Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

DPS will be 20k+dps in Cataclysm if they follow the trend

I don't know why the old thread was locked. I searched some old data and put in in a spreadsheet and it confirms, that WOW AVERAGE raid-boss dps all damage dealers are doing, is increasing exponentially:

Cataclysm we should see 20k+ dps or even more
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Re: DPS will be 20k+dps in Cataclysm if they follow the trend

YES MORE BIG NUMBERS I LOVE IT!

but really, bosses are gonna have more HP and bleh bleh blah its not gonna change a thing, just biger numbers and e-peens
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "Grmblblmbmlbmlbmlb Stalker"

I like big numbers indeed... Tho too much, is too much. Wotlk, kinda made a new meaning for numbers.

looking at your chart...

you say people only did 2-3k dps in naxx25? i know affli locks where scrahitting 5k in there...
    and your curve is wayyy too steam how many single target fights do you know where people are generaly hitting 15k? mnaybe aoe happy mele fights, but no. if you run on an average run of the whole instance rather then 1-2 bossfigths in there you will bee the average dps of an icc25 is roughly 9-12k and in naxx25 it was 4-5k (im talking about guided runs not pugs, and only from my experience)

anyways i think your curv is a tad too steep however...i dont think 20k dps will be far off in cata but not right away.

1500DPS in SSC/TK?
    1800DPS in BT/SWP?

I do think I was really good in hunter DPS'ing, but ther's sure people better than me, and I had 2700DPS just at the RoS or 2600 at Gruul's..

Numbers are screwed...2-3k DPS in Naxx25?..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by saracen
    looking at your chart...

you say people only did 2-3k dps in naxx25? i know affli locks where scrahitting 5k in there...
    and your curve is wayyy too steam how many single target fights do you know where people are generaly hitting 15k? mnaybe aoe happy mele fights, but no. if you run on an average run of the whole instance rather then 1-2 bossfigths in there you will bee the average dps of an icc25 is roughly 9-12k and in naxx25 it was 4-5k (im talking about guided runs not pugs, and only from my experience)

anyways i think your curv is a tad too steep however...i dont think 20k dps will be far off in cata but not right away.

Wrong

Naxx 25 3-3.5k was pretty much BiS.

And in ICC 25, he isn't saying people will be hitting 15k, that's the top of the meter, slightly to the right of ICC 25.
    His ICC 25 is ~12k. which is what most people will be doing in that gear.
    Most of my guild does ~10k in average icc 25 gear.

I find this more or less accurate, but i understand what you're trying to say.

IMHO they need to reset everything. lower health, lower stats etc.
    I 3d print stuff

Sunwell dps hit 2.4k dps as a firemage i am sure some got even higher. Naxx 25 DPS was 4-6k dps partly due to some very op buffs like mage scorch being 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by saracen
    looking at your chart...
    All numbers are average - not "whoa best singletarget dps ever reached"
    The 15k ICC25 is speculation based on full 30% buff + ICC25 Hardmode Gear. In full 264 normal mode gear with 5% buff 10k dps is average now.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Try looking at your dps numbers for instances which seem a bit off, and add dummy variables for "tbc" and "wotlk" and you should get a much more accurate model. Will be much more linear, with jumps at the expansion releases.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderweiss
    Sunwell dps hit 2.4k dps as a firemage i am sure some got even higher. Naxx 25 DPS was 4-6k dps partly due to some very op buffs like mage scorch being 10%.
    When naxx25 was first released, 2.5k was the ordinary DPS. Some got higher, but this is average.

Deleted

Where did you get your numbers? And you should be using Ilvl's or tiers instead of Raid instances, making it alot easier to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos
    I searched some old data
    Old data from where? Which classes are included? Were these players from top raiding guilds or mediocre raiders? They could eventually just level things off slowly and have Cataclysm dps be somewhere in the range of 8-9k early on with it maxing out around 12-15k towards the end. Keep in mind they are re-working the talent trees so we can only guess at what that will do to overall dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Runicblood

Wrong

Naxx 25 3-3.5k was pretty much BiS.

And in ICC 25, he isn't saying people will be hitting 15k, that's the top of the meter, slightly to the right of ICC 25.
    His ICC 25 is ~12k. which is what most people will be doing in that gear.
    Most of my guild does ~10k in average icc 25 gear.

I find this more or less accurate, but i understand what you're trying to say.

