Paladin Tank Rotation

ATM when i'm tanking on my paladin alt, I find myself mashing holy shield, hammer of rightousness, concercrate, judgement and shield of (forget the name, but basically paladin shield slam). I can JUST ABOUT manage to keep them all off CD, but i was wondering what priority shoud I give the moves on a single target threat fight, and do i really need all of them?
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Re: Paladin Tank Rotation

The 969 rotation is considered the best by most. For it you alternate 9 and 6 second cds and no global cds are wasted.(you have to have 1 point in imp judgments and not have glyph of consecration for this to work0

Deleted

Google is hard...
    Anyway, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QjxZGCAjRY

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

You should read the stickies about the optimal paladin rotation. However, if your dps sucks (raid's), you can only mash a couple of buttons and pay attentions mostly to defensive abilities cuz it will take a while and your healers will probably go oom In all other cases you should go with this list of priorities:

1. Be top aggro
    2. Stay alive

Adjust to what omen tells you.

You spec 1/2 improved judgements, you do NOT glyph consecrate, then you alternate a Short Cooldown (ShoR, HotR) with a Long Cooldown (HS, Judge, Cons).

example is like: HotR, Judge, Shor, Cons, HotR, HS, ShoR, Judge, HotR, Cons, ShoR, HS.

That would be repeated for the entire duration of the fight assuming you had nothing else to click on for the whole fight.

You can, if you want, glyph AS and weave that into the rotation in the place of a Holy Shield.

Basically 969 rotation is best because there is always something to press, every GCD there is an ability that needs using, zero downtime = max TPS. Any kind of FCFS that isn't 969 involves some measure of downtime (.5 sec here, .5 sec there) and while it isn't totally detrimental to your TPS, it isn't optimal.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Solandrys

thanks for he help guys
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by luthe
    Quote Originally Posted by SpacedOut
    (...) i was wondering what priority shoud I give the moves on a single target threat fight, and do i really need all of them?
    You spec 1/2 improved judgements, you do NOT glyph consecrate, then you alternate a Short Cooldown (ShoR, HotR) with a Long Cooldown (HS, Judge, Cons).

example is like: HotR, Judge, Shor, Cons, HotR, HS, ShoR, Judge, HotR, Cons, ShoR, HS.

That would be repeated for the entire duration of the fight assuming you had nothing else to click on for the whole fight.

You can, if you want, glyph AS and weave that into the rotation in the place of a Holy Shield.
    Follow Luthe's advice, as far as to get the grip of it. If you want to have free GCDs, drop some 9 abiliies :
    • single target encounters/phases : skip Consecration and every second Judgement
    • AoE, static : skip Holy Shield and Judgement
    • AoE, movement-intensive : skip Holy Shield and Consecration

Quote Originally Posted by luthe
    Basically 969 rotation is best because there is always something to press, every GCD there is an ability that needs using, zero downtime = max TPS. Any kind of FCFS that isn't 969 involves some measure of downtime (.5 sec here, .5 sec there) and while it isn't totally detrimental to your TPS, it isn't optimal.
    No. 6/9 is a conditional FCFS, not an output-optimal one. It provides maximum DPS/TPS output, given maximum HS/JotJ uptime.

[url=http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=6&t=25582&rb_v=viewtopic#p484661]]. Keep in mind that it's intended for advanced players only. You have been warned. ;D

you can also install
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...uperMacro.html

and put the whole rotation in it.