10+ Year Old Account

should i gem for arp? :)

should i gem for arp with my gear? ;D its so confusing...

lol, i knew i forgot something...
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...m+Batol&n=Ejzo

ninjaedit; i only need 90% arp for hardcap!
    ....................................................................................

Re: should i gem for arp? :)

get jc / bs first then yes

atm you only would reach 87% arp tough you can use hearty rhino for last bit i would still advice getting jc bs.

well you dont have your 4 piece so I dont think you are at the level of gear where u gem arp

Well, ur not hit capped. Aswell as missing 4/5 t10.

So no. Get those 2 things then you can.

Not trying to hijack your thread but since it's here no need to start a new one.

Thinking about gemming arp for blood: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...idge&cn=Pherce
    Never mind the expertise gem in the weapon.

Here is an EP Sim from Kahorie's for me:

EP AttackPower | 1 (0.67 DPS/per AP)
    EP Strength | 2.84
    EP Agility | 2.06
    EP CritRating | 2.93
    EP HasteEstimated | 2.27
    EP HasteRating1 | 2.51
    EP ArmorPenetrationRating | 4.27
    EP ExpertiseRating | 4.75
    Personal Expertise value | 5.79
    BeforeMeleeHitCap<8% | 7.19
    EP SpellHitRating | 0.39
    EP WeaponDPS | 9.4
    EP WeaponSpeed | 313.43

But I am worried if I swap to arp the EP for strength will be significantly higher. What should I do? Been unholy foooorever....

Edit: Crafting BS pants today and probably looking at the vendor cloak as well. But I might wait for 10man heroic pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    Well, ur not hit capped. Aswell as missing 4/5 t10.

So no. Get those 2 things then you can.
    1200 Base Arp or 4 set t10

400 off on the Arp and only 2/5 t10

So the answer would be not yet.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Pherce
    Not trying to hijack your thread but since it's here no need to start a new one.

Thinking about gemming arp for blood: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...idge&cn=Pherce
    Never mind the expertise gem in the weapon.

Here is an EP Sim from Kahorie's for me:

EP AttackPower | 1 (0.67 DPS/per AP)
    EP Strength | 2.84
    EP Agility | 2.06
    EP CritRating | 2.93
    EP HasteEstimated | 2.27
    EP HasteRating1 | 2.51
    EP ArmorPenetrationRating | 4.27
    EP ExpertiseRating | 4.75
    Personal Expertise value | 5.79
    BeforeMeleeHitCap<8% | 7.19
    EP SpellHitRating | 0.39
    EP WeaponDPS | 9.4
    EP WeaponSpeed | 313.43

But I am worried if I swap to arp the EP for strength will be significantly higher. What should I do? Been unholy foooorever....

Edit: Crafting BS pants today and probably looking at the vendor cloak as well. But I might wait for 10man heroic pants.
    The more ArPen you get the better each following point becomes.
    Also, the more ArPen you have the value of each existing point of Str will rise.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    1200 Base Arp or 4 set t10

400 off on the Arp and only 2/5 t10

So the answer would be not yet.
    Only 200 off because bloods arp cap is ~1200

but yea

@OP
    list of priorities in order

hit cap urself at 8%
    4/5 t10
    1000 arp without gems
    run a sim
    if your stat values are decently higher for arp then swap gems

Sorry for HiJacking... but I'm also curious. I have a few arm pen and str gem. I am working on get Deathbringers will. But should I start gemming for arm pen now or no?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ing&cn=Neritza

Thanks

Im sorry but have any of you even Sim'd the stat weighting at his gear level and amount of armor pen?? Opinions don't mean anything. Spewing out other peoples incorrect information doesn't help anyone.
    His spec is blood, which means arp is valuable alot earlier than unholy which would require round 1200 arp to be viable.
    I have run your current gearing through rawr and your stat weighting for arp is about 15% better than gemming str and that will only improve the more arp you have.

As for not being at hit cap, did you notice he is actually 0.3% off hit cap??? How many hits in a raid are going to be missed by that 0.3%. Answer stuff all. He is on the expertise cap and if he is staying blood then arp is far better than str gemming.
    If you are going to use unholy then you will need over 1200 arp to see any benefit.
    4pc bonus who cares it has nothing to do with his question....and the question....this is not really a question i assume its more a forum troll for people who have no idea.

Wraith-

arp is 2nd best stat for all death knight specs period.
    Arp becomes better than strength (best stat) at very high arpen levels for blood due to how arp works.
    Arp is NEVER better than strength on a 1:1 ratio for unholy.

The op is asking if gemming arp ove strength is a wise choice for him.

We responded with the fact that for all gear levels hit raiting untill the 263 cap is the best possible stat on your gear. Aka- get more hit

We also responded by pointing out that getting 4/5 t10 would be a larger dps increase anyway.

What you fail to realize is that 4/5 t10 is a greater dps increase than going from str gems to arp.

Thus he should first get 4pt10. After getting .3% more hit because even .3% more hit is a greater dps increase than an equal amount of str or arp.
    Then provided he has close to the same amount of arp he can gem it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    Only 200 off because bloods arp cap is ~1200

but yea

@OP
    list of priorities in order

hit cap urself at 8%
    4/5 t10
    1000 arp without gems
    run a sim
    if your stat values are decently higher for arp then swap gems
    1000 arp without gems is not true. Arp becomes better than str at a far lower %. Whats matter is what weapon he uses etc. He has like what 20-22 gem slots? why on earth shall he have 1000arp before gemming?

I simmed my gear and I do not have DBW and even at 85% unbuffed & with talents it still is better than str with quite a margin. The thing is that when you go for arp gems you probably should go for a rotation/prority with GOD as your diseases does less of your dmg and you would be able to squeeze in one more hs.

To the OP, change professions to JC/BS, get 4pcs of T10 and you are ready to go. put a 10str/10hit somewhere as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge
    1000 arp without gems is not true. Arp becomes better than str at a far lower %. Whats matter is what weapon he uses etc. He has like what 20-22 gem slots? why on earth shall he have 1000arp before gemming?

I simmed my gear and I do not have DBW and even at 85% unbuffed & with talents it still is better than str with quite a margin. The thing is that when you go for arp gems you probably should go for a rotation/prority with GOD as your diseases does less of your dmg and you would be able to squeeze in one more hs.

To the OP, change professions to JC/BS, get 4pcs of T10 and you are ready to go. put a 10str/10hit somewhere as well.
    Oops! I guess I was assuming he wanted to go from str gemming to arp gemming and capped.

He could gem arp now technically but t10 4/5 and hit capped are much better as you said.

at no point did he say "gee guys is 4/5 T10 better than gemming arp?"

arp is 2nd best stat for all death knight specs period.
    Well no your wrong. Its the 2nd best stat to a certain gearing point.

He asked about arp, not hit. His .3% off hit cap isn't going to gimp his dps unless missing a few white hits in the entire raid counts.

I dont fail to realise any benefits of T10 bonuses. He didn't ask a single thing about set bonuses or teir gear. I would say when he has the badges he will get it, but gems u can buy with gold which everyone has.

Thus he should first get 4pt10. After getting .3% more hit because even .3% more hit is a greater dps increase than an equal amount of str or arp.
    Then provided he has close to the same amount of arp he can gem it.
    sim craft the benefit of arp vs str on his toon....he gains 140dps by gemming arp with his current gear level.