STR 1 Hander (Kelesti's Post)

First, let me apologize for making a second thread regarding your topic. For reason’s I can explain the website changes me to “logged out” the moment I open said thread. Yet I can open other topics and stay logged in.

For 1 Handed weapons in Cataclysm why not include both Agility and Strength on the weapons? So for example you might see:

Sword of Pwnage
    -80 Str
    -80 Agi
    -100 Sta
    -Add cool stuff like mastery.

Warriors/Paladins/DKs gain AP from Str.
    Shamans/Rogues/Hunters gain AP from Agility.
    All gain Crit from Agility.

Unless I've missed something none of the class can really get a double dip benifit from both stats. A solution like this would also make 1H's pretty much universally attractive.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: STR 1 Hander (Kelesti's Post)

A good idea.

But this will cost itemization points, and thus leads to less creative weaponry.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

reforge agi to str = gg

You can't reforge items to have another stat they already have on it, gg.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Which is why he said str to agility. Meaning they would only have Str to start, then be converted to Agi. GG.
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadin
    Which is why he said str to agility.
    thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Demiknight
    Unless I've missed something none of the class can really get a double dip benifit from both stats. A solution like this would also make 1H's pretty much universally attractive.
    Well tank druids double dip in a way with agi on leather and strength on necks, rings, cloaks. I do not know for now how they'll settle this but anyway, just puttin' it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

I'd not really thought about allocating itemization points, that could certainly be an issue. I'm not really convinced that reforging will be the answer. It makes sense that it could easily solve the issue. For me it is more a quection on the blizzards methods. What you're saying is "item drops but may not really be usable until reforged". I might also question if that type of drop mechanic would benifit blizzards goal of "it being easier to decide if a drop is an upgrade". I'm not saying I can't imagine 80 strength becoming 80 agility... but you know there are all kinds of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Demiknight
    First, let me apologize for making a second thread regarding your topic. For reason’s I can explain the website changes me to “logged out” the moment I open said thread. Yet I can open other topics and stay logged in.

For 1 Handed weapons in Cataclysm why not include both Agility and Strength on the weapons? So for example you might see:

Sword of Pwnage
    -80 Str
    -80 Agi
    -100 Sta
    -Add cool stuff like mastery.

Warriors/Paladins/DKs gain AP from Str.
    Shamans/Rogues/Hunters gain AP from Agility.
    All gain Crit from Agility.

Shammys still gain ap from str etc...
    that would make the weapons overpowered as you will get the agi you need but still gain extra ap from the str or they would have so even stats on them that the agi part would be way to low

It's obvious the easiest solution is to make strength dps weapons for all tanks and frost dps DKs to use.
    There's absolutely no reason for these far fetched suggestions when there is one so simple as this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard decided the same, though I wouldn't be surprised either if they didn't.
    I highly doubt tanks will need the avoidance weapons bring, as it will be an extremely low amount since defense will be gone, so all you'll find it something equivalent of 30-50 dodge/parry rating, which is not a big deal.

Reforging exists solely to fix items that happen to drop, but might not be ideal for you but are an upgrade either way, like spirit items for casters.
    It's not a mechanic that should be applied to all items you loot in order for them to be viable for use.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike
    Shammys still gain ap from str etc...
    that would make the weapons overpowered as you will get the agi you need but still gain extra ap from the str or they would have so even stats on them that the agi part would be way to low
    1st they will not be getting AP from STR in Cataclysm
    2nd If you have both Str and Agi on a weapons the itemization points would have to be split between the 2 stats. This would not make it optimal for the itemization points.

IE: (Note these are not actual numbers, just an example
    5000 Points can be spent on a iLvL 300
    1 Str costs 15 points
    1 Str costs 20
    1 Agi costs 12
    1 Crit costs 2
    1 Hit costs 8
    1 Expertise costs 25
    1 Mastery costs 30

so in doing so
    100 str would take 1150
    120 stam would take 2400
    30 Mastery would take 900
    68 Hit would take 544

so if you had Agi on there also the Str would have to be halved or such to allow it. It does not make for good itemization for items.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ugadin
    Which is why he said str to agility. Meaning they would only have Str to start, then be converted to Agi. GG.
    Please remember that reforging as they have stated it currently works is not a 1-for-1 conversion.

So if you had a weapon with say:

100 agi
    100 crit
    100 hit

Then you reforged the agility into str it would then turn the stats into:

25 Str
    50 agi
    100 crit
    100 hit

Which is a horrible investment for a core stat.

Where reforging will shine is in tertiary stats like hit. For example you could pull some of the 100-hit off the citadel enforcer and turn it into mastery or maybe crit. Where you'd get a lot more bang from removing a stat that essentially overcaps you to replace it with a stat that's going to give you more mileage.

I really don't see what everyone's worry or problem is, they are going to have non-tanking Str one-handers. That's it. They'll also have a lot of them that are itemized in such a way that they'll be good for tanking and dps, and they'll have still other ones that are more situated straight for dps.

Think of it more in terms of spell-power maces, where say an ele shammy and boomkin want one with hit on it and a holy paladin or resto sham wants one with MP5.

There's plenty of room in the budget, so relax. But by no means will any of the loot be a free roll when it drops.

As has been said the major problem is item budget, in which case if you negate half the budget of Agi/Str on weapons either you need to negate the Crit addition of Agi for Wars, Pals, and DKs, which seems like an excess of work. What I imagine we will be seeing is a shift from tank weapons to damage weapons all around. For Str weapons, this will probably mean an amount of drops similar to tank weapons and, let's say, fist weapons, whereas for Agi weapons we probably won't see but one or two less drops because.

How I would prefer to see this is DKs receiving double AP off of Agi by way of Runes. I enjoy using different weapons from other tanks, frankly, I just dislike the lower total AP and non-scaling AP as well as less Sta, but this second portion is pretty well being fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Daimyon
    I don't mean (presuming you are talking to me) slow tanking weapons, I mean damage weapons. No tanking stats, high strength, combat ratings, and yes slow speed. DKs are built around not having tanking weapons, and I imagine with the broad restructuring being done Pals and Wars can be, too. Druids are in a similar boat as us.