15+ Year Old Account

Grid settings, need to know what it has to show from a Paladin PoV

Hi mates...

I'm working on a new release of my interface, and I want to make it work for all current healing classes (that's my goal at least), but all classes are different in terms of what they need to have Grid to show. I know about Priests and Druids, and what they need to know about their raid members, but Paladins and Shamans I've no idea about. I was wondering if you could mention the spells that's a good idea for a Paladin to know if it's on or off a raid member? And what types of debuffs they can remove from raid members, not sure if it's only magic or more ^^

Re: Grid settings, need to know what it has to show from a Paladin PoV

Debuffs:
    Paladin: Magic, Poison, Disease, Forbearance
    Shaman: Poison, Disease, Curse (if talented)

Buffs:
    Paladin: All blessings, All hands, Sacred Shield, Beacon of Light
    Shaman: Earthshield, Riptide, Earthliving, T10 proc

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Puri
    Debuffs:
    Paladin: Magic, Poison, Disease, Forbearance
    Shaman: Poison, Disease, Curse (if talented)

Buffs:
    Paladin: All blessings, All hands, Sacred Shield, Beacon of Light
    Shaman: Earthshield, Riptide, Earthliving, T10 proc
    Stunning! But I don't think I can make it easier for the Paladin to control Blessings on raid members with Grid, so I will let that to the Paladin and their other addons. I'm not sure what the "All hands" spells are (I know almost nothing about Paladins", so can you be more precise here? And isn't Earthliving a proc from an enchant, and does it matter wether you see it or not, isn't it just a + heal? I mean I don't think it affects the spells you use anyway. It's like casting Wild Growth, you don't need to see who has it, because it doesn't affect your spells used.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Hand of Protection
    Hand of Freedom
    Hand of Sacrifice
    Hand of Salvation
    Hand of A'dal?

As a paladin, you have 3 abilites that may or may not need to be watched: Beacon of Light, Sacred Shield and the HoT portion of Flash of Light. Tracking YOUR Beacon is kinda pointless though, the main thing you want for Beacon is a timer, at least that's what I do, since a beacon'd target doesn't need anything else from you, you are already "watching " him 100% of the time. Rolling HoT is nice, but sometimes you simply can't do it because you are spamming something bigger (a.k.a Holy Light) and it\s not that relevant in our performance. Sometimes it's even "bad play" to renew it before it runs out. In conclusion, you just want Sacred Shield to be shown on various raid members, since they are the mebers that can be healed with a Flash of Light instead of a Holy one, if they are not under extreme pressure.

As a shaman, you definetly want an earth shield tracker because it's not on a strict timer like beacon and you need to actually see the charges: Sometimes you may choose to renew it pre-maturely, some other times you want it to fall off, mainly because you were under the effects of a spell power buff when you casted it. Being able to tell which player has an ES on him is also nice mainly because you play with LHW which results in 20% more healing done to targets with ES. You may want to view ancestral fortitude too, since it's a nice buff to roll if you can and your gear allows you too.

note: every healer should be able to see targets with Beacon from other paladins, since those targets generaly require less healing.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

and no, you don't need to track blessings. We use Pallypower for that.

Tracking Forbearance would be nice, as a debuff. Think of it as our "weakened soul"

Tracking the various hand spells is irrelevant. HoP does everything you need it to do the moment you cast it, HoF'ing someone WITHOUT a debuff that cripples you is pointless and about 95% of the time you use HoSalvation on someone it's because he asked you to. If you are imba enough to look at Omen while healing and rolling Salvation on DPS, even if your aggromagnet DPS has Salvation on and is near the tank, he needs a second one
    HoSacrifice is there to be cast on the target with Beacon and spam heal yourself and your health rate is the best indicator for it's duration. Watching HoSacrifice from other people is nice, but then again that goes for ALL healing/tanking cooldowns like PS, shield Block and stuff and those are generally talked over vent or the healing channel.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

My grid shows a timer for Beacon of Light (up right), a timer for Sacred Shield (up left) and a green dot (up left, near the timer) if there's the Flash of Light HoT.

Then i use the bottom right corner to show a dot for Magic, Poison/Disease, Curse and Unstable Affliction for when i PvP. But that's my common character corner, thinking only paladin-wise you should be fine with Magic, Poison, Disease, and maybe Forbearance.

No need to track Hands, and Blessings are already covered by Pallypower.

Hope it helps.

EDIT: don't forget Mortal Strike effects, i usually use a red border to see them.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks mates.

I show:
    Debuffs as colored healthbars (brown, green, blue accordingly)
    Top left corner, Beacon of light as yellow dot
    Bottom left corner, Sacred shield as blue dot
    Bottom right corner, FoL HOT as green dot
    Aggro as red border

Can't think of anything else. The top right corner shows a dot for the respective debuff applied (curse, disease, magic, poison) but it could be changed for something else. Not that I can think of anything.

Anyone wanna share what they use to display the different buffs/debuffs? I'm just curious. I use...

Top right corner-green square for beacon.
    Top left corner-green square for SS
    Bottom left corner-green square for FoL HoT
    Top-red square for aggro.
    Middle icon-disease, magic, poison effects.