Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Gear Score screw up

Brought a 4.9k GS shammy to a ICC raid yestoday. and altho he didnt do as much healing as our 5.6k gs resto shammy, he knew what he was doing, kept people up and did it well. Got 10/12 now and honestly, people should stop relying on an addon to tell them what gear people have and start using their brains to evaluate a person instead.

If you want an addon to help yourself when looking for people to invite, or to judge your own gear before applying for a raid, use elitistgroup (also online: www.elitistarmory.com), it gives you the average iLvl, shows the gear, gems, enchants, their experience, etc.. It helps YOU to take a decision. It doesn't give a totally made up and retarded score figure.

Deleted

Or you can use gearscore to check other peoples gear, gems & enchants and make a decision based on that.

If you Pug a raid you won't know everyone but checking there gear, gems & enchants can give you an impression of how good someone can be.
    Or you don't use gearscore for it and just inspect someone who wants to join.

Same thing actually....

GearScore is awesome for putting together a group!!!!!......... (for Flame Leviathan)

I personally only use GS for one reasona nd one reaosn only. To gauge the progress of an alt i'm aiming to surpass what a guild at a given time assumes is my main. (my main is what i play, not always what the guild takes into the raid)
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by diego sanchez
    maybe i am wrong but... i just download the gear score addon and it makes a mess with the gear because it calculates items with no difference between in PVP and PVE... or am I doing something wrong?...

my gear score is 5400 (PVE only) if i throw in a couple of PVP stuff it goes to 5600... am i wrong with this?
    And there you go, you just discovered why this add on is meaningless

People always required gear. Now its just quickly quantifiable.

I love everyone saying you can switch into pvp gear before asking for invite. Gearscore data is saved from the last time you or someone in your guild saw them. If they change gear right then it doesn't update from afar. And only an idiot would be going by the number alone. If you click on the number gearscore shows after their name you get to look at their gear. So its only a problem if you aren't smart enough to tell the difference between pve and pvp gear.

It all boils down to the fact that you're whining because you can't get into raids without building a decent gear set first. You can get a 5k gearscore without doing any raids other than the weekly a few times. People who can't put in the effort to download atlas loot and find their free upgrades probably haven't put in the effort to learn their class that well either.

Everyone keeps saying gearscore fails because any idiot can get a 5k gearscore so that doesnt' prove anything. But the people using gearscore are using it to weed out the people worse than any idiot who can't even find their free loot. Think about it.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Quote Originally Posted by Zergall
    And there you go, you just discovered why this add on is meaningless
    Because you dont know how to use it? Click the number, see the actual gear. Can't tell the difference between pve and pvp gear? Thats your problem, not gearscores.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    No, I've never really had that problem. I went and did my dungeons and heroics, got myself some half-assed gear, then went and got myself a raiding guild and never have to even remotely worry about not having sufficient gear for what I want to do, because gear comes to those who earn it. I don't even have GS installed.
    If I had the time to raid I would be in the exact same boat. I don't even look at this gearscore mumbojumbo that I see in trade channel all the time. It's the FotP and will eventually fade into the annals of history, as with every other passing focus. If I don't bother it, it won't bother me.

But yes, it is calculated on itemlevel, no matter what the stats are... At least, that's my understanding. A clever system would look at everything from gems to enchants and synergy between talents and gear before giving you your epeen-score.
    For the Alliance!

Another thread where baddies cry about how gearscore is unfair.

This is fresh and original.

true ... i just want some opinions because mine is that gear score is a piece of crap addon and useless way of calculating the skill and determination of a player... in my case i stick to the end, and i dont have great gear but decent, then again i am not a hardcore player... but i stay till the task is done... players with better gear just leave the raid, sometimes they curse or complaint in many ways before leaving, others JUST LEAVE.... now why should anyone ever consider to let the gear score be an imperative on choosing who or who doesnt go to the raid
    my 2 cents
    I am so happy that you understood that this is a GEARSCORE. no one except brainlacking idiots and kids confused it with skill score, which it has nothing to do with..

The addon measure GEAR, what ever if it's PvP or PvE. This gives you a quick way to sort out the people that don't meet a requiement for a raid, icc10 for eg. YOU are MENT to inspect people after, to see if they actually know how to spec / gem and enchant. GEAR SCORE is only ment to give a quick look so you can throw out the people who are not even geared to the place.

