Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hit issues as fury

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...gerspine&n=Ves

I'm having this problem with hit. I have 5.34% from gear, 3% from talents and 400 weapon skill and 25 expertise if that actually matters.

I run up to a mob, right click it and "miss miss" pops up on my screen, offhand AND mainhand swings miss. And to put the cherry on top, I've had it happen against lvl76-79 mobs.

So, what am I missing? Did Blizzard suddenly set the hit cap for TG to 99% instead of 100%?

Re: Hit issues as fury

What's your weapon skill?

Quote Originally Posted by dextermorgan
    did you read his post?

400 weapon skill

Quote Originally Posted by Intoeternity
    did you read his post?
    Yes I did. He is hitcapped, misses all the time, sounds like he has like 0 in two-handed X.

Yes I did. He is hitcapped, misses all the time, sounds like he has like 0 in two-handed X.
    I'm not missing all the time. My main hand occasionally misses and it pisses me off.

10+ Year Old Account

From WoWWiki:
    Your base chance to miss while dual wielding is 27% with auto-attack on both hands.
    Your base chance to miss a special attack is 8%.
    You're 8% hit capped for special yellow attacks, not right-clicking a mob and auto-attacking it.

being hit capped as Fury is for Special attacks only aka HS WW BT you will still have white damage misses

Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith
    From WoWWiki:
    You're 8% hit capped for special yellow attacks, not right-clicking a mob and auto-attacking it.
    Was under the impression the hit cap for main hand white swings was only 8%. Ta for your help.

The hard cap is 27% on white hits, 8% on yellow hits. The hard cap isn't something you want to reach, since you'll be loosing alot of other stats for it.
    I don't know too much about warriors, but I think that you should get more hit if you need more rage generation?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Like others have said, 8% means yellow attacks shouldn't miss. Auto attacks will still miss, and your offhand will miss a lot more. All the misses you are seeing could be just from your offhand alone. If you still want more hit, get the 245 badge trinket. It's probably a good upgrade vs what you have right now (obv not the scorpion).

Though one thing I'm not sure of. Whirlwind attacks with your offhand, yet your offhand has much less accuracy. If you have 8% hit, can your offhand WW strike still miss? It's the special attack vs offhand thing, though I think it should land each time. Can anyone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Like others have said, 8% means yellow attacks shouldn't miss. Auto attacks will still miss, and your offhand will miss a lot more. All the misses you are seeing could be just from your offhand alone. If you still want more hit, get the 245 badge trinket. It's probably a good upgrade vs what you have right now (obv not the scorpion).

Though one thing I'm not sure of. Whirlwind attacks with your offhand, yet your offhand has much less accuracy. If you have 8% hit, can your offhand WW strike still miss? It's the special attack vs offhand thing, though I think it should land each time. Can anyone confirm?
    even thou you hit with your offhand on WW it still counts as a main hand attack as far as the 8% to hit

It is, cause you need 8% for special attacks (Bloodthirst, WW, etc.), while you need (correct me if I'm wrong) 27% for white hits while dual wielding..

Read forums (Q/A) and EJ - you would've found it within 1min.

Oh and btw, get 1 more expertise (you should aim for 26)

The 8 % cap strictly applies to specials, you're going to miss a number of white swings.

Numerous times has both mh/oh white attacks missed at the start of a pull, makes for shit rage generation and put me near last place for DPS until things pick back up
    A hero of war, yeah that's what I'll be. And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me

Well that happens to all warriors

786.96 hit rating is required for hard cap (the white melee auto attacks).

163.95 Hit rating for softcap, thats for the spells only, doubt you miss alot with WW and BT.

source: http://wow-heroes.com/hitcalculator.php
    Azeroth and Kalimdor and Northrend and Outland

it happens to me quite often as well, but its not any fault of yours just an unfortunate RNG
    blah blah blah, I post win, sometimes.

To clear things up I have heared times and times again people spreading wrong informations so might as well clear most of it up once and for all.

If you are using a 2h, only 1 1h with offhand, shield or simply empty then the miss chance on special attacks (heroic strike, mortal strike) is 8% and the miss chance on white attacks is also 8%

It used to be 9% in vanilla and tbc but testing in wolk show 8%.

If you are dwing then your special miss chance is still 8% but your white is 27%

There is no such ting as off hand capped or off hand miss. It simply a cases that using 2 weapons makes BOTH mh and oh have a higher chance to miss.

Also if the issue is rage then /charge /zerker stance can be quite help full when you are questing and in raids being rage starved for 5 sec should mean very little when you look at damage done over a 5min fight.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Atty

I'm having this problem with hit. I have 5.34% from gear, 3% from talents and 400 weapon skill and 25 expertise if that actually matters.

I run up to a mob, right click it and "miss miss" pops up on my screen, offhand AND mainhand swings miss. And to put the cherry on top, I've had it happen against lvl76-79 mobs.

So, what am I missing? Did Blizzard suddenly set the hit cap for TG to 99% instead of 100%?
    Random number generator is random.

It happens. Some nights it happens a lot for me. I've got 290 hit with 3/3 precision and 31/31 expertise, so I am WAY over caps right now (working on it) and will notice 6 misses in a row on some fights, sometimes more than once. It sucks because fury is penalized so heavily for a miss, especially two. That's when I'll pop berserker rage, which is about the only countermeasure we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Atty

u will always have white misses on autoattack, to remove the yellow parry/dodge on ur special attacks u need 26 exp, the soft hit cap for fury is 164 with talents, there is no point to aim for the white hardcap cause thats around 900-1k +hit = u would have to sacrify tons of other more important stats