Thread: Feral DPS help.

Feral DPS help.

So iv been feral for a few months now, And i wanna try improve my DPS more then it is. My gear isent AMAZING like most druids is these days. But i dont like failing as much as i do. I know the rotation and i try to keep my dots up as long as possible. Tonight on Blood-Queen i would be between 6-7k DPS what is low in my eyes i wanna try hit 8k all the time. During Berserk at the strart of the fight i can hit 9 - 9.5k DPS but then it drops down to 6 - 7k again. is there any tips or gear you would recomend id try get (I rarely get into ICC10s atm i hope i can get into more) I do have the trash ICC25 neck atm, i just need to gem it tomorrow. A m8 stole all my red gems >.<

Armory - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ider&cn=Tharne

Re: Feral DPS help.

1 - Spell pen is used for cyclone. I know i dont arena much but i like to 1v bla bla in Bgs and Citys. And a Cyclone resist can hurt .
    2 - i probs did log out in pvp gear lol
    3 - I took Survival instinct as a "Oh no!" thing if there is lots of aoe or i take dmg i can use it and stay alive, I see it as Dead kitty is a useless kitty, and if i can stay alive by useing SI and keep DPSing. Then all the better

I never took talents in swipe as i saw it more as a trash thing. But now i think about it useing it on Marrowgar seems good : o i dont think i gemmed arp at all in my pvp items :/ it might be a Pve ring i have atm seeing as i have no pvp one tho lol

Drop banner of victory and pick up any superior trinket, and gem for the arp your losing 722 is the cap with NES and depending how much over the cap the last arp gem puts you you're better off under it. I think the point was if it pushes you more then 7 above the armor pen cap a 20 agi gem is better.

I was thinking of getting greatness insted of banner. No other trinkets have dropped for me and i dont have enough DKP atm to burn it on Deathbringers Will lol. I got my new belt from PP25 on tueday night and my DPS went up over 8k. And now with the 1min mangle iv shot up to the 9-10k DPS O.o such little things have improved me alot. Just struggling what 2nd T10 to get now :P seeing as no gloves or legs dropped in Voa im really confused lol

With your arp mirror of truth is better.
    And the gloves have the best offset piece so is a lower priority on t10 for most unless your current gloves are absolute trash. had to replace t8 gloves with t10 right away for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by scorch109
    Drop banner of victory and pick up any superior trinket, and gem for the arp your losing 722 is the cap with NES and depending how much over the cap the last arp gem puts you you're better off under it. I think the point was if it pushes you more then 7 above the armor pen cap a 20 agi gem is better.
    Ignore this guy, banner of victory is good enough to hold on, until you are in TOC 25 man to get DV/DC or DBW from ICC.

NES is good until you are getting too much ARP when it proc.

Im gemming over the arp cap as im planning to replace my NES trinket as soon as i can find some nice decent trinkets. Im aiming for the hardcap. Looking at my armory anyone got any ideas of what to buy for next T10 (got 120 badges atm lol) i was thinking legs and get arp in them. Arp my chest and get helm of lethal intent. I would get a good 1103 arp i feel. Just need to change trinkets then xD

Quote Originally Posted by NoxSSDK
    Im gemming over the arp cap as im planning to replace my NES trinket as soon as i can find some nice decent trinkets. Im aiming for the hardcap. Looking at my armory anyone got any ideas of what to buy for next T10 (got 120 badges atm lol) i was thinking legs and get arp in them. Arp my chest and get helm of lethal intent. I would get a good 1103 arp i feel. Just need to change trinkets then xD
    Well, the glove is better to be the off piece. If your guild can do rotface.

You want T10 leg, chest, shoulder, and head.

Deathbringer's Will (DBW) is going to be your best in slot trinket, and will be a *significant* dps increase, I'd be hoarding my dkp for it and get tier emblem items and gear from 10 mans while you wait it out imho.

Also, read over fights -- for most fights, using Berserk at the beginning after the tank has a hold on things is best, but a couple encounters come to my mind :

For Blood Queen - Don't Berserk UNTIL you are bitten. I'm not sure how early in the bite rotation your guild is throwing a bite at you, but really, the damage is insane. (To put things in perspective, on a terrible attempt I did 13k on 10man BQL)

For all encounters : Know what is going to happen. Only berserk when you know you will have 100% uptime on the boss during your full buff of Berserk. (Example : Deathwhisper's shield with at least 15 seconds left until adds, etc)

Keep practicing! Also, realize that the best way to increase your dps is to fully invest in your character. If you want to compete with min/max players, you really can't settle for any type of "hybrid" spec. Go kitty or go home, as they say.

