How are Owl/Ret in 2v2s?

Me and my friend are going to be making a 2v2 team, me being the Moonkin and him being the pally. How are they in 2v2s? And does anyone have any suggestions on a good spec for that team?
    The dust dreams of the world it had once been. But the dust, alas, does not command the wind.

Re: How are Owl/Ret in 2v2s?

Yes that is what I am going to be. Can I get someone less "slow in the head" to help me?
    The dust dreams of the world it had once been. But the dust, alas, does not command the wind.

Yes I do get what you are saying. But I have also heard that it has gotten better, so before I take your advice and just not even bother, I am just gonna get a few more opinions k?

i did this kind of 2v2 back in 3.2. we first started with my friend as resto but we had serious trouble vs other heal/dps team without any mortal strike debuff and only ret burst (yeah ret burst is good but not always enough).
    So we tryed boomkin/ret and found it pretty insane. my friend sometimes took time to hot and was doing nice dmg i was doing my best to help him survive with sacred shield, bop, some flash and burst our main target. we went to 1600 rating thats not pretty good but we didnt work on it a lot and stopped early to play together. I think think you can go to 1850 if you play well together like most of combo. still prefered mark hunt as 2v2 partner on my ret but you cant wait for any heal if in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by phenom588
    Me and my friend are going to be making a 2v2 team, me being the Moonkin and him being the pally. How are they in 2v2s? And does anyone have any suggestions on a good spec for that team?
    You asked for a spec, he was suggesting that you spec Moonkin.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Priests will receive Blood Strike and the ability to wield two handed swords

Togepii, being a smart ass is cool, you don't need to be a total asshole though...

Phenom, while you can PVE blindly following what you read on whatever site saying this or that is better, when you PVP you make your own game, and different people will like different specs, because they fit they're playstyle better, and unlike PVE you can't theoricraft the best spec/class/comp whatever because every fight is different, and people will adapt to your choices and try to counter them.

If you want hints, go to sk-100, filter balance specced droods and see what spec/gear/etc the top rated guys use. Spec will vary depending if they play with healers or in dps teams, etc etc, so don't follow just the top one blindly and try to look deeper and understand their choices.

From there, you will have to go with something. Once you've done enough arenas with the spec and you start getting somewhere, you can consider the variations you could make to the spec in question and try to figure how much talent X or Y would have helped you over all the fights you had.

Asking for people for a spec is like asking for how much resilience you need... If you feel a little more survivability would have won you a lot of fights, gear sta/resi. If many times someone is left with 500 HP and recovers costing you the game, you probably want to swap in more offensive/pve stats.

...moonkin is fun, don't listen to the haters. If you want to compete for top ranks it's probably gonna be harder then playing resto or feral, but you aren't anywhere close to there yet, so just have fun with your friend

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftz
    Togepii, being a smart ass is cool, you don't need to be a total asshole though...

Phenom, while you can PVE blindly following what you read on whatever site saying this or that is better, when you PVP you make your own game, and different people will like different specs, because they fit they're playstyle better, and unlike PVE you can't theoricraft the best spec/class/comp whatever because every fight is different, and people will adapt to your choices and try to counter them.

If you want hints, go to sk-100, filter balance specced droods and see what spec/gear/etc the top rated guys use. Spec will vary depending if they play with healers or in dps teams, etc etc, so don't follow just the top one blindly and try to look deeper and understand their choices.

From there, you will have to go with something. Once you've done enough arenas with the spec and you start getting somewhere, you can consider the variations you could make to the spec in question and try to figure how much talent X or Y would have helped you over all the fights you had.

Asking for people for a spec is like asking for how much resilience you need... If you feel a little more survivability would have won you a lot of fights, gear sta/resi. If many times someone is left with 500 HP and recovers costing you the game, you probably want to swap in more offensive/pve stats.

...moonkin is fun, don't listen to the haters. If you want to compete for top ranks it's probably gonna be harder then playing resto or feral, but you aren't anywhere close to there yet, so just have fun with your friend
    If you couldn't already tel I am brand new to pvp, so thank you this helped a lot.

I rly like new combos coming out but this particular is very hard to
    implement.I mean it's like you took the weakest speccs
    for 2v2 combined them and w8 to go high.The paladin can't peel you and if he can't peel you you can't dmg anything.I imagine you will have problem with any comp that includes rogue,mage,druid and paladin(holy).Any r1 comp will beat you no matter the skill (smthing that will discourage you quickly).Im rly looking forward to hear how it goes if you decide to play it.My best wishes.

Thanks man, I am at least going to try it, and maybe just switch over to resto or feral later on if it is really that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by lifesavers
    You asked for a spec, he was suggesting that you spec Moonkin.
    No, he already said he was going moonkin and asked for a specific spec. "Moonkin" is not a specific build and thus is not a valid or constructive response.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xGfhiIscdIAuRuZf:RfhmVo is a pvp spec. I don't play a moonkin so I can't really vouch for this spec personally. People who give non constructive one word replies need sanctions.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Yeaaaah.. Moonkins in the arena - No. :

Quote Originally Posted by draticus
    No, he already said he was going moonkin and asked for a specific spec. "Moonkin" is not a specific build and thus is not a valid or constructive response.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xGfhiIscdIAuRuZf:RfhmVo is a pvp spec. I don't play a moonkin so I can't really vouch for this spec personally. People who give non constructive one word replies need sanctions.
    It's a bit off. You're mixing PvE with PvP.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xGcu...uZfbI0b:ifImVM
    If you're having mana issues, switch our IS or Focus for Innvervate. Just cyclone one person to until DR then switch it up and cyclone the other until DR. This will make the healer fall behind and mess up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew
    It's a bit off. You're mixing PvE with PvP.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xGcu...uZfbI0b:ifImVM
    If you're having mana issues, switch our IS or Focus for Innvervate. Just cyclone one person to until DR then switch it up and cyclone the other until DR. This will make the healer fall behind and mess up.
    Ret doesn't even have a slow, and you're gonna skip Glyph of Monsoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Ret doesn't even have a slow, and you're gonna skip Glyph of Monsoon?
    Against melee teams, it's easy to powershift/roots and with a ret applying the pressure they do, only PvE heroes will try to stay offensive through that. All in all, it's about playstyle.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Leathi&gn=Lads
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ehnris&gn=Rage
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ck&cn=Domustie

Three different Gladiators with three different specs and three different playstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Togepii
    Moonkin
    He's not only suggesting a spec, he is also quoting the other team when they pick their tunnel target.

Moonkin in arena... I guess like 1 of 1000 PvP druids are moonkins, which kinda shows how bad they are right now. However, any combo/spec is able to get to 1800 rating, so I wish you best of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

imo go prot and resto 8)