Double tanking question

1st: lack of hit -
    I, like most tanks these days entering ICC, HAD the conquest belt Shieldwarder Girdle, the t9 legs, and Saronite Swordbreakers which all provided hit. Since then, I've replaced them with saurfang10's wrists, frost belt, and voa t10 legs.

All of the sudden, i'm at like 40 hit o.O and can't do threat at all. So i've been forced to wear a hit trinket, and gem hit, to get to a reasonable number (been argued that 180+ is acceptable to do decent threat.)

Wtf am i supposed to do? I looked at what i desired being my next upgrades - Bonebreaker Scepter, 264 Chest, t10 head, t10 shoulders, and none of them have hit

2nd: what to spend -
    after buying the cloak, trinket and belt, i'm debating on what i should spend my next set of frost emblems: either chest or head. The head is t10, gives me 2pc, and gives me a huge threat/dps boost (which helps on fights like festergut/bql). The chest is overall a better upgrade, a MASSIVE upgrade to ilvl/gscore (32 points ilvl increase vs the former which was 6); however, i don't get t10 set bonus AND i could win the chest off deathwhisper10 (we're a 10 man strict guild atm till we get enough for 25)
    Or should i get the shoulders? it's the exact same as the head in terms of upgrade/stats/etc.

edit: armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...aul&cn=Shellan

edit2: i know i'm supposed to replace my avoidance gems with agility to activate meta and then pure stam. getting around to that.

edit3: i'm scared about grabbing the gloves because of the fact that i might win it in voa (running it every week as the *only* paladin - i form the raids myself and pug them.)
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

Re: Double tanking question

Broken Ham Skull Helm - Deathwhisper 25 - 74 hit
    Bonebreaker Sceptor - Marrowgar 10 - 39 hit
    T10 Gloves - 54 hit (for the 251 ones)
    Boots of Knightly Upheaval - Crafted - 53 hit
    Ashen Rep Ring - 55hit (exhaulted)
    Abomination's Bloody Ring - gunship 10 - 47 hit

Don't worry about hit. Really. Are you having big threat issues? You shouldn't be.

In ToC I had about 100 hit rating, and progressed fine. In ICC I have a bit more due to the various gear drops I got, but I still don't care.

Before investing loads of crap into hit, try doing it WITHOUT the hit. And if your DPS aren't threatcapping, which they probably won't be, then you can finally realise hit is NOT as important as people seem to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Needonboots
    Don't worry about hit. Really. Are you having big threat issues? You shouldn't be.

In ToC I had about 100 hit rating, and progressed fine. In ICC I have a bit more due to the various gear drops I got, but I still don't care.

Before investing loads of crap into hit, try doing it WITHOUT the hit. And if your DPS aren't threatcapping, which they probably won't be, then you can finally realise hit is NOT as important as people seem to think.
    Seriously, 40 hit and 100 hit make a huge difference.
    With 40 hit (me w/o trinket/ungemmed) i have less than .5% increase chance to hit (where I need 8%). This drops my dps down to ~1800. Now, I hate running numbers, but with guildmates pulling over 8k in 10 man with no tricks or misdirects threat IS a problem.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

Least you don't have to worry about expertise

Was doing lich king on 25man, tanking the adds. One of them decided to enrage, so I used conc blow, he parried and 1 shot me right after (63k damage, I had 61.5k buffed).

Now I have 37 expertise without food buff and now 2k less hp than our MT because of it.

In b4 cool story, i was willing to help until I found about you were a paladin and I don't know anything about paladins sorry

Look into gear you WONT Ever replace, such as the Ashen verdict Rep ring.

Don't rely on VOA drops either, you might be lucky, but if your being lazy and AVOIDING spending badges on hit items when you NEED hit, then that makes you a lazy horrible tank.

If you have the cash, buy harbringers band. Socket Vivid or Rigid on your ICC rep ring if you desperately need it.

Socket vivid in yellow sockets so you don't lose that much stam either.

15+ Year Old Account

Your hunters are supposed to be tranqing Enrage before he even has a chance to swing at you. Also, Shockwave is more reliable for stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by tricknick76
    Seriously, 40 hit and 100 hit make a huge difference.
    With 40 hit (me w/o trinket/ungemmed) i have less than .5% increase chance to hit (where I need 8%). This drops my dps down to ~1800. Now, I hate running numbers, but with guildmates pulling over 8k in 10 man with no tricks or misdirects threat IS a problem.
    if your only pulling 1800 dps even if you had 0 hit, the hit isn't your problem, your rotation or spec is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by balloonknot
    if your only pulling 1800 dps even if you had 0 hit, the hit isn't your problem, your rotation or spec is wrong.
    It's possible to do the rotation wrong? I have it set to two macro's and have 1 set to scroll up on my mouse wheel and 1 set to scroll down, it does the rotation PERFECTLY every time...
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    It's possible to do the rotation wrong? I have it set to two macro's and have 1 set to scroll up on my mouse wheel and 1 set to scroll down, it does the rotation PERFECTLY every time...
    While this is a telling statement, it in no way changes what i said.

Other than putting 2 points in divinity over DG for some unknown reason your spec is fine.

You have 2 out of 6 glyphs, i.e. 4 empty slots ?????? Your missing the best threat glyph (Seal of Vengeance) as well as missing sense undead (1% more threat).

Despite all that silliness your rotation still can not be correct as 1800dps while tanking any icc boss amounts to doing little more than auto-attacking with SoV up, with the exception of rotface slime, keleseth tanking, etc.

3k to 4k dps (maybe a bit lower for your gear) depending on raid size and buffs is a more reasonable target number for continuous boss tanking and a bit more hit doesn't make that much difference.

Ditch the macro's and make sure your casting correctly before you worry about hit. Also get some bloody glyphs, Glyph of Seal of Vengeance, Glyph of Sense Undead, Glyph of Lay on Hands and and whatever you want in the last minor slot. Preferably replace the hammer glyph with Glyph of Salvation or Glyph of Righteous Defense.