IMHO they need to reset everything. lower health, lower stats etc.
    erm..if you bring in the whole of the naxx25 tier with mally ect..people where hitting 5k (not just locks) and im talking about a while before uld was brought out. 3-3.5 was an average pleayer in bis gear.

Well again this can be disporptioned by AoE, rather than the whole single target thing. Don't forget that the situation plays a major factor in the 'DPS' certain classes do at certain places, which does not always reflect on DPS and damage done by players overall.

Take a look at this Dmg and DPS recount listing, from an ICC 10 man I was in last night.

I rest my case.

Your Naxxramas numbers are - sorry - useless.

I know from my own experience as a DK, that i was pulling 2k dps in naxx10 with heroic-gear, pulling 3k on my first 25naxx run and being able to top 6k on Patchwerk easily ... and ive seen parses of DKs reaching up to 9k dps on Patchwerk too...

at this point i was in a mediocre guild, we cleared Naxx just before Ulduar was released, so no BiS gear or stuff was involved from my part...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    2600 at Gruul's..

Numbers are screwed...2-3k DPS in Naxx25?..
    2600 in T4? o.O

Around 1100-1400 was mid-T5, 1600- 1.7k mid BT, 2k -2.5k Mid sunwell(Brut took 2300 iirc?).

Around 1500, 1900, and 3k for the top ends of each.

From what I remember, as a lock, atleast. (Main memory is a hunter of ours topping the meter on a fight and going "Omg guys, I think I just did 1.3k!" mid T5, and remembering a log I had from a Illidan where I did 1600. Sunwell I was pulling around 2.5k on brut, so yeah)

Early Nax needed around 2.5k (Needed, not done), but people did around 3k. Mid Naxx people did around 4k, then Late nax (Right before 3.1) I saw parses of 5k (I think a mage from fusion did 7k?)

Ulduar I was breaking 7k the first night (Lawls conflag buff), and around 6k the weeks after.

Now, we are around the mid-ICC area and people are doing around 12k (Source) average on fights like normal festergut(Not counting hardmodes, because they generally need more movement anyway, so meh).

Not sure how you got the 15k number.(@op) But assuming that dps continues to scale, it might go up to 13kish

Now, GC has said "We want to keep healing and dps about the same, but health scale better" or something along those lines.

Assuming this is correct, and it happens, we would be looking at around 10k needed for T11, with people doing around 13k average (And prolly have people breaking 15k+). By the end of Cata we might see 30k, but I'd bet it would be more around 20k average.

*Note: None of my averages where done with math! All pulling numbers that looks like averages(Of the link) out of my ass. They will prolly come out higher than the real average if you want to do the math, however.

Also, from my memories, keep in mind they were that. And only from my guild.

**Note 2: Just noticed for my averages I used the Max parses of each class....woops. So yeah, the averages are going to be even lower for my T10 thinger.

Ive got to admit anyways, that the DK-Numbers in Naxxramas were ridiculous anyways since DW was so overpowered that deathknigt dps droped by alot when it was disabled ^^

You were not hitting 2600 dps as a hunter in gruul's. Maybe at level 80. In gruul's, people breaking 1k were doing well.
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

the numbers are terribly wrong and they SHOULD vary from class to class.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by venom1234
    In gruul's, people breaking 1k were doing well.
    From my old guild site (Amg it's still around)

Dear Pew-pew,

I'm very happy to see that as we delve deeper into 25-man our raid DPS
    level is steadily rising. We went from barely hitting 7K DPS on Gruul up
    to 9K in recent raids.

However that does not mean we should stop trying to improve. On the
    contrary each player has to work harder. There is no such thing as "my
    DPS is good enough". Even though there may be players delivering less
    DPS than you, they may be filling a crucial class position or are
    responsible for CC/other tasks during the fight.

So everyone needs to take a look at their reports. As people upgrade their
    gear new talent builds and rotations become viable. I honestly cannot
    keep up with theory-crafting for all 9 classes. That is your responsibility as
    competent raiders.

Lets set the DPS goal to 1K
    9k dps for the whole raid.

Zomg

Also, from the same site

Most of the late T4 and early T5 raid contents is based around the 500 sustained DPS benchmark. It's not purely a gear check, and more of a skill+gear check. Understanding class mechanics, talents and itemization are the keys to success.

All pew-pew Happy classes should read the following thread:

http://blessingofkings.blogspot.com/...rs-so-bad.html
    Good times.