Thread: moonkin haste

moonkin haste

ive noticed quite a few moonkins gemming sp/haste gems and i was wondering if i should to, i have enough badges to regem so thats not really an issue
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=X%C3%ABran
    theres a link to my armoy. thanks

Re: moonkin haste

You're well under soft crit cap. With the t10 idol, you need about ~31-32% crit in caster. With FocusMagic, you need ~28-29. And you should never be using 20 haste gems. SP, SP/Haste, SP/Crit, SP/Spr. You also have 3 SP/Spr gems when you only need two. Get rid of the one in the helm, it's a damned red socket.

Replace all of your haste and sp/haste with sp/crit. That will give you +60 crit, which is 1.33% crit or something.

Of course, if you're trying to use the same gear for resto/boom, then that's something completely else.

+20 Haste/Crit gems are always bad. You should always use 12 SP + 10 Haste/Crit/Hit/Spirit, or 23 SP if the socket bonus is not overly decent and you are over the caps.

You should replace the hit trinket, as you got way too much anyway (you can gem for 40 hit). Use Eye of the Broodmother if you don't have another current trinket.

Other than that, as long as you are over the haste softcap but below the crit softcap, you should gem SP+crit instead of haste.
    Your talent build is a bit odd, too.

The crit soft-cap for lunar is : 1575,5 - (Int / 3)

That is for 100% crit under Lunar Eclipse, fully raid-buffed. (Int is fully buffed as well, use Wrathcalc or simcraft to figure yours)

As for the haste soft cap (which is 1sec Wrath under NG and fully raid-buffed) it is 400, which means any haste above 400 doesn't give you any benefit for Wrath

The reason why you might be seeing other moonkins gemming haste is because after you reach both the haste softcap and then the crit softcap, haste becomes marginally better than crit.

But as the posters above have said, you are not at the crit softcap. So until you can reach the crit softcap with gear, you should not be gemming haste.

Real question is the following;

How the hell did you manage to get that gear without knowing how to gem?

Never gem +20 haste, go with SP, SP/SPR or SP/Crit, if you're lacking haste you can throw in a couple SP/Haste.
    And as the poster above said, when you're both haste and crit softcapped it's better to go with haste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Muimui
    The crit soft-cap for lunar is : 1575,5 - (Int / 3)

That is for 100% crit under Lunar Eclipse, fully raid-buffed. (Int is fully buffed as well, use Wrathcalc or simcraft to figure yours)

As for the haste soft cap (which is 1sec Wrath under NG and fully raid-buffed) it is 400, which means any haste above 400 doesn't give you any benefit for Wrath
    Not everyone, me for example, have an elemental shaman in raids. Or might miss the 5% from lazy locks...
    Anyway, if you do have all the +crit buffs you should gem sp+haste once you reach 31% out of form, and sp+crit before that... never use any non-hybrid gems except 23 SP. if the socket bonus require 2 non-red gems, its often not worth the bonus.
    Also, might wanna try to loose some hitrating