Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Frost Dual Wield and 3.3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe
    Is this taking into account the GoD, because im having trouble even getting that first Pest off. Even on the 2nd line (OB-OB-OB dump) i get 2 OB's in then its about another 3 to 4 secs before the third OB, and thats when my diseases fall off. Even if i get the 3 OB in time, the runes for Pest are on cd...
    Do you pest on the first round of blood runes?

like IT PS OB BS PEST

if you dont it will always fall off as it is not timed with your blood runes

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    @Obfuscate

At what number of strength would you consider to resocket into ArPen gems? and how is it fairing for you? i could imagine you would be hitting 30k obliterates

for using GoD i personally use my runes whenever they are off CD or close to it, only making sure that i wont make my death runes stay up for longer than a second, also taking a point out of KM and putting it elsewhere as i was clipping some procs to assure my diseases wouldnt fall off
    Honestly, ArP gemming was just something I wanted to try because it was simming decently high for me. After tonight (Festergut heroic), I'm pretty disappointed. My single-target DPS was about the same (probably because I was only sitting at 80.74% ArP), but I would imagine my AoE suffered terribly.

After spending the last 2 or so hours on the lvl 55 dummy in Acherus using the in game stop watch to play a game of "how long can I keep diseases up?" my general feeling about GoD is:

If there's one thing I've taken away from the experience, it's that Frost + GoD can be about the most inconsistent thing I've ever played. Disease mileage usually varied between 2 and a half to 8 min, but one go lasted 16 min, at which point I stopped because my arm hurt. My latency throughout the entire ordeal was around 200. Probably the most frustrating part of the whole thing was the way Blood Tap sometimes gave different results than expected. The majority of the time BT+UA went off without a hitch, and left me the exact runes I'd anticipated. Other times it went off and left me with an extra death rune for a free Blood Strike. I don't know where that came from but cool? And still other times it left me with an extra death rune that actually wasn't a rune and gave the "Not enough runes" error.

I'd still suggest the glpyh, as it performs quite incredibly when things go problem free, but I also suggest making sure no objects or people are within arms reach, just in case things don't go your way.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Do you pest on the first round of blood runes?

like IT PS OB BS PEST

if you dont it will always fall off as it is not timed with your blood runes
    Im just trying out on test dummies, the rotation i quoted didnt mentioned Pest until the 3rd line. Still having issues with runes on cd when its time to Pest, but ill keep trying. Even ignoring BT/UBA didnt seem to help.

I suppose i can just try GoIT but id rather understand why GoD isnt working correct in my case. This is coming from an tank who is learning to dps (doing 4000 in randoms with GS just under 4800). Tanking rotations arent exactly hard, so this will take me some time.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe
    Im just trying out on test dummies, the rotation i quoted didnt mentioned Pest until the 3rd line. Still having issues with runes on cd when its time to Pest, but ill keep trying. Even ignoring BT/UBA didnt seem to help.

I suppose i can just try GoIT but id rather understand why GoD isnt working correct in my case. This is coming from an tank who is learning to dps (doing 4000 in randoms with GS just under 4800). Tanking rotations arent exactly hard, so this will take me some time.
    with GoD the rotation is IT PS BS Pest OB OB OB (can use UBA+Blood tap macro here) OB OB Pest BS OB OB OB infinitum
    basically just use pest whenever a blood rune comes off CD just make sure you have epidemic if you dont this rotation will not work
    and there is no dump phase as previously mentioned you FS whenever you can and HB>FS if KM+Rime is up simply for the fact that HB has a lower base crit chance the nice thing about this rotation is it keeps KM from getting eaten by IT

edit: almost forgot if you are in an AE pull substitute an OB for HB whenever HB is off CD regardless of rime procs if they do proc thats just a bonus and summon your ghoul when its off CD during raid bosses its a decent dps boost over time for a single GCD

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Quote Originally Posted by Kumduh
    After spending the last 2 or so hours on the lvl 55 dummy in Acherus using the in game stop watch to play a game of "how long can I keep diseases up?" my general feeling about GoD is:

I'd still suggest the glpyh, as it performs quite incredibly when things go problem free, but I also suggest making sure no objects or people are within arms reach, just in case things don't go your way.
    What about trying a 4 cycle rotation instead of two? Meaning you pest one global earlier to avoid latency issues.

For examples:
    IT > PS > OB > BS > Pest
    OBx3
    OB > OB > Pest > BS
    OBx3
    repeat