Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Shaman gemming arguement

haste>int

isnt ur 264wep worth 63Sp? woot woot

Quote Originally Posted by Lastson
    Everything I have gathered for a Resto Shaman says, get 3k SP the Haste. I have been done this on my shaman and it works beautifully.
    This.

You aren't a paladin. They buffed mana regen patches ago, there should be no reason to need anything along the lines of intellect or mp5. Shaman have no talents which increase our sp thru scaling with raid buffs like other classes so it's always important to reach that sp goal first.

/shudder at shaman with int gems

paladins = intellect

holy priest = haste if they don't have mana issues

disc priest = spell power if they don't have mana issues

resto shaman = haste, haste, some more haste

resto druid = spell power

Judging from his terrible, terrible name and the fact that he is gemming int, i'd suggest that rather than spending all the gold to regem, and all the time to learn to heal without going oom, he should probably just go back to DPSing on his DK, and work on getting above 3k DPS.

But seriously, yes, he is doing it wrong. Haste, haste and more haste.

If your guild is not progression oriented, and doesn't mind people grossly under-performing, let him keep his gems and continue to either a) heal grossly inefficiently such that he needs that int, or b) finish the fight with 80% mana and almost no healing done, as long as he is enjoying his epeen sized mana pool.

Edit: Also, please please please tell him not to waste points in Healing Grace. Improved Shields is a much better idea, especially since he is so in love with ES that he glyphed for it. Healing focus would also be a good idea, especially since his casts are going to take forever without gemming haste, so it's more likely he'll suffer from pushbacks.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

Deleted

OP There is a stickied thread on this forum which answers your question + the EJ think tank.
    Before this turns into more of a flamefest of "lolubad" locking.