Arcane mage: How do u spend ur Frost Tokens

First of all, the first item you should buy with ur frost tokens MUST be either T10 chest, shoulder or head. You can farm,buy or nj your t10 glove/pants from Voa.
    But which one first?

Buy shoulder first if u have already got another t10 piece (glove or pants)from VOA. (reason: to get the 2 piece t10 bonus ASAP)

Buy chest first if you have 95+ frost tokens,have 0 t10 gear,have been using a bad robe and t9 head/shoulder/glove/pants. (reason: getting some upgrade without breaking ur old T9 bonus)

Buy Head first if you have 95+ frost tokens,have 0 t10 gear,have been using a bad head,have too much hit,and t9 shoulder/chest/glove/pants. (reason: New t10 head gives haste/crit which are very nice if your have too much hit with ur old helm. for example, t9 helm gives hit.)

So it would be either Shoulder ---> Head -----> Chest ------> VOA drops (You can spend 60 tokens at gloves if you don't trust ur luck at VOA)
    Chest ---> Shoulder -----> Head -------> VOA drops
    Head ---> Shoulder -----> Chest -------> VOA drops

Don't buy anything till you have ur 4 pieces t10. In fact, you should buy Primordial Saronite with ur tokens and craft youself the Leggings of Woven Death.

Re: How do u spend ur Frost Tokens

focus on 2pct10 - going for the two biggest upgrades.

i swapped for 4pc t10 when i had all 4 pieces.
    personal choice. whatever.

which one first?
    you serious?

go for the biggest upgrade first... what else?

I think ppl it pretty much aware of what the OP is trying to point out.
    - Trim

I prefer getting my cloak first followed by support pieces depending on the drops from bosses we have on farm status or near farm status. My guild does VOA every week so I save the gloves and pants for last.

It's different for every class/specc, but it's generally a good idea to save Gloves/Pants for last if you do VoA.

Personally I got a couple of non-set pieces first since they were bigger upgrades at the time (being ilvl264) and because resto druid tier10 is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by kayleefrye

focus on 2pct10 - going for the two biggest upgrades.

i swapped for 4pc t10 when i had all 4 pieces.
    personal choice. whatever.

which one first?
    you serious?

go for the biggest upgrade first... what else?
    Biggest upgrades sometimes are taking too much time.

For example, t10 head is biggest upgrades if u have too much hit which always happen to we arcane mages. However, head needs 95 tokens to buy.

So instead go for the biggest upgrade first. Go for the fastest 2pc10 first.

Quote Originally Posted by Epiclurker
    I prefer getting my cloak first followed by support pieces depending on the drops from bosses we have on farm status or near farm status. My guild does VOA every week so I save the gloves and pants for last.
    This is part of reasons why I wrote this post.

Some people (arcane mages only) spent tokens at cloak/belt/trinket instead the t10 gears first.
    To make things clear:

The goal is to get ur 2pct10/4pct10 As Soon As Possible.

I lost 2k+ dps in VOA after I replaced one of my 4pct10 with a t9.

Re: Arcane mage: How do u spend ur Frost Tokens

chest>head>shoulder>gloves>waist(if u have merlins robe or 258 robe take head and shoulder firstly)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Epiclurker
    That cloak isn't really very good for most mages. It certainly shouldn't be your first choice when spending badges.

15+ Year Old Account

I run 10 mans only, here is how I used mine:

T10 Shoulders
    T10 Chest
    Saronites for Leggings of Woven Death

Next will be the head, while I wait for the gloves to drop in VoA.

I decided to go with the Wrathful Cloak & Bracers; I also think the badge cloak is not that great, and until I get drops for those slots, the PvP ones are still upgrades over my old 219-232 stuff. Although I would like more crit atm, as I am pretty solid on haste.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68
    I decided to go with the Wrathful Cloak & Bracers; I also think the badge cloak is not that great, and until I get drops for those slots, the PvP ones are still upgrades over my old 219-232 stuff. Although I would like more crit atm, as I am pretty solid on haste.
    Wrathful pieces are pretty low on the list because they only have two dps stats on them and not 3. Unless you're sporting ulduar bracers, I doubt they are better than your other option, but it is possible. I'd run it through rawr to be sure. Just because it has haste doesn't make it better.

"u" is not a word, and this has been covered before. Use the search function.