When / Should I give MM a try.

I have been reading about MM being the "highest dps" if you have enough arp/ High end ranged weapon. And I am curious to know what you hunters out there think about my gear and whether or not I should give it a try now or wait for better gear.

My armory is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...her&cn=Zandali

I have a few pieces i have upgraded today and havent logged out and back in yet so it may not reflect that... I'll do that soon.

thank you

Re: When / Should I give MM a try.

Apparently I posted twice... Please disregard and if a Mod could please delete that would be great.

10+ Year Old Account

Dont go MM til you get rid of that green trinket
    Dont go MM til you have 750ish ArP ungemmed
    Dont go MM til you have less hit rating.. 160 with the 3% talent(focused aim) and 260 w/o it
    "Either you're a noob or a pro. That's life."

trinket is gone... like i said my armory hasnt update o.O

10+ Year Old Account

Obtain a ilvl 232+ ranged weapon and then MM should pull ahead other wise your ArP etc. is great for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    It would appear the world is retardeding at a pace much more rapid than previously anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelbak-Illidan
    Obtain a ilvl 232+ ranged weapon and then MM should pull ahead other wise your ArP etc. is great for it.

I have the 232 Crossbow from H PoS

Quote Originally Posted by Retadino
    Dont go MM til you have 750ish ArP ungemmed
    No, that's not true. Just the same, the OP's gear is not at the point where MM is as good as SV. The ranged weapon is the main issue. (But this information is readily available elsewhere, and the OP hasn't bothered to check it out. This question can be answered at femaledwarf.)

I have looked at other sources I just wanted experienced hunter's opinions nothing more.

Ok... I had another post that was a duplicate post but, was more constructive to say the least than this one, and I wanted to post this there. Anyways to the point.

My armory is updated except for the enchants on my helm, pants, shoulders, boots, and cloak. I assure they are indeed enchanted.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...her&cn=Zandali

So with that being said right now I am sitting on 479 ArP plus the needle encrusted scorpion (Chance on hit to increase arp by 678)

Right now I am specced into Imp Arcane Shot. I wanted to know if / when I should drop Arcane shot from my rotation. I've read somewhere in the realm of 500 ArP and once again I have looked at other sources but, I prefer the opinions from experienced players rather than just a guide (Don't get me wrong I do use them alot)

Thank you in advance.

I would to know from your, should i still Suv or go MM here is my armory http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ers&cn=Lilruff Apen is at 192

When I raid with my guild I am being beat on the recount by the other three Hunter who are MM.I try MM 3 week ago but I was going out of MANA to fast, so I want back to Suv.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomgo
    Ok... I had another post that was a duplicate post but, was more constructive to say the least than this one, and I wanted to post this there. Anyways to the point.

My armory is updated except for the enchants on my helm, pants, shoulders, boots, and cloak. I assure they are indeed enchanted.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...her&cn=Zandali

So with that being said right now I am sitting on 479 ArP plus the needle encrusted scorpion (Chance on hit to increase arp by 678)

Right now I am specced into Imp Arcane Shot. I wanted to know if / when I should drop Arcane shot from my rotation. I've read somewhere in the realm of 500 ArP and once again I have looked at other sources but, I prefer the opinions from experienced players rather than just a guide (Don't get me wrong I do use them alot)

Thank you in advance.
    The other thread was a duplicate thread, and so was removed. Sorry for deleting your question while I was at it.

You need level 10 to go MM, simple

4,000 Unbuffed Attack Power(Preferably without Trueshot Aura or Dragonhawk turned on).

35% unbuffed Critical Strike Chance.

Item Level 226 and up ranged weapon.

Now, you could get by with slightly lesser stats and pull somewhat less DPS than a Survival specced Hunter in equal gear, but in order to do so, you need the damage provided by a iLevel 226+ ranged weapon. Making the switch prior to an iLevel 226+ weapon will have you either barely above, or below a BM hunter in equivalent gear.
    These are the numbers on the Marksmanship Sticky from the official wow forums.

Making the switch to MM is not dependent on ArP at all. It's a very viable spec with low ArP levels and gemming agility, provided you have the ranged weapon to support it's damage. Survival is better at low gear levels because ExS is based off AP and not weapon damage, while BM is better than MM because it has a heavy lean towards pet damage. At high levels, MM pulls ahead due to ArP and really strong ranged weapons, but at low gear levels the ArP isn't important.