Alchemy Cooldowns and 3.3.3

Reading the patch notes at the minute from the front page and there's now no mention of the removal of cooldowns on Alchemy transmutes? Is this still going live or something the reverted on the test realms?

I don't tend to make posts about stupid topics, I would usually just go do some hunting for info and read. In this case I seem to find little info that's current but if I missed it a relavent link and wise ass comment about reading/searching would be quite useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Re: Alchemy Cooldowns and 3.3.3

If it does, Alchemy will be a profitless profession, along with it already being a useless one. :-\

i think they will be removing the eternal transmutes and not the gem ones its not quite clear since u could trade frozen orbs in for eternals it would be stupid to keep them

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    If it does, Alchemy will be a profitless profession, along with it already being a useless one. :-\
    How is that useless? It has same bonuses as most other professions (+/-1 stat, if it matters), and double duration on flasks in addition. No other profession can save you so much money if you raid.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi
    How is that useless? It has same bonuses as most other professions (+/-1 stat, if it matters), and double duration on flasks in addition. No other profession can save you so much money if you raid.
    Profession is called hunter ;P
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    i supose u can say the samething about engineering as it costs SO MUCT to lvl up

cost GREATLY outweighs any proffit from engineering

15+ Year Old Account

What cooldown removal was ever mentioned? The only one I can think of that happened recently was Titanium but that was never a money maker. Removing the gem or eternal transmute cooldowns would literally break the market.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon
    i think they will be removing the eternal transmutes and not the gem ones its not quite clear since u could trade frozen orbs in for eternals it would be stupid to keep them
    Imagine if you are a transmute mastery alchemist:
    Buy one Eternal Shadow for 9g
    Transmute in one Eternal life plus procs
    Transmute those and procs to Shadows for that number plus procs.

in about 5 minutes after the patch went live there would literally be an infinite number of Eternals on the server driving the price down to, well there wouldn't be a price.

you'd be goldcapped just by vendoring it
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

I dont think I made any money from engineering until tonight selling those pets

but that wont last...

My alch can sell potions/flasks/gems if you have the wherewithal to farm ALL the mats yourself

Even having my own Enchanter/JC/Miner/Herber/Engineer/BS/Aclhemy/Tailor.... I make surprisingly little from them anymore. I can make everything in house from gathering to production, but at this point on my server, its better gold/hour to just do the dailies 90% of the time...

and obviously xmute a gem every time its up (and jc version) - but with all my toons I cant viably sell them because I use them myself lol.

And they didnt remove any Alch CD. I did my normal gem xmute and got a primal life to something xmute.... and the CD was up from the gem. So I can confirm no CD's were removed for Alchemy. (It really peevs me that those primal transmutes are on the same CD as gems.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Auro
    Even having my own Enchanter/JC/Miner/Herber/Engineer/BS/Aclhemy/Tailor.... I make surprisingly little from them anymore. I can make everything in house from gathering to production, but at this point on my server, its better gold/hour to just do the dailies 90% of the time...
    I have the exact same "problem". I don't seem to be able to make money from my professions, as the majority of high-demand and useful items are up on the AH in abundance and at or close to reagent cost. They are mostly there for the sake of having every profession, and to benefit the toons that have them -- if even minutely.

As for cooldowns, as people have said, the alchemy gem transmute cooldown was not removed. I thought it was going to be, but I must have just got the cloth transmute cooldown removal mixed up.
    For the Alliance!