand OR gloves? Interesting..

Anyways, the argument is getting old. Sure, the crafted stuff might be good, but probably not better than getting tier 10 pieces that are perfectly itemized for our class, as well as an awesome 4p set bonus.

You have about a 1/40 chance of something usefull dropping for you. That is counting tier pieces and pvp gear. Now, you might get lucky, and kudos to you if you do. But in the time VOA has been up, I have never, ever, ever had anything drop for me, main spec or offspec. If you want to reduce your potential, and hope for these odds to be in your favor, then be my guest.

And whats the worst that can happen? You buy the 251 pieces, and then you get a drop from Toravon 25. Great, you save yourself a sanctified token that you can use on something else. You have the 264 pieces and an identical one drops? Care - isn't it more important that you are already geared up? Even considering that you are so low on hit, you should have bought the gloves as soon as you had the chance - thats another 63 hit rating right there.

TL;DR: Dont wait for Toravon drops. The chances are low.

Furthermore, considering your very low hit chance, you could at least gem your yellow sockets with hit to make up for some of the difference.

I see your point.

Was just speaking from the standpoint of someone in a 4 man guild (Our "guildies" log on once in a blue moon :P) who has to pug into groups to get his frost, thus making them very hard to come by. That's why i was stressing the whole "In my personal opinion" thing at the beginning.

But even then, yeah the hit from the gloves or pants would help out more with 4p bonus and the fact that they are not nearly as expensive.

It's usually a good policy to keep 2 2 piece bonuses until your get your 4 piece bonus as far as I know. One trick would be to rent Volde's until you get enough badges to outright buy the remaining two pieces you need for 4t10. Even though you can't socket Volde's (that makes it bind which you don't want) you end up with more spellpower, swap haste for crit, and drop all the wasted hit. You can't rent the belt unfortunately because the gems have too big an impact on the performance.

If you're not familiar with renting, basically when you set foot into ICC you buy some pieces off the vendor and before the 2 hours are up you return the pieces and buy them again. You get benefit for your badges during ICC but at the same time you can keep saving for 4t10. If you don't return it before the time is up though, you bought it. So be careful.