I need some help with my Hunter.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Peak&cn=Haelis

My gear is pretty good (even though I have crappy PvP boots), however I never seem to get above 6k DPS on a 25-man, Patchwerk setting. I followed everything I could from EJ, saving using AotH Glyph (I'm using Kill Shot instead).

I have no idea of what else I can do to increase my DPS. I acknowledge 6k with a mix of ICC and ToC gear is a bit on the low side. Maybe I should swap my ARP setting to another setting? I thought that was the problem, but my DPS is rather low even on Patchwerk-style fights.

Re: I need some help with my Hunter.

The belt is pretty craptacular. You could easily and happily replace that, and it should be high on your priority to do so. Bandit's Insignia is mediocre at best; a greatness card would be better, or even the war token from frost badges, though I imagine you're trying to save badges for T10 pieces. Are you sure you're following a good rotation? What are you using, assuming a Patch-style fight?

Why 3/3 in imp. steady shot, instead of 1/3 and 2/2 in rapid recuperation? Keeping up steady mana regen especially at lower gear levels, and while using a piece of leather, is pretty important. Remember that the EJ talent specs assume very high levels of gear. Or even 1/2 in rapid recup. It shouldn't be empty, in any case. You also aren't using glyph of steady shot; that'd be preferable over glyph of chimera shot. Glyph of chimera shot also messes up smooth rotations, in any case.

*Updated*

Gemming: You should be gemming Agility, not ArP. Don't gem ArP until you get 700-800 passive ArP from your gear (not from gems). At your gear level you will get more out of your gem sockets by gemming agility, you are gimping your AP/Crit levels by gemming ArP. Generally, but especially at your gear level going for the softcap with the NES isn't worth it. The trinket has a very low up-time, so you don't spend enough time in the ArP capped range to make up for the dps that you lose by forgoing agility.

Hit Rating: Your top priority should be to get to the hit cap (8%-1% dranaei). You should change a gem so you hit 7%. Remember that your hit rating transfers to your pet at whole number intervals, so if you are at 6.99% hit, your pet will be at 6%, so it's always worth ensuring that you are at least at the hit cap

Arcane Shot: Drop Arcane Shot, from everything, your rotation, your talents, it doesn't scale as well as Steady Shot (and the 30% crit bleed). Take the 3 points from imp Arcane Shot, move 1 to FA, and 2 to Rapid Recuperation.

Glyphs: Drop Chimera, add Steady Shot. The problem with Chimera is that it only really helps when you are haste capped and you have 0 ms latency, otherwise the cast time of your steady shots will clip the benefit of Chimera, which reduces it's effectiveness substantially. Steady Shot basically is a flat damage bonus.

Shot Priority: Should be something along the lines of
    Mark (out of combat preferably)
    Apply Sting
    Pop Cooldowns (Rapid Fire, Readiness, Kill Command, Trinkets)
    Kill Shot
    Silencing Shot (Should be macroed to all your shots)*
    Chimera Shot
    Aimed Shot
    Steady Shot

Silencing Shot is off of the global cooldown, so by macroing it to your shots it will go off every 15s during the fight and it won't affect your basic rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasseim
    Gemming: You should be gemming Agility, not ArP. Don't gem ArP until you get 700-800 passive ArP from your gear (not from gems)

Hit Rating: Your top priority should be to get to the hit cap (8%). You should change a gem so you hit 7%, then take 1 point in Focused Aim to hit the cap.

Arcane Shot: Drop Arcane Shot, from everything, your rotation, your talents, it doesn't scale as well as Steady Shot (and the 30% crit bleed). Take the 3 points from imp Arcane Shot, move 1 to FA, and 2 to Rapid Recuperation.

Glyphs: Drop Chimera, add Steady Shot. The problem with Chimera is that it only really helps when you are haste capped and you have 0 ms latency, otherwise the cast time of your steady shots will clip the benefit of Chimera, which reduces it's effectiveness substantially. Steady Shot basically is a flat damage bonus.

Shot Priority: Should be something along the lines of
    Mark (out of combat preferably)
    Apply Sting
    Pop Cooldowns (Rapid Fire, Readiness, Kill Command, Trinkets)
    Kill Shot
    Silencing Shot (Should be macroed to all your shots)*
    Chimera Shot
    Aimed Shot
    Steady Shot

Silencing Shot is off of the global cooldown, so by macroing it to your shots it will go off every 15s during the fight and it won't affect your basic rotation.
    This player is obviously gemming towards the softcap, as they are using NES. This is fine.
    This player is also a draenei, changing a single gem will hitcap them at 7%,

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    The belt is pretty craptacular. You could easily and happily replace that, and it should be high on your priority to do so. Bandit's Insignia is mediocre at best; a greatness card would be better, or even the war token from frost badges, though I imagine you're trying to save badges for T10 pieces. Are you sure you're following a good rotation? What are you using, assuming a Patch-style fight?

Why 3/3 in imp. steady shot, instead of 1/3 and 2/2 in rapid recuperation? Keeping up steady mana regen especially at lower gear levels, and while using a piece of leather, is pretty important. Remember that the EJ talent specs assume very high levels of gear. Or even 1/2 in rapid recup. It shouldn't be empty, in any case. You also aren't using glyph of steady shot; that'd be preferable over glyph of chimera shot. Glyph of chimera shot also messes up smooth rotations, in any case.
    I'm farming to get a Greatness deck done, hence the multiple cards created on my RSS feed. Either that or getting a Death's Verdict, my guild runs alt ToCs every week and I'm the next in line for one. Whatever happens first.

Indeed, I'm aiming for the soft ARP cap due to the NES.

Didn't know about Glyph of Chimera Shot. Will change that and run a bit of testing on dummies.

Thanks for the useful advice, so far!

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle
    I'm farming to get a Greatness deck done, hence the multiple cards created on my RSS feed. Either that or getting a Death's Verdict, my guild runs alt ToCs every week and I'm the next in line for one. Whatever happens first.

Indeed, I'm aiming for the soft ARP cap due to the NES.

Didn't know about Glyph of Chimera Shot. Will change that and run a bit of testing on dummies.

Thanks for the useful advice, so far!
    The previous poster also gave a shot priority. Shot priorities, however, are not always exactly clear when it comes to a 'rotation' on a static patchwerk target. I'm no expert, I won't pretend to be, but here's a rundown of my Festergut rotation, assuming the lovely possibility that I get to stand still and never get hit by the throw up thing, and I smash my way past 10k dps with it:
    I open with serpent sting, hit chimera, aimed, then steady shot four times. By the fourth steady, my procs will all be rolling. I then hit rapid fire (which is macroed with my pet's Call of the Wild ability), chimera, aimed, readiness, chimera again, aimed again, steady shot four times, then rapid fire again as it will have less than 2 seconds left, usually less than one due to a bit of latency, then chimera, aimed, steady four times. Rinse and repeat until Rapid Fire comes up once again. All of these abilities on my bars are also macros, and every single one has kill command and silencing shot in it, so I am using those every single time they're off cooldown, since neither kill command nor silencing shot are on the GCD.

An example:
    #showtooltip Aimed Shot
    /cast aimed shot
    /cast kill command
    /cast silencing shot

*Updated*

Gemming: You should be gemming Agility, not ArP. Don't gem ArP until you get 700-800 passive ArP from your gear (not from gems). At your gear level you will get more out of your gem sockets by gemming agility, you are gimping your AP/Crit levels by gemming ArP. Generally, but especially at your gear level going for the softcap with the NES isn't worth it. The trinket has a very low up-time, so you don't spend enough time in the ArP capped range to make up for the dps that you lose by forgoing agility.

Hit Rating: Your top priority should be to get to the hit cap (8%-1% dranaei). You should change a gem so you hit 7%. Remember that your hit rating transfers to your pet at whole number intervals, so if you are at 6.99% hit, your pet will be at 6%, so it's always worth ensuring that you are at least at the hit cap
    Figured I'd throw this in a new comment as well (in case you skip over it not noticing the changes I added)

A note on the ArP vs Agi argument, Look at www.femaledwarf.com, it's a fairly easy to use spreadsheet. Lining your gear up with the best of all possible raid buffs/debuffs it comes out
    ArP (current Setup) - 9020 dps (stat weights Agi - 1.715, ArP - 1.633)
    Agi gems - 9053 dps (stat weights Agi - 1.618, ArP - 1.525)

What this means is that for your gear level Agi is worth more to you than ArP. Now it doesn't look like a big difference in terms of numbers, however remember achieving the ArP number is very much tied to being able to stand still the entire fight, any time you start moving your ArP number will drop substantially more than the Agi numbers.

Figured I'd throw this in a new comment as well (in case you skip over it not noticing the changes I added)

A note on the ArP vs Agi argument, Look at www.femaledwarf.com, it's a fairly easy to use spreadsheet. Lining your gear up with the best of all possible raid buffs/debuffs it comes out
    ArP (current Setup) - 9020 dps (stat weights Agi - 1.715, ArP - 1.633)
    Agi gems - 9053 dps (stat weights Agi - 1.618, ArP - 1.525)

What this means is that for your gear level Agi is worth more to you than ArP. Now it doesn't look like a big difference in terms of numbers, however remember achieving the ArP number is very much tied to being able to stand still the entire fight, any time you start moving your ArP number will drop substantially more than the Agi numbers.
    Yes spreadsheets are easy to use, but they're not always correct. The only sure-fire way to know if x item is better than y item (other than massive differences in stats) is to test it out yourself in a raid environment. Training dummies will give you so little information as well. In my honest opinion though, hard cap ArP or don't gem at all, or rather don't gem until you have at least 750-800 ArP, that way you'll be at ~80-85% passive arp post-gemming.

Not to say that trying to soft cap ArP is bad, but stacking Agi in all high end gear is better than trying to soft cap ArP in all high end gear. Just my 2 cents.
    FOR THE HORDE