Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Inexplicable Behaviour in your PuG Raids - Top 10 Dysfunctions

Quote Originally Posted by NotYoFriendGuy
    /props

...keybindings work too... Though, i guess your way works to reduce the clutter of your action bars, I could see it getting confusing having one icon for 3+ abilities.

Using keybindings (and the default blizz ui action bars.. cause i'm cool like that) i did the same thing... i had 1, 2, 3, shift-1,2,3 and alt-1,2,3, except mine were 1,2,3 on the main bar, shift-1,2,3 on the bottom left action bar, and alt-1,2,3,4,5,etc.. was for marking..

whatever floats your boat. i'm not saying "you have to do it my way or you're wrong". much more of a "look at me! i'm cool too" kind of thing.

Well, you don't have to use the same icon. If you leave the icon as the default "?", the icon on your bar will automatically update to whatever spell would be cast, taking into account all conditionals. Just as an example,

/cast [@mouseover,exists,harm]Hand of Reckoning;[@mouseover,exists,help]Flash of Light; Seal of Vengeance

will change icons depending on what your mouse is hovering on. I know that's a crappy set of things to have on a macro, but it's an example.

I could never get that style of play to work if the icon didn't auto-update. My major abilities are on muscle-memory by this point, but I'd have a hard time remembering if shift or alt used a healing potion if I couldn't see the icon.

It's especially important when you have multiple toons that you play on a regular basis. ...Am I casting Corruption or Living Bomb right now?

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    #10) Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous is sneaky. Most likely your best dps, or the healer with highest numbers. You'll start to notice something about them though. After the wipe, you'll look at their recount, pretty nice damage! Wait... they didn't damage the frost orbs... or the bone spikes.. or anything other than the boss.. and wait, that healer was supposed to be healing the tank, he didn't heal him once, and the MT died. Inconspicuous disguises incompetence with high recount numbers, all while sulking in raid that the boss didn't die. After all, how could the boss not die, he was arcane blasting it so hard! Even after being told, will never do what (s)he should be doing, and will instead strive for the highest numbers possible.
    This guy...this guy wipes more raids than anyone, at least in my guild. We have several of this guy that refuse to attack adds on deathwhisper, blood beasts on saurfang, will NEVER volunteer to attack the falling orbs on blood princes or tank the shadow bolt guy, and cannot be troubled to attack green ooze or gas clouds on Putricide (omg it would ruin my top parse!!!). They are always high up on DPS meters and bragging about their top 20 world parse on such and such boss (when of course we barely beat the boss since we were missing two or three dps on the adds). This is also the guy that will refuse to adapt to any strategy that involves lowering dps (i.e. respeccing for some type of utility on a fight like Lich King) because without his/her dps there is no possible way we could ever defeat any bosses. He believes he is the sole reason that we beat any encounter, when in fact he is the greatest liability. To Mr./Mrs. Inconspicuous I say, the only reason you are still in my guild and not in one of the race for the first LK Heroic guilds is because you know that they would toss you aside about 4 seconds into the first fight where you refused to do what was best for the raid instead of what was best for yourself. If I was in charge you would have been replaced long ago with someone that wants to progress and not just brag about how awesome they are.

#10 is a constant in every raiding guild even.

"How can I stop look at the fucking screen, BIG NUMBERS EVERYWHERE! MOAR! NEED MOAR!"

It's what's on their mind when on VT someone's saying "Ffs guys THE SPIKES!"

Inconspicuous is based on an arcane mage in a VoA pug on Moon Guard. We're doing Toravon and we do horribly, BARELY pull off the kill with the tank, 2 healers, a couple melee and me and him left alive, then the frost orbs continue to kill us all.

He goes "WHEW! 10k DPS MAN! I beat you Kras!" as I look at my 8.8k.. and his 0 damage to frost orbs. /golfclap :P
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account

This needs to be stickied. One of the funniest things I have read in a really long time.