Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tranquility to hit raid insted of group?

What would be the downside of makeing this heal go raid wide???? It has a 10 min CD unless you spec into it which makes it 5 min CD... woah I could use it maby two times in a encounter! WOOOT!

I raid alot with my guild in 25 mans and the Tranquility spell hardly gets used even in 10 mans.... Its a beautiful spell and would be amazing if it did heal the raid.

Maby to lower the "OP'ness" of this spell make it only Resto druids can cast, and make them "Spec" into it, just make them spend the 2 points in the resto tree already for the tranquility but remove the lowered CD so its still 10 Min CD?

Re: Tranquility to hit raid insted of group?

haha didnt even know it didnt heal the whole raid shows you what i know about healing

15+ Year Old Account

Tranquility should be like Priest's 80 ability (can't remember name).

See, there is a way using old content gear and the correct spec to lower tranq's CD to 0 (or almost 0), making it spammable. If it were to hit the raid, most raid groups would start stacking resto druids just for the ezmode heals they provide.

They won't go OoM spamming it due to OoC.

The heals are big enough as offset pieces can still be 264+

All gems could be epic, same goes to enchants.

Simply put it, it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    See, there is a way using old content gear and the correct spec to lower tranq's CD to 0 (or almost 0), making it spammable. If it were to hit the raid, most raid groups would start stacking resto druids just for the ezmode heals they provide.

It could happen, it's not too difficult to change those CD lowering talents and gear.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii

LOL what tier is that??? And how many peices would you need to lower the CD to 0? Also did you not read the part where I said REMOVE the CD to be lowered when you spec into it? So your telling me theres a way to remove a 10 min CD? Go do that see how strong your heals are then.

It really should just hit 5 targets per tick. Any 5 targets. (Preferably smart heal)
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Its the cenarion gear, from MC, I have the full 8 pieces its the full set bonus to get it to 0 cd, its not bad actually in the resto gear i have as my offspec in the off slots my tranq is ticking for around 5.5k per tick, and you can spam forever when OoC procs its pretty insane I tried healing heroics with it with a friend and its pretty amazing for some heroics

Good fun!

that would jsut be horrid. paladins dhamans and priests would cease to be brought to raids.

there are 2 ways it would be possible tho.
    1) hits 5 targets, probably the 5 targets with lowest %of health, per tick
    2)heal the raid for a TOTAL of around 2500 per tick. this doesn not mean everyone gets hit for 2500, it would mean taht in a 25 man raid each person would be hit for 100, and in 10 man each person would be hit for 250 per tick
    merely-a-setback protodrake

I remember with the change to Lay on Hands there was a theorised way to get a LoH with no cooldown, effectively spammable.
    But Blizzard changed the old tier so this was no longer possible =(

Quote Originally Posted by Lorliean
    What would be the downside of makeing this heal go raid wide???? It has a 10 min CD unless you spec into it which makes it 5 min CD... woah I could use it maby two times in a encounter! WOOOT!

I raid alot with my guild in 25 mans and the Tranquility spell hardly gets used even in 10 mans.... Its a beautiful spell and would be amazing if it did heal the raid.

Maby to lower the "OP'ness" of this spell make it only Resto druids can cast, and make them "Spec" into it, just make them spend the 2 points in the resto tree already for the tranquility but remove the lowered CD so its still 10 Min CD?
    Yea it is a party bound healing skill so its really shit for the most part however there are some uses for it for example my guild uses it a lot on heroic twins instead of switching colors for the vortex. It will keep you alive through it and the vortex. It has come in handy a lot for me in 10 mans as well and on heroic saurfang. Just make sure you know who is in your party and use it wisely, however I suggest you don't spec into it because it doesn't come in handy that much.

I wouldn't say no to a raid-wide Tranquility smart heal, working like Divine Hymn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommorello
    that would jsut be horrid. paladins dhamans and priests would cease to be brought to raids.
    WTF? Are you serious? Don't be that guy who yells when a new spell or item comes in the game "ZOMG YOUR GONNA RUIN THE GAME!" have some sense. If they removed any possible way to reduce the CD so its not possible to spam it more then ONCE PER 10 MIN. SPAN. How would that replace a Pally with beacon or Priest with divine hymn and all their buffs??? Or a shaman and his/her totems?

Its a spell thats used once per 10 min... what you guys gonna complain if Bliz makes Tremor totem raid wide as well?

A raid wide channeled smart heal seems kind of OP to me. And Yes I agree that the priest AoE thingy is OP too.

But I do feel like Tranquility should be improved somehow. It's just that even if you could get full 100% effectiveness off Tranquility, you'd still probably put out more HPS by just doing lifebloom / rejuv / swiftmend / wildgrowth rotations.

Obv the OP has some issues

They could make it still have a 5-target restriction but heal the 5 lowest health raid members per tick, and change the old set bonus. The only argument I could see against it is because Blizzard might see it as too close to Divine Hymn, the same reason they won't change Lightwell into a healing pulse as it would be too close to Healing Stream.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorliean

LOL what tier is that??? And how many peices would you need to lower the CD to 0? Also did you not read the part where I said REMOVE the CD to be lowered when you spec into it? So your telling me theres a way to remove a 10 min CD? Go do that see how strong your heals are then.
    The first druid Tier. You'll need the whole set.

Deleted

Imo, it should heal the 10 in your raid with least HP...

Deleted

One of the most interesting adaptations that could be made to tranquility would be to make it the healing based equivalent of divine sacrifice. Whilst divine sacrifice works through absorption, a reworked tranquility would have a standard amount of healing (the current total base healing is 30360) that could be split fully between the number of people in the group. For example, in a 25 man raid, each person in range would take 1214 healing (without spellpower modifiers) over 8 seconds. By keeping the comparatively long cooldown, this then makes tranquility a button you push when it really feels like the raid could do with some extra healing over your own HoTs and what the other healers are contributing.

Alternatively, tranquility could be reworked to be a "heroism" of healing without a channel time, creating an aura around the druid that increases healing and absorption taken by X% for Y seconds. In such a manner, all healers could benefit from the casting of the spell and it could actually be a provision of a cooldown which druids are lacking though one centred around raid preservation with a small benefit to tank survivability.

15+ Year Old Account

Ghostcrawler has stated there is no plans to make Tranqulity raidwide.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre