Herald of the Titans Gear List

EDIT: Looking for anyone to post what the used gear wise for their attempts.

My guild and I are in the process of setting this up. I can't find other gear lists anywhere and I was hoping someone would share theirs...

Currently I have things such as:

Ranged: The Diplomat (232)
    Wep: Fordragon Blades (232)
    Tier: 4 Piece 25 Man (226)
    Trinkets: Greatness/Pyrite possibly Dark Matter/Wrathstone if I can get my hands on it.
    And all the badge gear.

There has to be someone out there that has theorycrafted all this into a gear list. So I would love any suggestions <3

Re: Herald of the Titans Gear List

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth
    Hi all,
    On my realm I am part of a group planning to PuG the Herald of the Titans Achievment (Yes, we pug alot of achievments). I am just wondering about gear to use on it. According to http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=3316 the rules are something like: nothing HIGHER than 226 Gear (So "essentially" uld10 only). I am just wondering if anyone has done this ach and if they have any tips.

I will be posting my gear that I will be using soon, so stay tuned

Iirc, they change it so that it's any gear of a level obtainable in Ulduar 10, which means hardmodes as well. Hardmode Uld10 gear is iLevel 232, so you should be fine using any combination of gear from Uld10 Reg, Uld10 Hard Modes, Uld25 Reg, and the Icecrown 5man heroics.

Can I also make the suggestion that you might want to consider going Survival for the attempt? Ulduar saw Marks starting to pull ahead in hardmode 25man gear, but the gear level required for HotT is low enough that SV is probably higher dps. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Elam
    Iirc, they change it so that it's any gear of a level obtainable in Ulduar 10, which means hardmodes as well. Hardmode Uld10 gear is iLevel 232, so you should be fine using any combination of gear from Uld10 Reg, Uld10 Hard Modes, Uld25 Reg, and the Icecrown 5man heroics.
    Through a little unfortunate trial and error, I discovered it's somewhat more specific than that. It's up to 226 in all of your item slots except the weapon slots, where it is permissible to use up to 232 gear. Those seem to be the only 2 rules, however, since it doesn't appear to matter where the item comes from so long as it stays at or below the maximum iLevel requirement.

Edit: To clarify, the item level of Ulduar 10 Heroic gear is 232 for all weapons and 226 for everything else that drops. That is why the rules for Herald are as they are.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, especially if properly sharpened and in the hands of a well trained ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Daos
    Through a little unfortunate trial and error, I discovered it's somewhat more specific than that. It's up to 226 in all of your item slots except the weapon slots, where it is permissible to use up to 232 gear. Those seem to be the only 2 rules, however, since it doesn't appear to matter where the item comes from so long as it stays at or below the maximum iLevel requirement.

Edit: To clarify, the item level of Ulduar 10 Heroic gear is 232 for all weapons and 226 for everything else that drops. That is why the rules for Herald are as they are.
    Oooh, yea, you're right. Totally forgot that it was weapon specific. :3

So pleased they didn't add an achievement like this in Icecrown. Got tired of being expected to hold onto gear for this achievement 6 months after some others have done it.

t8,5+ ulduar 10 hardmode gear.
    NO Icecrown or ToC gear!
    max ilevel 226 (!) ranged weapon

still easy as shit >< Most difficult part is to get that gear together. (oneshotted him without casualties back then)

Im pretty sure you have to use the none epic ammo too since that has an Ilvl

not sure tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Heltoray
    max ilevel 226 (!) ranged weapon
    No -- you can use a 232 ranged. The Magnetized Projectile gun from XT10 hard is included, and it's 232.

Quote Originally Posted by Skybluesky
    No -- you can use a 232 ranged. The Magnetized Projectile gun from XT10 hard is included, and it's 232.
    ^
    You can also try to get a decent weapon/ranged from ToC10. Everything in that instance is iLvl 232.
    Just note that any gear other than weapons from ToC10 would not be viable for this achievement.
    FOR THE HORDE

bump for responces

What do you think about going MM for Herald instead of Survival (it was so damn popular back then), with Grim Toll/Mjolnir and softcapped?

That would be something like that- http://www.wowhead.com/profile=21391488
    (it's kinda sort of BiS possible gear, so many- like me- won't probably get most of these items)

anyone have a list for prot warriors, like whats best?. i already have my weap/sheild/trinkets just curious which teir pieces and the other stuff.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbo
    anyone have a list for prot warriors, like whats best?. i already have my weap/sheild/trinkets just curious which teir pieces and the other stuff.
    Perhaps ask in the warrior section.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Maiean
    What do you think about going MM for Herald instead of Survival (it was so damn popular back then), with Grim Toll/Mjolnir and softcapped?
    People used soft cap back then because that was before it got nerfed. It's not advisable any longer.