Also, don't share the same PvP spec/gear for PvE. Separate the two as if you were playing different games.

Practice, practice, practice. Always keep up Savage Roar, Manglol, Rake, and 5cp Rip. Use Tiger's Fury on cooldown, user berserk with 75+ energy in your pool, and buff/debuff timers are looking solid. Berserk is a time to shred shred shred shred.

I couldn't really check out your armory here at work. sorry.

research, read, get tips, practice, practice, practice.

Quote Originally Posted by NoxSSDK
    Im gemming over the arp cap as im planning to replace my NES trinket as soon as i can find some nice decent trinkets. Im aiming for the hardcap.
    Do not gem over the arp soft cap yet. Your gear doesn't support the hard cap, AND you need 2 good trinkets before you even think about going hard cap. DBW and DV/DC, HWT or WFS are your options, until you get them or a lot of icc gear you should stay at arp soft cap and gem for the crit cap. When/if you start hitting the crit cap (77.8% on your character sheet, assuming a ret paladin or ToW) then gem hit/exp if you're not capped. This should theoretically net you more dps then sitting at 65% arp.

you don't need to waist talents in tank talents, even if you think that an alive kitty does better dps than a dead kitty... you have healers for a reason, have faith, you are there to dps and they are there to keep you alive so specing into tank talents is useless. And if your healers can't keep you alive then you need better healers. My guild runs with 5 healers on 98% of fights in icc 25 and have no problems keeping people alive so if you dying alot then your healers are either lacking in gear or they just don't know what they are doing.

survival instincts is extremely useful in late icc and heroic icc and ilotp is all about utility. The only dps you're losing by taking these two talent's is 9% less damage on a move you use 5 times.. most feral's would rather have a cd in an oh shit moment and lose 20 dps, rather than gaining 20 dps and dieing.

healer's can't always save you, if someone does something dumb they might have to choose whether to save the tank or a dps, why not help them out in that decision by saving yourself? raiding is about teamwork, not tunnel visioning

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I went ahead and took iLotP after the patch and dropped Imp. Mangle. With the change to mangle duration you're only saving 6 energy every minute. I decided to go for the raid utility over that miniscule energy savings, particularly since I'm the only feral.

Quote Originally Posted by lumenos
    I went ahead and took iLotP after the patch and dropped Imp. Mangle. With the change to mangle duration you're only saving 6 energy every minute. I decided to go for the raid utility over that miniscule energy savings, particularly since I'm the only feral.
    6 energy every minute on half the boss fights, the other half you're hitting mangle 4 times the normal amount. i've had ilotp since i hit 80 being the only feral druid ever, and the 20-30 dps i've lost from not having 4/5 or 5/5 FA has never been an issue.

being able to save yourself in an oh shit moment is a personal preference, and as i've said before i'd rather be a useful dps (with utility talents) then a tunnel vision dps (and gain 20 dps)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylis
    you don't need to waist talents in tank talents, even if you think that an alive kitty does better dps than a dead kitty... you have healers for a reason, have faith, you are there to dps and they are there to keep you alive so specing into tank talents is useless. And if your healers can't keep you alive then you need better healers. My guild runs with 5 healers on 98% of fights in icc 25 and have no problems keeping people alive so if you dying alot then your healers are either lacking in gear or they just don't know what they are doing.
    Considering you can get all the important DPS talents plus SI, NI, ILotP, it'd be silly NOT to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiie
    Erm. If you're concerned about maximizing your dps, you will not have points for all of the above. If you want to trade DPS for utility, which means you're no longer interested in maximizing your dps, then your statement is true. At this point, there is no spec that would not otherwise sacrifice maximum dps for utility.

Well sure, if you view it that way. But Feral Aggression is not an -important- DPS talent. Don't act like utility talents don't increase DPS, or noone would spec feral swiftness or feral charge

I respeced today and got rid of Imp Mangle seeing as its 1 free shred every 7mins.. it seems a waste. I took Primal Tenacity because i alwayas get gay fears.. and get feared on BQL were i dont wanna go. So reducing the fear time keeps me alive more and stops me splashing overs. I am holding as much DKP i can lol so i can get DBW next week as it dident drop this week might get the T10 legs for expertise and more arp (i know i shouldent focus) but :P its nice. a guildy swayed me away from chest atm as he is now suffering and gemming for hit as it dropped low..

Its for 25man raids. I hardly go 10man I hope i can tomorrow... We somtimes have an enhancement shaman who does Tremor but.. somtimes we dont i will mess abit with talents till im happy ^^ doing over 8-9k atm so its ok