Deleted

Spell Penetration for PvP?

I had some mage come up to me and say i needed Spell Pen (130) to do arena or pvp.

1. do i need that much and whats the best way to get it?

2. does resilience reduce the chance to be cc'd? I never thought i did, always thought spell resist did that.

thanks.

Re: Spell Penetration for PvP?

The only way to get the req spell pent for PvP is get the enchant for cloack (35spell pent) and then gem for the rest. And yes you do need that much spell pent especially if you plan on doing high rated arena matches. Pally auras provide 130 resis, Priests provide 130 shadow resis, ect.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof
    The only way to get the req spell pent for PvP is get the enchant for cloack (35spell pent) and then gem for the rest. And yes you do need that much spell pent especially if you plan on doing high rated arena matches. Pally auras provide 130 resis, Priests provide 130 shadow resis, ect.
    Don't listen to this guy. He is completely wrong. Cloak enchant + PvP offhand + PvP wand caps you iirc. Otherwise you got 12 sp 13 spellpen gems to will out the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by qei
    Don't listen to this guy. He is completely wrong. Cloak enchant + PvP offhand + PvP wand caps you iirc. Otherwise you got 12 sp 13 spellpen gems to will out the rest.
    Cloak enchant is also not an option for tailors. Wrathful wand/offhand cap you I believe yeah. I'm running relentless ones and using two gems I think.

that requires arena ratings, which excludes most players.

He obviously doesnt have the gear with spell pent if he is asking this question Qei. Maybe next time you should actually read the OP before making a rediculous comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgg
    I had some mage come up to me and say i needed Spell Pen (130) to do arena or pvp.

2. does resilience reduce the chance to be cc'd? I never thought i did, always thought spell resist did that.

thanks.
    The first poster is wrong, I have very few gems for it, i have my cloak with 23 haste or 27 sp, which i cant remember atm, Get the 1800 spell pen wand and offhand.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgg

thanks.
    1. 130 spell penetration is the soft cap in arenas. The only player that can go over 130 resistance to frost is a mage with either frost armor or mage armor with a shaman or paladin that drop frost resistance totem/aura. However, in this scenario I wouldn't recommend focusing on the mage first, so 130 will be well enough.

Spell penetration is easiest retrieved from cloak enchant (35) and gems. When you rise in rating, get the wand and OH that have spell penetration and gem for sp and haste.

2. No, resilience has no effect on whether you get CC'd or not. Spell resistance does. However your foe will most likely also be spell penetration capped which means it will not matter. CC such as blind, sap or a warrior's fear I do not know the mechanics of (>).

P.S. If you're a novice and wanna have really fun in low tier arena, go arcane spec. It's truly a blast (see what I did there?) to watch your fellow novice foes go "wtf?" when they die in 3-4sec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

He obviously doesnt have the gear with spell pent if he is asking this question Qei. Maybe next time you should actually read the OP before making a rediculous comment.
    For most people, it isnt "Rediculous" to hit 1800, while trying not to seem inconsiderate, most people do assume 1800 is easily obtainable.

as a tailor, im going with 2x 25 Spell pen gems and 1x SP-spell pen and ofc the wrathful offhand with 79 spell pen. that should do it
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eleth/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronan/advanced
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arion/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogoball View Post
    Looking at a cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away.

olol i hope all my shadow spells won't be immuned

Quote Originally Posted by Siddarta
    For most people, it isnt "Rediculous" to hit 1800, while trying not to seem inconsiderate, most people do assume 1800 is easily obtainable.

'most' people don't hit 1800, actually very few do...you'd be surprised how small the %'s are of players at those ratings.

Deleted

i play resto druid/retri pala, and i have several times got the super annoying "resist" text on my screen after casting cyclone... if youre unlucky a resisted cyclone/hex/sheep etc etc can loose the match

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale
    that requires arena ratings, which excludes most players.
    1800 rating is hard? Since when?