Thread: Arp or Agil?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Arp or Agil?

Quote Originally Posted by weshallarise
    except for the fact that they can use all three procs. even though they might not want armor pen in an ideal set up its not a terrible trinket for a ret by any means
    This is unfortunately true, and with how broken their 2 set bonus is, even more of their damage is physical.

The first drop in our guild went to a ret paladin. The next two went to warriors, then next two to death knights. I'm hoping for number 6 someday...........

Quote Originally Posted by IceyDevil
    This is unfortunately true, and with how broken their 2 set bonus is, even more of their damage is physical.

The first drop in our guild went to a ret paladin. The next two went to warriors, then next two to death knights. I'm hoping for number 6 someday...........
    We have had around 10 kills on saurfang, with only one DBW drop, and the fury warrior that got it went on a 2 month WoW break 2 days after he got it.
    Currently, with my low dkp, people who barely knows what's best for them will take the trinket before I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by MMO scrub
    We have had around 10 kills on saurfang, with only one DBW drop, and the fury warrior that got it went on a 2 month WoW break 2 days after he got it.
    Currently, with my low dkp, people who barely knows what's best for them will take the trinket before I get it.
    thats the fault of the system, dkp blows.

thats the fault of the system, dkp blows.
    Rofl, seriously? Any decent guild wouldn't give it to a class like a ret pally before a hunter. People have real life issues come up, if they have DKP, that means they've been there for raids and they deserve the item they wish to spend it on.

To all of you wondering to gem arp or agil, consider these points.

In Cataclysm arp is being removed from gear, and being added as a talent or mastery.
    If you do not gain enough damage as a solid tier upgrade, for the short time that arp in gear is here, is it really worth the cost?
    Arp MM hunters rely on not moving a lot, if they move the dps/damage suffers greatly.

I am going to stick with gemming agility until Cataclysm, before I do any major changes as it's not worth it at this point.
    My Armory - Tenzi

Quote Originally Posted by halpfultroll
    Rofl, seriously? Any decent guild wouldn't give it to a class like a ret pally before a hunter. People have real life issues come up, if they have DKP, that means they've been there for raids and they deserve the item they wish to spend it on.
    or more likely is when someone found out the really nice trinket drops which they will have to compete with other dps classes rather then their own they started hoarding dkp. because having to compete with only a couple paladins or hunters for class specific loot is easier than competing with every phys. dps over a limited chance trinket.

or more likely is when someone found out the really nice trinket drops which they will have to compete with other dps classes rather then their own they started hoarding dkp. because having to compete with only a couple paladins or hunters for class specific loot is easier than competing with every phys. dps over a limited chance trinket.
    We have 9 people in our raid who want that trinket, 5 of them got it already. I'm not sure if the ret paladin and death knights should've gotten it before rogues and hunters, but that's just how DKP works.

Loot council run by people who understand the game and are motivated by progression >> dkp.

As for the argument that Arp is going to disappear when Cataclysm hits, well, I am in ICC atm and it still counts and I am doing much better gemmed ArP than I was gemmed Agi, so...

Regemming is no big deal. Agi gems will replace Arp gems in 5-6 months...not now, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Namor of Muradin
    Loot council run by people who understand the game and are motivated by progression >> dkp.

As for the argument that Arp is going to disappear when Cataclysm hits, well, I am in ICC atm and it still counts and I am doing much better gemmed ArP than I was gemmed Agi, so...

Regemming is no big deal. Agi gems will replace Arp gems in 5-6 months...not now, though.
    dont discount haste and crit. haste could become the best stat for a hunter if they implement it in a meaningful way as regen for focus and give us the possibility of faster GCD

rephrase: I will regem as needed to maximize my gear set once Cataclysm is out...currently ArP is best for my gear set and current dps output.

rephrase: I will regem as needed to maximize my gear set once Cataclysm is out...currently ArP is best for my gear set and current dps output.
    i like it ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Snapzizle
    Hello, I am currently gemming all 20 Agility gems with my 3 34 agility gems. I am sitting at 42.66% arp=597 rating. And I am wondering if I should gem armor pen. When should I gem armor pen? Should I gem it at all? I'm pulling about 7k DPS at what I am at right now but I believe there is more in gemming for Armor Pen. Here is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&cn=Snapzizle please tell me if theres any easy upgrades I can get and so on. And the whole thing on Arp. Ty
    i need help with trying to get my dps up follw this link to the wowarmoery and yeah plz leave suggestionshttp://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazgrel&cn=Zodak

Quote Originally Posted by kanzaki.ryou
    your passive Arp rating is still not enough to gem pure Arp gems. Have at least 750 passive Arp rating then start gemming for Arp.
    (you have to double check about the number, I'm not sure about the exact number, it should be between 650 and 750).

as for you now, AGI is still better than ARP.
    after researching and doing some testing my self, i believe 1400 is the cap. now i see you have NES, therefore you only need to gem upto 722armor pen. and the rest agility. when your Needle-Encrusted Scorpion procs you will be at 1400. test it out. you should notice a big difference in dps.

Oh THIS ^^^^

Amen.
    Prot Pally:Avido-http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...radin&cn=Avido
    MM Hunter:Avida-http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...radin&cn=Avida
    Resto Shaman:Prymoria-http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...in&cn=Prymoria
    Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    [size=11pt]IT'S LIGHT RED. LIGHT RED SPARKLE ARMOR.[/size]