Resto and Enh addons

Hi,

I recently decided to upgrade my UI for my resto-enh-rl shaman (I'm mostly raiding ICC10).

First of all, I'm looking for a replacement of Grid.
    Grid only shows one debuff icon (with GridStatusRaidDebuff) but I sometimes need more information : duration, multiple debuffs (Unchained Magic, Frost Beacon and Mystic Buffet during Sindragosa for example).
    Do you also know any way to integrate omen (or any aggro alert) into Grid (or its replacement).

I would also like to know how you keep track of your riptides ?
    A small pink square in grid indicates me that the player have the Riptide debuff but without any duration information.
    Ideally I would like a new decreasing-over-time bar for each riptide I throw and on which i can click to select the player.

For Enhancement, I use the Enh module from TotemTimers but it doesn't show the FireNova timer. So I'm looking for an addon that just shows Maelstrom stacks in a nice way.

Last question, do you have any preference for DBM, BW or DXE for raid-awarness/leading ?

Thanks in advance and, as always, sorry for any english mistakes.

Deleted

Re: Resto and Enh addons

Replacing grid seems like a bad idea to me, it is simply the best healing gui out there.

For statusraiddebuffs you can configure the order of importance (for example for sindragosa i have it set to unchained magic > frost beacon > mystic buffet).

For the threatpart, there is a nice plugin that show 3 threatlevels in grid, with colors (configurable) -> low threat, medium threat and high threat.

For your riptide thing you can either use hot candy or ForteXcorcist, i prefer fortexcorcist.

For your maelstrom stacks i think you can configure ShockAndAwe to show that how you want.

DBM is by far the best raidwarning addon, and always the fastest to update changes and new bosses etc (theres a alpha version that usually gets updated multiple times per day, and 99% of the time it is actually stable).

Hopt it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    DBM is by far the best raidwarning addon, and always the fastest to update changes and new bosses etc (theres a alpha version that usually gets updated multiple times per day, and 99% of the time it is actually stable).
    DBM is by far the best raidwarning addon, and always the fastest to update changes and new bosses etc (theres a alpha version that usually gets updated multiple times per day
    DBM is by far the best raidwarning addon, and always the fastest to update changes and new bosses etc
    DBM is by far the best raidwarning addon
    DBM is for the kid raiders.
    DXE is for the hardcore bros.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Izuria
    No "hardcore raider" that i know uses DXE, just face it, 90%+ of raiders uses DBM as raidwarning addon, simply because it is the best at it.
    Now if you have nothing useful to add to the topic just go troll somewhere else.

For resto you might try healbot. Grid certainly looks nicer and fits better into a UI than healbot but it doesn't customize well. With Healbot you can play around with it more and it can show you the stacks of earthshield and the time left on riptide which really makes healing easier.

For enhancement I suggest customizing your own alerts for maelstrom weapon using Power Auras Classic. This way you can create something that really looks good to you and you can have it track maelstrom weapon stacks as well as other important things like when lightning shield drops off and when shamanistic rage is ready.

Thanks for all the answers !

VuhDo is great alternative to grid for both raid leading as well as healing. I switched to it few months ago and it's doing it's job great. Straight out of the box it has following things that grid dont do well, or requires bunch of extra addons:
    -raid boss debuffs
    -click casting
    -automatic trinket activation
    -multiple dot/hot timers on frames
    -automatic layout switching based on number of people in raid

It's not quite as compact as grid if you're looking for smallest possible readable raid frames, and it's not extensible, but it offers everything you need in one neat package.

For shaman specific stuff I'm currently using TotemTimers and ShockAndAwe. There isn't really much competition. If you don't need the priority frame and timer bars from SAA, you'll do just fine with TT alone.

DBM/DXE/BigWigs discussion is mostly a matter of personal taste. I prefer DBM because it comes with sane settings straight out of the box. Also for raid leading DBM has excellent DBM-SpellTimers addon available from official site which can show timers for all important raid cooldowns (rebirths, soulstones etc).

Last time I used BigWigs was during TBC, problem with it was really bad stability issues and the addon breaking frequently after updates. DXE offers biggest range of tweaking options which is also a burden in it since the options are grouped rather badly. If for example you want to change one warning sound you don't like, you need to change it from 200 places to cover all bosses and abilities.

Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted

And the pro's use both?

Vuhdo is what I use.

It can show EVERYTHING you like and is able to display the remaining seconds of your riptide-HoT or the remaining charges of your earthshield. If you wish you can choose the option that debuffs and stuff like that are shown like in Grid, with small squares at a place inside the healthbar that's defined by you.
    You can modify Vuhdo to look and act like Grid if you took a liking to this mod, but vuhdo does much more.
    it shows encounterspecific raiddebuffs like mindcontrol, if they're vampires and stuff like that.

And to add in, it has an option to read the combatlog and get the Healthpool of every Player out of it, making it's healthbarupdates a bit faster in comparison to Blizzard's UI and those Addons using Blizzards Healthinformation.

For enhancement, Shock and awe would be the "Swiss Army Knife" to satisfy most of your needs.
    For Elemental... using SAA to display your Shieldorbs is possible, Flameshock will be shown and even your Firetotem... so I guess that's all you need.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/vuhdo.aspx

I hope these kind of links are allowed here.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't feed the troll even stupid ones :P

Shockandawe is THE addon for enhancment!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist
    For resto you might try healbot. Grid certainly looks nicer and fits better into a UI than healbot but it doesn't customize well. With Healbot you can play around with it more and it can show you the stacks of earthshield and the time left on riptide which really makes healing easier.
    lol, did you even try to customize it? You can chance so many things that you could look at 10 different grid settings without thinking that this is actually the same addon.
    Grid also shows earthshield-stacks and time left on riptide, just sayin.

Get GridIndicatorIconBar. It allows more icons to be shown.

I raid as enh, and personally, I hate ShockAndAwe. There are times where it would've boosted my dps, but I generally get better dps with it disabled. I tried it, and it didn't work out for me. Of course, if you're not solid with the enh rotation (read: prio list), then you might find it a good addon. Myself, I do most of what I need with PowerAuras. It requires a bit of setup, but you can get just about anything to show up as you want it to. Very handy. It can also be setup for important debuffs and such, if DBM doesn't cover them satisfactorily.

As for resto addons, I'm too lazy to download and customize anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    lol, did you even try to customize it? You can chance so many things that you could look at 10 different grid settings without thinking that this is actually the same addon.
    Grid also shows earthshield-stacks and time left on riptide, just sayin.
    I did try to customize it. I spent a while just trying to get it to do what you say it can and I was unsuccessful. All it gave me were little unhelpful squares that provided no useful information. Perhaps this other addon that Fen mentioned is needed for what you describe. Either way, if I ever go back to healing I'll probably give this Vuhdo a try first anyway.

As Resto I use only HealBot(judge me) a huge choice of settings.
    As Enhancement I use only Enhancetool - for me, this is the best AddOn.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Replacing grid seems like a bad idea to me, it is simply the best healing gui out there.
    elps.
    *Sings* Anything Grid can do, Vu'doh can do better */sing*

Vu'doh will do everything your after mate. It's completly customizable so you can have it look like Grid, Xperl or anything else. It will track Agro, your Riptides as well and will even count them down on the raid frames if u so wish.

You can completly bind any mouse button or control/alt/shift modifers to single click chainheal spam or control click riptide etc. Seriously, it's an Uber mod. It can even track your Earthshield in a buff bar.

Try it =)

I also love the fact that VuhDo automatically switches bindings when you switch specs. Can Grid do that?

Syronius' Ultimate Shaman UI Grid Layout is what I use in resto and the aura mod is also quite decent for resto too.

Not sure what they're like for enhancement though.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ridLayout.html

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info14761.html