The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Nerves of Cold Steel for Unholy pvp? Icy Talons + Necosis + Blood Caked?

Thinkin about playin my dk again left him at 75. With the buff with todays patch would it be worth getting for pvp? and also is necrosis and bloodcaked blades any good for pvp? how much does haste buff them cause im thinkin about getting Icy Talons. here is my spec so far. Yea im noob to dks any advice would be appreciated =) http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...kN,F3bO-,11623

Re: Nerves of Cold Steel for Unholy pvp? Icy Talons + Necosis + Blood Caked?

I'm afraid unholy dualwield isn't currently viable for anything but playing with. Check the top dks for a more common pvp build, they're usually the best.

Also, don't ever use glyph of chains of ice or plague strike. they're both useless.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

the buff to chains of ice buffs the glyph alot imo. looks like alot of fun for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Yautjalv426
    the buff to chains of ice buffs the glyph alot imo. looks like alot of fun for pvp.
    The use of chains of ice won't increase just because of the buff, therefore the glyph remains useless. Sure it might be FUN for pvp but you won't get very far. 1200-1300 rating if you're good.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tyste
    The use of chains of ice won't increase just because of the buff, therefore the glyph remains useless. Sure it might be FUN for pvp but you won't get very far. 1200-1300 rating if you're good.
    why wouldnt it increase the use? i can use 1 frost rune to apply both frost fever and chains instead of 2. before the patch in order to do that you would have to spec so deep into the frost tree that you could not get your 51pt talent. but now in 3.3 you dont need to do that. sounds like all buff to me. i'll take an extra frost rune, 5 runic power from pvp gloves and apply both debuffs for 1 casting at the cost of some damage anyday.

I'm afraid unholy dualwield isn't currently viable for anything but playing with.
    Wrong. As it is patch day today, unholy DW is once again viable due to the attractiveness of a sub frost build. The exact build is same as frost sub reapingless, but moves 3 points from Black Ice to Nerves of cold Steel.

Build in question is actually about 50-100 DPS behind its 2-handed counterpart, and therefore is once again usable, at least in PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Zraal *Yes, ima DK*
    Wrong. As it is patch day today, unholy DW is once again viable due to the attractiveness of a sub frost build. The exact build is same as frost sub reapingless, but moves 3 points from Black Ice to Nerves of cold Steel.

Build in question is actually about 50-100 DPS behind its 2-handed counterpart, and therefore is once again usable, at least in PVE
    Maybe you should read the thread title and realize this is a discussion about DW in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Yautjalv426
    why wouldnt it increase the use? i can use 1 frost rune to apply both frost fever and chains instead of 2. before the patch in order to do that you would have to spec so deep into the frost tree that you could not get your 51pt talent. but now in 3.3 you dont need to do that. sounds like all buff to me. i'll take an extra frost rune, 5 runic power from pvp gloves and apply both debuffs for 1 casting at the cost of some damage anyday.
    It seems you don't know how unholy pvp worked before the patch. The common spec actually had the talent which enabled frost fever on Chains of Ice which only required 18 talent points in the tree. It takes more than 20 to break the 51 talents required for gargoyle which pretty much breaks your argument. However when it comes to the use of Chains of Ice: It's already at a peak of use in PvP, it's used to slow several targets aswell as frequent reapplying on dispelled targets. In other words, you're arguing for something you're inexperienced about. If I were you I'd level the DK to 80 and pvp for a few weeks or months before deciding to invent a new pvp style. Unless you just want to play around ofc.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

It seems you don't know how unholy pvp worked before the patch. The common spec actually had the talent which enabled frost fever on Chains of Ice which only required 18 talent points in the tree. It takes more than 20 to break the 51 talents required for gargoyle which pretty much breaks your argument. However when it comes to the use of Chains of Ice: It's already at a peak of use in PvP, it's used to slow several targets aswell as frequent reapplying on dispelled targets. In other words, you're arguing for something you're inexperienced about. If I were you I'd level the DK to 80 and pvp for a few weeks or months before deciding to invent a new pvp style. Unless you just want to play around ofc.
    lol whoa no clue where my head was when i said you couldnt get the 51pt talent and endless winter.