Turning off Gaining Experience

Wouldnt it be kinda fun (in a nostalgic want to play in the oldschool Vanilla WoW again) if you had the option to turn off gaining experience. I mean, I think it would be fun to level up a toon to 60, turn off gaining experience and start doing oldschool raids again.

Those were the days.....good....and bad.

Re: Turning off Gaining Experience

>
    I started the Book of Faces moving
    Was involved in the RP Invasion

/Brofisting Vol'Jin

/facepalm

You can, I think it costs a whopping 10gold.

Apparently ive never looked for this option in game then....

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah theres a guild on my server that has mostly 60s that go raid and get gear, also they have 70s in there too. I enjoy running with them every once and awhile.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

After about 30 seconds of research I found that indeed it is possible. I would have never know about this cause I hardly ever PvP and its near the battlemasters.....

:-X

Quote Originally Posted by Benwah
    Apparently ive never looked for this option in game then....
    If I'm not mistaken just go to the arena battlemaster of a major city (definitely in Orgrimmar) and there will be a stealthed npc somewhere giving you the option to turn off XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    You're not supposed to catch Missingno.

Quote Originally Posted by Benwah
    turn off gaining experience and start doing oldschool raids again.

Those were the days.....good....and bad.
    Get boosted by 80 lvl ppl who are in for achievement? that sure is fun..

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781
    WTF is google? ;D

On Bronzebeard_EU there's a guild with a lvl 60 raidteam, without 60+ enchants, gems, etc. Dk's not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokal
    Get boosted by 80 lvl ppl who are in for achievement? that sure is fun..
    No, im talking about actually doing a full 40 man raid with all 60s. Actually going after the gear and such.

that's been an option for quite a few patches now. problem with "old school" level 60 raiding with no xp gains is that gear and talents are far from the same. so even if you do go at it in a "only use talents that were available in vanilla" or whatever, scaling and everything is so updated that it'll be far too trivial to compare to _real_ vanilla raiding.
    also, lol at trying to find 39 other people with the same idea.

it would not be the same at all..At level 60 talent trees buffs all kinds of things were alot different.

This work of art was made by Paz.

Yeah some good points.....although with new talents and abilities it might make some of those raids a little easier, wouldnt have to be a full time 3-4 day per week 6 hours a night things that ruins your life!

Or.... get to 80 and just run the instances with half the people or less (depending on the raid) and finish them in an hour!

PS... None of the pre-BC raids are the same at lvl 60 now, so the experience is not the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by select20
    Him: "I don't have a complete healing set yet, but I am healing capped and MP5 capped, so I'm good."
    Me: "What do you mean healing/mp5 capped?"
    Him: "I maxed my healing/MP5 so now I can successfully heal any heroic or any raid up to 10man lvl. Thats why I got some tanking gear on to help me survive longer in case I pull aggro from the tank."
    Awesome SIGZ MAYNE

Quote Originally Posted by mograineprotpally
    Or.... get to 80 and just run the instances with half the people or less (depending on the raid) and finish them in an hour!

That just ruins the challenge of it though

Quote Originally Posted by Health
    On Bronzebeard_EU there's a guild with a lvl 60 raidteam, without 60+ enchants, gems, etc. Dk's not allowed.
    That's soo prejudice =P

I hope the Alliance don't allow shammies and Horde don't allow pallies too then..

10+ Year Old Account

We're atleast 20 guys/girls in my guild that came together and bought ourselves a vanilla account and leveled to 60. We've cleared everything up to AQ40 (with some random kewl guys) plenty of times. Trust me, it gets boring after 5 hours. AV with OP gear is your last resort for continued payment on these accounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water