Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Skipping bosses/pulls in low level dungeons

I've been leveling alts recently and it seems that ever since the introduction of the daily random heroic everyone has gone mad. While leveling alts everyone seems to think the group should get to the last boss as fast as possible while skipping 90% of the dungeon they waited 30 minutes to get into. The XP/hour gain inside in an instance is far superior to questing so once you're in a dungeon with a good group why not clear it and get your money out of the queue time? Its like people dont even remember that they're there for XP. The gear from a satchel is pretty meaningless and will be replaced quickly anyway. They must be stuck in gogogog mode and think there are frost emblems waiting for them when they're done.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Re: Skipping bosses/pulls in low level dungeons

You must not be that good at questing then

Quote Originally Posted by draticus
    The XP/hour gain inside in an instance is far superior to questing
    No...

Quote Originally Posted by draticus
    Its like people dont even remember that they're there for XP.
    Some are just there for a soecific item from a specific boss...
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Most likely its the same people that fly into a complete nerd rage if anyone wants to kill ALL the bosses in a heroic, I mean OMG who do these people think they are queuing up for heroics to get gear, don't they know how inconvenient it is. Dont get me wrong I dont mind skipping bosses on my main, but I also dont mind doing them all if someone actually wants/need the badges

sorry, went off on a tangent, but ya thats pretty lame to do in lowbie instances, the xp is awesome in them, and unless your a tank, your looking at a 30 min to 60 min wait time, so you might as well enjoy it.

Re-roll a tank/healer.

instances are better xp per hour.... assuming you aren't questing :

and even then it's a tough call.

but yeah the only problem imo is when people are too impatient and bail either when they see it's an instance that they think is a maze or bail the second they get a bag (not always from the final bosses).
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

daily random heroic
    Rate of XP? Heroics are only available to level 80s - who, before Cataclysm hits, do not require more XP.

I do recognize your problem at Heroic level, but not a Normal level. All normal dungeons I run end up covering most, if not all, of the dungeon as people need loot and XP. At the Heroic level people want their 2 EoFs for the day and that's it... mostly, that's it.

If you want to clear a dungeon of all bosses with no shortcuts then ask at start and when the YES outnumber the NO's you're golden. If not, suck it up and take the shortcut. Alternatively, find a guild/steady group to do those with.

You can still do level 70 BC heroics

10+ Year Old Account

My alts have instant queue. For me, skipping to the end, getting my satchel and bonus XP is much more worth it than killing a few more extra mobs.

For DPS, it sucks. But that's not my problem. You can quest between queues to even it out - I won't, because I loathe it. I also hate people, so the less I need to be grouped with randoms, the better.

*goes to punch something in the face, out of pure hatred*

ARGHRAWRGMNRGGH.

Personally, I generally only go to dungeons for quests when I'm leveling alts, so skipping a lot of pulls is great. You get a ton more experience from questing outside, than killing those extra packs.

There's a few exceptions where I go for stuff the bosses drop(mainly when leveling a tank), but I haven't experienced being in the need of actually killing those trash mobs.

15+ Year Old Account

You've ran into a lot of people on your battlegroup who don't want to do the whole dungeon. I've leveled a few toons on 3 battlegroups and both of them had the group wanting to do the whole dungeon if not more than what would trigger the bag (BRD lower but do a full clear, Mara orange but do a full clear, etc). I would suggest bring up at the very beginning doing more or asking if people would want to stick around for "such & such boss". Honestly the bag gear can be the best thing for you if you get the right modifier for your spec and most of the time its better than dungeon drops or crafted items. There are some specific bosses/drops that people will always want to get though. If you're a caster then you definately want to get SM Cath for the helm & possibly the neck if you don't already have a better one from the bags. I know when I've ran SM GY we always searched for rarespawns before heading down to the boss.

@mhp
    If you hate people so much why the hell are you doing the queues in the first place. The dungeon finder was implimented to help people get a group together to run dungeons AND ENCOURAGE RUNNING OF LOW LEVEL DUNGEONS INSTEAD OF GETTING RAN THROUGH EVERYTHING BY A LVL 80. The bag & bonus exp & small amount of coin are just extras to make the experience even more tempting to people. You are the type of person I generally vote out and replace even if we're close to the last boss because I'd rather bring in a new person who wants to be there than some jackass who thinks they are god's gift to groups.

I'm lvling 2 alts atm, 1 being healer another dps. I've had that problem 1 time that we havent cleared all, but normally people do wanna do everything since the XP you get from clearing everything with a good group is realy nice, but ofcourse the endbonus is nice.

As dps it would be sstupid to skipp everything, coz you have waited for a long time. I can however understand why a Tank wants to skip. After he's done in there he'll sign up again and have a group in less then 1 min. So his XP will be bigger with skipping.

I generally don't mind much if people skip bosses that are clearly meant to be optional. But when they go out of their way to avoid a single pack of mobs or a boss that would be killed faster and safer than whatever method of bypassing they want to use, it kinda pisses me off.

I've yet to see any significant time saves from those, and when they go wrong, you generally lose more time than you would've saved.
    And whats the point of skipping the first boss in OK when you need to clear to his room anyway and it takes like a minute to kill him?

I enter a dungeon to send its denizens of evil into oblivion. Skipping one of its leaders doesn't sound like a thing I'd do. Also, while leveling, dungeons are a good way of making it more interesting. So bloody sick of so many of the questing zones. Why skip the fun?
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77
    @mhp
    If you hate people so much why the hell are you doing the queues in the first place.
    WTS Sarcasm.

The dungeon finder was implimented to help people get a group together to run dungeons AND ENCOURAGE RUNNING OF LOW LEVEL DUNGEONS INSTEAD OF GETTING RAN THROUGH EVERYTHING BY A LVL 80. The bag & bonus exp & small amount of coin are just extras to make the experience even more tempting to people. You are the type of person I generally vote out and replace even if we're close to the last boss because I'd rather bring in a new person who wants to be there than some jackass who thinks they are god's gift to groups.
    Don't get me wrong. I do want to be there, because spamming dungeons is a far superior experience than trying to quest for the Nth time (except that the level 50-55 range with BRD all the time being a tad boring), but I like my runs to be fast and effective: get to the end, kill whatever is on the way and we absolutely must kill it, then score my bag & coin and go again within a minute.

I do not, however, want to kill every optional boss and every single trash pack, because that's just not worth my time. I get more XP by running the dungeon again.

Actually, that's not neccesarily true that you get more experience from running the dungeon again.

You get a whopping 2k experience at level 55 for completing a random dungeon, which is about what you get from killing a set of trash mobs. The best experience that you're going to get is kill every single random group as fast as possible, AND finish the instance, not avoid groups and skip steps to get your bag and meaningless xp bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Gxz
    Re-roll a tank/healer.
    yeah my holy pally has no problems getting an insta que. especially since i am doing it with a tank <3

OT: qq cause you rolled yet another dps class.
    blah blah blah, I post win, sometimes.

On my 49 twink I was farming dungeons to get the Stalwarts gear of stamina. So yes I rushed to the boss i needed and left. It also helped I was a warrior tank though

If I run into a solid group I ask them all to run with me again. Farming this way works well. Everyone understands that by sticking around we will be running in the same fashion as the previous run. This provides and instant Q for all pretty much. Full group Q is awesome.

Honestly, it depends on what I'm doing. Usually I'm tanking the instances, so if the dps can pull decent numbers (Somewhere close to me is nice) then I'll keep them around for another instance or two.

95% of the time this isn't the case unfortunately, so I just reform with a different group and cross my fingers.