Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Not so Random...Randoms...

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon
    be4 i stoped doing the randonm hc on my hunter all i would get is dtk or cos, i stoped coz i dont need anything from frost any more

my shammy is the only toon i do it on now and his are COMPLEATLY random
    The moral of the story, everyone should roll shamans and enjoy the randomness that ensues

i always get azjol-nerub first

i don't really mind

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres
    You make the assumption that admittance to all dungeons are equal. You have to be geared and attuned for the new instances, so they will not pop up as often (less people are able to participate in them). I believe OCCY now has a gear requirement as well.

People who queue for specific heroics can get grouped with randoms as well. The people who specifically queue no doubt have an effect on the dungeon groups that are launched.

There is a random aspect to it, but it is not as simple as rolling a dice.

I do not know the code behind it, but from what I do know it would seem the original heroics, OCCY aside will pop the most often. The ICC heroics will pop less often, and of these I would make a wager that F.O.S is the most common, since you do not have to be attuned to do it. So random, yes, but not entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus
    Random is random what ever you believe it or not..

Roll a dice as before. 10 times.
    now the chance for getting 1 is the same as getting 6.
    Now this does not mean that in every 6 throw you will ahve gotten one of every site. On every throw the chance of getting either side is the same, so if you roll once, get 6. then the chance at the next roll is nothing getting smaller. you wills till be able to roll 6..

It seems unlikly that you 10 trys in a row will get 6, BUT the chance is there.
    RANDOM IS RANDOM Now we don't need to get more technical, as it has nothing to do with the cases yuou say, and I have no way of discriping it in english..

But!!! the random is random, only fits on one case actually.

5 people, geared for all heroics, noone are already inside, but waiting for the duengon. in this case it will be all random. there is nothing to effect the out come other than the roll, but this roll no matter what time that day has the same chance to become what ever instance.
    If one of these people is not geared enough for icc, then those will be taken of the list. if someone hasn't done the pre quest also.
    If some guy already where in a instance and people left, then he can "sign" for the same instances, this means that when you sign and get chosen to join him, you get to his instance, and here it was not random ,here it was because that guy was already in a instance, and you just joined his group
    So basically you argue with me, then arrive at the same conclusion.

Due to the restrictions placed on certain dungeons (either attunement or gear) not all dungeons are launched equally! Every single person would need to be geared and attuned for every single dungeon for this to be a possibility!

Who runs random heroics the most often? Those people who need the gear/badges! This means they are not yet geared/attuned for the new/harder instances. This leads to more of the original heroics getting launched then the new ones!

Logic FTW!

You are still getting 5 different dungeons. That's random! If only I was so lucky. \

I get Oculus nearly every single day on my hunter and druid. I wish I was kidding. I used to like Oculus, but it's sorta boring now. I'd be happy to get anything else.

my gearscore is just under 6000 and this is how the "random dungeon" stat adds up :

60 Ingvar the Plunderer kills (Heroic Utgarde Keep)

maybe Blizzard forgot to utilize
    srand ( time(NULL) );

oh wait, I think I found it
    srand ( 1 );

LOL!

Instead of mindlessly posting "hay guyz i got oculus lots WTF" why don't you actually post your stats?

Let's make an annotated list, lets just use my paladin alt as an example:

UK - 14
    Nexus - 24
    AN - 10
    OK - 11
    DTK - 36
    VH - 19
    Gundrak - 12
    HoS - 10
    HoL - 10
    Oculus - 12
    UP - 16
    CoS - 17
    FoS - 6
    PoS - 10
    HoR - 8

Looks random to me. Not sure why DTK is picked the most, but hey.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

5 Weeks.. Up to 5 Chars...HoL around 95% of the time... on better days i got CoT4... -.-'

15+ Year Old Account

Probably said before, but can't really be bothered to browse trough everything:

Blizzard already stated:
    The random Dungeon Finder is not random.

It checks your gear and what dungeon is the best place to find upgrades in order to continue. Its a lot more advanced than most people realize.
    Every time you get better gear, you get 1 step closer to getting to "new" content Dungeons/Heroics.
    Dawwwwwww

lol I get HoR and PoS more than anything :P. It makes sense though, no? People still actually queue for them specifically, which means more groups being formed than for the older heroics amiwrong?
    Anal jokes will never get old.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

i once threw a dice 14 times and kept getting 3. welcome to randomisation!

Quote Originally Posted by Pieterman
    i once threw a dice 14 times and kept getting 3. welcome to randomisation!
    Your die is loaded. Welcome to reality!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    Instead of mindlessly posting "hay guyz i got oculus lots WTF" why don't you actually post your stats?

