Thread: Double Envenom

Double Envenom

Hey, my first toon ever was a rogue and bored on off-raid days, I decided to get him from 60-80. I drilled heroics, got most of my free badge lewtz, and I'm currently running ToC 25 pugs and such to get up to ICC alt-run quality.

A problem I seem to keep repeating is every once in a while, when Envenom procs a combo point, I button-mash a second too long and end up Envenoming twice effectively ruining the buff + wasting energy. I know most experienced rogues would probably facepalm at this, but considering this is just about the first time I've raided as a DPS, (normally a Holy pala) is there a macro out there that can stop me from accidentally doing this?
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

Deleted

Re: Double Envenom

Don't button mash as much? Seriously.

If you are hitting it again, thats means you have been mashing the button for at least 1 second after it went off, more depending on your haste.
    Maybe an addons such asEnvenmous (curse.com link) could help. It shows a timer on how long your envenom buff has left. As soon as the bar pops up, get back to your mutilite button.

Don't button mash? No really, pool your energy to 75-80 and then Envenom, fire out a quick Mut right after.

Mutilate is the only DPS spec where button smashing isn't effective.

Get used to it

No macro. Just stop being button mashingly bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

Or give the guy something constructive to work with. He didnt ask for help to stop mashing, this is what he does and let him do it. He wanted a macro so here it is.

Try this.
    /castsequence reset=3 Envenom, Mutilate

This will reset back to envenom if you dont use it again withing 3 seconds, and if you do mutilate will be used and you will be ok anyway

Quote Originally Posted by sacrife
    Or give the guy something constructive to work with. He didnt ask for help to stop mashing, this is what he does and let him do it. He wanted a macro so here it is.

Try this.

This will reset back to envenom if you dont use it again withing 3 seconds, and if you do mutilate will be used and you will be ok anyway
    He has to be button mashing for an entire gcd, that's when it's time to look at yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Deleted

To all the guys currently saying constructive things such as "stop button mashing" well... he said he was new, give him a chance, he asked for help, help he got, this thread offically no longer has a point. Period. :

Saying "stop button mashing" is constructive. Your doing it wrong if you are mashing buttons so much that you do two envenoms in a row like that. There are several hints that should tell you the envenom goes off, for example a drop in energy, the animation, the buff becoming active, and the fact you won't have 4/5 combo points anymore. A person should be able to and honestly needs to be able to notice at least one of those things in a second in order to be effective at this

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I'd use the cast sequence macro that was posted earlier. You may also want to try one of those mods that does your move when you push your key down rather then when you lift your finger up off the key.

Button mashing is a habit from healing on a holy paladin trying to keep a healthy stream of holy lights going. I realize transferring that to a rogue isn't very optimal, but thank you for the contructive help that some posted. Most of the time it happens is when either target switching, I'm in motion, or if I'm just getting back to a target trying to make sure DP stacks don't fall off. Its not like it happens standing idle on a tank n' spank.

But yes...

Quote Originally Posted by sacrife
    Try this.
    Works great. Thanks again.
    Xaveria - Holy Pally
    Team Jersey

Ah.. another case of bad players wanted macros to not be bad. Instead of just learning to play better.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

This thread is full of jackasses. After the 1st person posted "stop button mashing" (which is good advice) was it completely necessary to continue to berate the guy for another 10 posts? I agree he should stop button mashing but as has been stated, THIS IS NOT HIS MAIN. As a healer he kind of has to button mash and although I am sure most of you are God's gift to rogues, he is not saying he is. Maybe he is having a hard time breaking that habit. I know when I swapped mains from my resto shaman to my rogue it took me a while to get over those 1 pt Eviserates. I know a 1 pt Evis is not as deadly as fucking up Envenom but it still was a waste.

@OP I know that someone gave you a macro, that is fine but try playing a little game with yourself, try using the macro but never using the mutilate portion of it. Try to get past the button mashing and you will more than likely see your overall game improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    This thread is full of jackasses. After the 1st person posted "stop button mashing" (which is good advice) was it completely necessary to continue to berate the guy for another 10 posts? I agree he should stop button mashing but as has been stated, THIS IS NOT HIS MAIN. As a healer he kind of has to button mash and although I am sure most of you are God's gift to rogues, he is not saying he is. Maybe he is having a hard time breaking that habit. I know when I swapped mains from my resto shaman to my rogue it took me a while to get over those 1 pt Eviserates. I know a 1 pt Evis is not as deadly as fucking up Envenom but it still was a waste.

@OP I know that someone gave you a macro, that is fine but try playing a little game with yourself, try using the macro but never using the mutilate portion of it. Try to get past the button mashing and you will more than likely see your overall game improve.
    na... as a healer, it's not needed to smash buttons.
    Not to the extend that you can't notice a proc anyways. It's a bad habit to smash buttons *that much* even as a healer (pal.. specifically..) .
    You can go watch tv while smashing buttons as a tank-heal-pal, but that's still bad practice.

Main or not, if one wants to excel in the game, he / she should learn anyways. As a healer, you look at grid. And as a rog (or any dps), you look at the mobs' hp bar.

Not sure what you are looking at, if you are any half decent healer looking at 25 hp bars, I am pretty sure you can notice the combo points besides the mob's hp bar with ease.

You mean you were just spamming CH as a shaman and watch tv?
    Just smashing buttons on tank as a pal?

That's the problem. Not role switching transition.

15+ Year Old Account

Rogues smash buttons more then any other class, you just need to control it lol.

I also do some button mashing on my Rogue and will do one to many Mutilates or spam Envenom once to many times, usually while I am trying to watch TV/Talk to someone, but on my Holy Pally I dont push any buttons really unless its a keybind for beacon or something. Have you tried out Clique and Grid for you healer Pally?

Sorry getting off Topic.

All I can recommend besides trying marcos/whatever is to just practice. Go the the dummies and practice NOT mashing. Keep an awareness of your energy level at all times and only push your attack keys when you have the energy to do so. I know its a lame response but practice is the best way....

If you still find yourself mashing buttons on your Rogue still maybe try Combat. It is more forgiving in the mashing aspect compared to Mut IMO, but on the flip side its a totally different rotation and you will want to gem deferentially, so may not be the best idea.

I use an n52 to buttonmash for me. Repeater macros that send the keypress every .05s, and I still don't hit 1pt Evis. Why? Because I have a whole GCD to let off the key, and when I see my energy drop and combo points go away, I let go. Pretty easy actually.