I'm sorry but all those people that refuses to understand the basics of the addon, and what it is ment for are the retards. Yes probably 90% of the people using the addon is doing it wrong, but that you complain about the addon being shit because people don't know how to read, this just puts you in the same category as those people. get down from that high horse and stop complaining about the addon, you should be complaing about how many retards are playing the game, and you already know that this will lead you no where.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus
    The addon measure GEAR, what ever if it's PvP or PvE. This gives you a quick way to sort out the people that don't meet a requiement for a raid, icc10 for eg. YOU are MENT to inspect people after, to see if they actually know how to spec / gem and enchant. GEAR SCORE is only ment to give a quick look so you can throw out the people who are not even geared to the place.
    Personally I don't mind the GS-addon - I simply have no use for it and therefore don't install it. What I find stupid are the GS-pugs, started by people who think there are some specific gear requirements that need to be met for raids and who dismiss people based on essentially their average ilvl. There are raid-dps requirements to kill the boss before an enrage and raid-hps requirements to keep the tanks and the raid alive, but there are no specific gear requirements for individual players. Nor does a full group of players over some arbitrary GS threshold guarantee that you can meet the dps/hps requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari
    Another thread where baddies cry about how gearscore is unfair.

This is fresh and original.

Ohh i just love the easy solution for a jackass...

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    Personally I don't mind the GS-addon - I simply have no use for it and therefore don't install it. What I find stupid are the GS-pugs, started by people who think there are some specific gear requirements that need to be met for raids and who dismiss people based on essentially their average ilvl. There are raid-dps requirements to kill the boss before an enrage and raid-hps requirements to keep the tanks and the raid alive, but there are no specific gear requirements for individual players. Nor does a full group of players over some arbitrary GS threshold guarantee that you can meet the dps/hps requirements.
    I will say there is a require ment, 4k GS is by no means enough for ICC. so yes there is.

No ofc we can't be sure people know what they do, and as said it's only ment to measure gear and leave out those far below whats need'd. those using it are still require to inspect people, and it's sad how most people believe high gs = skill or good dps.

And even to those people who say GS = shit, just inspect instead. as I said if people actaully made any effrot to look into what their talkign shit about they would know that you are ment to do it after.
    I'd like to point out another thing to that actually, people say gear is so easy to get that everyone has 5k+ gs, yes true, and there for we should all use inspect? You do know that it takes even less time to look up a spec on armory and look on mmo what enchants and gems to use, than it takes to get the gear?.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Yes probably 90% of the people using the addon is doing it wrong, but that you complain about the addon being shit because people don't know how to read, this just puts you in the same category as those people. get down from that high horse and stop complaining about the addon, you should be complaing about how many retards are playing the game, and you already know that this will lead you no where.
    i dont know if this even deserves a reply, but here i go>

I did all my stuff alone with only my best fried and Battlemaster to guide me, the moment people asked me in the past for either Achievement or GS nowdays, i feel insulted as a player that someone will just ditch me because of that stupid addon, now understand that the addon has its usefulness, when i say ''stupid'' maybe i meant stupid little bastard kids that think that GS will determine by itself the utility of a player in a very well structure raid and how their function fits in the whole scheme of things.

i never raid with these bastard kids that asked for Achievement or GS, i raid with smart enough people, maybe mature, that will take me into a raid with them and i pay them back by standing next to them all the way ...

now... i also understand my worth as a player, and if i know that i cant make ends meet, i will politely decline and part ways with them because i like to be honest always.

I really don't understand the depth of animosity that it seems some people have regarding gear score.

It is simply a tool which is used to analyze a rough level of the gear that you have. The simple fact of the matter is that if someone wants to run an instance they need some method to determine whether someone is gear appropriate. True there are limitations to the tool and what it can tell you, but that doesn't change the fact that it exists, and raid leaders use it.

I think the root cause of the complaint is that people find it hard to get accepted into a raid when they feel they are level-appropriate for it. From the perspective of those leading the raid they want the best players they can get, so I can't fault them for wanting players with better gear.

Sure there are ways to game the system, you have people who use pvp gear, and don't bother to gem/enchant their gear properly. However if a raid leader is too lazy to check for that, then I don't really want to be a part of that run.

I will say there is a require ment, 4k GS is by no means enough for ICC. so yes there is.
    You can carry one person in icc now with the buffs and the free T10, so no, there is no gear requirement.

15+ Year Old Account

Ohh i just love the easy solution for a jackass...
    The easiest solution is to ban a troll.