Let's make an annotated list, lets just use my paladin alt as an example:

UK - 14
    Nexus - 24
    AN - 10
    OK - 11
    DTK - 36
    VH - 19
    Gundrak - 12
    HoS - 10
    HoL - 10
    Oculus - 12
    UP - 16
    CoS - 17
    FoS - 6
    PoS - 10
    HoR - 8

Looks random to me. Not sure why DTK is picked the most, but hey.
    Unfortunately, the stats date back from before the Dungeon Finder, in the time we actually could choose our own dungeons with the Looking For Group tool.

Either way, half of the time I'm getting HoS or HoL. Now, I don't mind those dungeons, but it's getting a tad boring to do them *again* and *again*, especially when there are other dungeons which are awesomely epic and would be a very fun change.

Quote Originally Posted by stianr2
    my only problem is that ive been getting nexus the last three weeks, not fun and when i say the last three weeks i mean every freaking day. no not just one day and havent done it the next day then gotten it again, EVERY DAY THE LAST THRE WEEKS DAMNIT!!!
    If it makes you feel any better, back before they made occ give you all your t9 in badge form each run I got that crap constantly. For some reason on my alliance battlegroup people are god damn retarded when it comes to occulus. I have had groups where after the first boss people just flew around in circles above that platform not responding to any chat and being useless until I finally bail. I also hate not getting to use my class abilities (or when on my resto druid, having to actually do stuff. If I am doing a heroic on my resto druid it means I don't want to pay attention.)
    Anyway, my cool story bro story is I was going to just do a quick heroic on my tank for the badges before bed. So I queue up, instant pop and it's occ. I say "fuck lemons" and bail. Wait 15 minutes, queue up, and instant pop into occ again. I think "Well, this is pretty lame, I just want to get through a quick heroic and not have to hand hold these morons" so I bail again. Wait 15 minutes. Queue up. Pop. Oh look it's god damn occulus, surprise surprise. Bail. Wait 15 minutes. Queue. Pop. Not occ. About damn time.

I hate that damn dungeon, and before anyone pulls up that stupid strawman argument. It's not because it's hard (it's not) It's because I don't get to play my class and I have to hand hold morons 75% of the time on my ally server.

10+ Year Old Account

UK - 32
    Nexus - 17
    AN - 9
    AK - 7
    DTK - 49
    VH - 28
    Gundrak - 15
    HoS - 7
    HoL - 4
    UP - 28
    OC - 8
    CoT - 15

Not very random for me either ;p

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jacus
    UK - 32
    Nexus - 17
    AN - 9
    AK - 7
    DTK - 49
    VH - 28
    Gundrak - 15
    HoS - 7
    HoL - 4
    UP - 28
    OC - 8
    CoT - 15

Not very random for me either ;p
    Can I trade with you? DTK and UK are my favourites, UP and VH are pretty cool too. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Purno
    Unfortunately, the stats date back from before the Dungeon Finder, in the time we actually could choose our own dungeons with the Looking For Group tool.

Either way, half of the time I'm getting HoS or HoL. Now, I don't mind those dungeons, but it's getting a tad boring to do them *again* and *again*, especially when there are other dungeons which are awesomely epic and would be a very fun change.
    So you're saying I had some sort of fetish for DTK?

Seems to be the most overdone dungeon for some reason, no idea why.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    It checks your gear and what dungeon is the best place to find upgrades in order to continue.
    What about if you're decked out in emblem/ICC gear, surely it can't think HoS will give me any upgrades in order to continue? Because that's what's happening to me.

Or is the LFD checking all the members in the assembled group and then puts the group in a sorted dungeon?

Sounds like one step closer to HAL9000 if you ask me. ;D

My rogue gets nexus 90 percent.
    My pally gets HoR 90 percent because the previous tank got tired of wiping with a horrible healer who has more health then he has mana >,>
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Onyxia&cn=Septer

The reason "random" doesn't seem "random" is because you're not always paired with 4 other people wanting a "random" dungeon. The random pool is mixed in with the "que for specific dungeons" pool. Inevitably, there are more people queueing for some dungeons than for others. So if you get 3 other "random" queuers, and one guy who specifically asked for Halls of Lightning because he wants some piece of gear from there, you get Halls of Lightning.

Oh, and to all you goons talking about "oh, I get x dungeon 90% of the time", you really need to quit exaggerating to make a point. It just makes you look stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5

It checks your gear and what dungeon is the best place to find upgrades in order to continue. Its a lot more advanced than most people realize.
    Every time you get better gear, you get 1 step closer to getting to "new" content Dungeons/Heroics.
    <sarcastic>my 6000 gearscore mage gets upgrades in UK</sarcastic>