2x Heartpierce or 1 HP and...

Hello,

Just got my second Heartpierce yesterday and I'm thinking about running it in offhand, now I know it's 1.8 and the stats aren't "good". My previous dagger was the Golem Shard Sticker, and with it I did 7743 dps tops on Saurfang 25 yesterday. Should I replace GSS with HP, or is it infact a downgrade? seeing as it's 178 dps vs 226.
    Thanks for your help!

Re: 2x Heartpierce or 1 HP and...

i'd imagine double heartpierce is the way to go, however i know the procs for each weapon do not stack =( just refresh.

With two 1.80 speed daggers your dps is A LOT lower than it would be with 1.8 and 1.4 or so. Mainly due to deadly poisons apply speed, which then gives you more IP procs. In this particular case when the dps is that much higher, I'd just spreadsheet it. I suggest you do the same

I'd use the heartpierce and a 1.4 dagger. I'm not sure what your progression is like, but 2x 1.4 daggers would be bad either, depending on what they are.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm running a Lungbreaker/Rib Spreader and couldn't be happier. You need a 1.4s dagger, your DPS dies without one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Even though GSS is 1.5, its still > than 2x heartpierce.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

HP doesn't stack, just refreshes the buff. It's actually a pretty bad dagger as far as numbers go.

People don't seem to be answering the OP. He's not saying "if I have my choice of any daggers what should I get?"
    He's asking "GSS or HP in OH?"

tbh I'd say spreadshit it. My offspec is mut b/c I can't find a good 1.4 dagger. but i run with 2x HP when I do switch (which is rarely). When I spreadsheet it I find that my HP in OH is better than any ilvl 232 1.4speed dagger in my OH. meaning the sheer better DPS of HP makes it more viable than anything but an ilvl 245 1.4speed dagger or higher (for me at least)

hope I helped! In the end it's always best to spreadsheet, but based on my own spreadsheeting 2x HP seems to be the way to go for now in your predicament. although if you can get in a toc25 or togc10 you can get 245 upgrades for your OH. go nuts

what about for pvp envenom spec? Would the constant refreshing of invigoration outweigh the desirable 1.4 speed offhand?