Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old Ironforge Old Zull Gurub?

Well since cata is coming i was wandering:will there be any chance,cause of the big cataclysmic event that now we will have access to new places as mt hyjal(not the caverns of time raid) and grim battol and such,we will have the chance or at least the hope to see Old Ironfore or the old Zull Gurrub?
    what do you think?
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Old Ironforge Old Zull Gurub?

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    Well since cata is coming i was wandering:will there be any chance,cause of the big cataclysmic event that now we will have access to new places as mt hyjal(not the caverns of time raid) and grim battol and such,we will have the chance or at least the hope to see Old Ironfore or the old Zull Gurrub?
    what do you think?
    no

Maybe Old IF but thats it...
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Old Ironforge might be, "old" Zul'Gurub wouldn't even make sense.

Old IF was probably blocked off because the Horde used it as a staging ground with direct access to Magni, which was rather annoying.

Old Zul'Gurub on the other hand does not actually exist as far as lore goes and is just an artifact of the original plan for the zone. It will likely be removed entirely and replaced.

The Zul'Gurub you can see in the instance is the actual area that is there... or at least, was, until the cataclysm. No clue what will happen to it.

Well they said they have plans to bring back more old dungeons and raids so we shall see. Also they will probably redesign the Classic factional cities (Org, SW, IF, and TB). Probably not completely but I don't see why adding old IF would cause any problems.

As for old ZG, probably not. They may change the appearance of the area right outside of the dungeons but I can't see Blizzard changing the dungeons themselves.

15+ Year Old Account

First off, the title keeps throwing me off. I see old, zulgurub, ironforge and I keep think your talkng about some old god -.- Moving on

As a explored, I would have loved to see what old ironforge looked like, but the bug was fixed before I thought of going there. And I'm pretty sure Zul Gurub is physicaly the same, not a whole lotta destruction there
    I doubt they will ever allow us into old ironforge, it's best just to put it outta your head

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side

As a explored, I would have loved to see what old ironforge looked like, but the bug was fixed before I thought of going there.
    To be honest, it reminded me a lot of the inside (non-instanced part) of Blackrock Mountain. Winding rock paths leading down and lava at the bottom. I vaguely recall there were other doors down there that really didn't lead anywhere.

Anyway, never mind those places, everyone should be far more excited about going to Dancing Troll Village ;D

There are actually named NPCs in huts in that village, that you previously would simply never even see since you can't see them from the flight path.

Would love to see Old Ironforge, I remember seeing a video of it and being like "Daym, that's sweet". I thought the nearest compromise would be going to Ironforge Airport and then jumping down to the weed farms (Don't tell me you didn't know the dwarves are the main exporters of drugs in WoW?)

I could think of a scenario where the lava in old Ironforge rises due to the Cataclysm event.
    Or a Trogg invasion inside the old part of the City.

Quote Originally Posted by absurd
    I could think of a scenario where the lava in old Ironforge rises due to the Cataclysm event.
    Or a Trogg invasion inside the old part of the City.
    Doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Miltiadhs
    what do you think?
    Well its still possible to get into old ironforge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TFSPQ6nYfQ

The question is why old IF was put there in the first place if they don't plan on using it.

They probably had plans for it, but ended up abandoning them for other things.

Same reason for Crystalsong being there.

Quote Originally Posted by huth

Crystalsong was meant to be the staging area for the Argent Tournament (which also makes more sense seeing as how you spend so many quests going to crystalsong and areas where the forest would have been a much nicer central hub, the black knight quests and all the "worthy weapon" quests for example.)

Unfortunately Dalaran killed Crystalsong as a useable area. Dal takes up too much space and server resources. Kind of makes me wish they'd gone with more open streets, not added the 'dalaran visitors' cut out the faction NPCs that walk around - instead have them walking around the argent tourney grounds - and only go with a single bank. All of which would have cut down on resource usage a lot.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by huth

nobody cares about crystalsong. the most interesting ideas abandoned are Azjol'Nerub as an underground zone and the Upsidedown sinners crypt near Karazhan (got some old screenshots from bc. yeah i khow my ui sucked)

This crypt lies behind the tower of Karazhan in Deadwind Pass, in the cemetery at Morgan's Plot. It is by far the largest of the crypts, stretching deep underground in a labyrinthine series of rooms, each more horrifying than the previous. Easily the most horrific chamber is the "Upside Down Sinners" - a large water-filled room with dead people attached to chains floating upside-down, feet pointing towards the ceiling. The underground network of crypts contains other strange chambers as well:

* Well of the Forgotten
    * The Pauper's Walk
    * The Pit of Criminals
    * Tome of the Unrepentant [sic]
    * The Slough of Dispair [sic]

The bizarre layout and naming conventions of the crypt are unlike any other region, dungeon, or instance in the game. The purpose of the crypt is unknown - it may be a playground for developers, a testing site of sorts, an unfinished instance, or something else entirely. Some people speculate that is a lower portion of Karazhan, as some lore indicated Karazhan has a lower half. But upon further investigation the architecture does not match with Karazhan in the slightest bit, leaving a rather large flaw in their speculation.

This area could be accessed via dying close to the gate and running through it, but this was changed in Patch 2.0.

Also note that the region known as "The Slough of Dispair" [sic] is a reference to the popular game Doom's level of the same name.

Upside Down Sinners

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side
    As a explored, I would have loved to see what old ironforge looked like, but the bug was fixed before I thought of going there. And I'm pretty sure Zul Gurub is physicaly the same, not a whole lotta destruction there
    I doubt they will ever allow us into old ironforge, it's best just to put it outta your head
    You didn't miss much. Old IF is just like a mini BRM with purple crystals in the roof and a Discworld-inspired like dwarven throne spire. Would be nice to see the place extended and opened though.

Un-zoned ZG is mainly the same - excluding Hakkars temple which just has a troll shrine placeholder. (Like the Alter of Zul in the Hinterlands).

Quote Originally Posted by Kanubis
    Anyway, never mind those places, everyone should be far more excited about going to Dancing Troll Village ;D

There are actually named NPCs in huts in that village, that you previously would simply never even see since you can't see them from the flight path.
    Incorrect my dear sir! Pre-walljumping nerf you could 'get to know' the Moonglade mountains better and end up on top of the Moonglade crater. With a bit of slow fall/noggenfogger etc. you could slow fall down into the village and dance with the trolls!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I wish they make old IF do something in cata.

Can be a nice Cata event that the floor breaks open that you can jump down and do there an daily quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindipedia
    Incorrect my dear sir! Pre-walljumping nerf you could 'get to know' the Moonglade mountains better and end up on top of the Moonglade crater. With a bit of slow fall/noggenfogger etc. you could slow fall down into the village and dance with the trolls!
    Well indeed, how do you think I was qualified to make the statement? ;D

This is me chilling with the trolls in question:

Quote Originally Posted by Taan

nobody cares about crystalsong. the most interesting ideas abandoned are Azjol'Nerub as an underground zone and the Upsidedown sinners crypt near Karazhan (got some old screenshots from bc. yeah i khow my ui sucked)
    Azjol'Nerub is different, since there are no leftovers left in the game, it was killed in the concept stage.

On the other hand, i would say pretty much the entirety of deadwind pass belongs into this category. Lots of leftovers Blizz will have to clean up for Cata.

Old Ironforge is there for Lore only
    "Old Zul'Gurub" is there for look only

Anyways, below is a GM when you talk to him about hidden areas: